The Perfect Home from Home - With Over Twenty 5 Star Reviews from Guests
- english, french, spanish, portuguese, polish
About Janet Lindsay
My husband and I live and work in London and bought this house as a holiday and weekend home in 2006 after renting in Itchenor for 5 years. With the help of an excellent local architect and skilled labour we virtually rebuilt the house, equipping it with every modern convenience. It retains many original features and has the true feeling of a family home as many guests have attested. Our two children are now both grown up and whilst we still love to visit Itchenor where we have many friends we use the house less frequently than we did when they were younger and have decided to make it available to others. We have always gained so much from our trips to Itchenor for holidays and short breaks. I am sure you will also.
Janet Lindsay purchased this House in 2006
Why Janet Lindsay chose West Itchenor
We bought the house so my husband could indulge his passion for sailing and our two children could learn to sail also. With Itchenor Sailing Club just 200 yards away the location could not be more convenient. Lazy days on the beach at nearby West Wittering and walks around nearby East Head (National Trust) are also highlights for us.
What makes this House unique
Chichester Harbour is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty offering fabulous walks, birdwatching, sailing/boating, fishing and opportunities for many other leisure activities https://landscapesforlife.org.uk/about-aonbs/aonbs/chichester-harbour North of Chichester lies the South Downs National Park with a further plethora of walking and other leisure options https://www.southdowns.gov.uk/ Portsmouth to the West is home to HMS Victory and other visitor attractions at the Historic Dockyard providing enjoyment for all the family https://www.historicdockyard.co.uk/
Pool / Spa
Children allowed - Bed protectors are available for young children. Bed protectors are available for young children.
No parties/events - No parties permitted under any circumstances.No parties permitted under any circumstances.
Max guests: 8 (sleeps up to 8 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 30
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Our Christmas holiday
Our overall impression was one of total satisfaction.We all loved being there, the house was so welcoming and easy to feel immediately at home .Everything was really convient and the design flowed effortlessly. The kitchen has to have a special mention,there was every utensil you could possible want( especially when organising a Christmas meal ) and plenty of mugs and cutlery to go round all the time, one or two friends or family dropped in for a coffee or tea or something stronger,never a shortage ! The position was also pretty perfect a no through road to a beautiful harbour, just as the details said. Yes thank you we had a truly wonderful relaxing holiday in your beautiful home.
Hi Janet and Denys,
Many thanks for submitting a review of your stay. It's always lovely to learn how much our guests have enjoyed their time at Street House.
With best wishes for 2020
Lovely weekend getaway.
Very clean and tidy property. Comfortable beds and had all the necessities at the property to make the stay stress free.
Would stay here again.
Thank you. 😊
Street House, Itchenor, a perfect family holiday
Street House was chosen for its location, close to the sea, central for our diverse family locations, as much as it was for the pool and garden, necessary requirements for entertaining 4 generations.
In reality our expectations were exceeded, the pool was excellent and heated to a perfect temperature. The accommodation exactly suited our needs, was spotlessly presented, light airy and for evenings when individuals sought some quiet time, provided enough space for that to easily happen.
Mike and Janet are perfect hosts, very helpful and approachable.
We hope to return again.
Thank you to the Lindsays for opening their house to us.
Stewart and Jennifer Santer
We had a fantastic break at this lovely property, very clean and comfortable and well equipped. The garden and swimming pool are just lovely, we barely left.
It's also a very nice area, great for cycling and finding local pubs to enjoy lunch in the garden.
Hopefully we'll be back soon.
Amazing house at a perfect location in Itchenor. Highly recommend.
- Portsmouth to the West is home to HMS Victory and other visitor attractions at the Historic Dockyard providing enjoyment for all the family https://www.historicdockyard.co.uk/
- Chichester Festival Theatre offers a high quality and diverse programme of plays, musicals and other entertainment much of it suitable for children https://www.cft.org.uk/
- Chichester Gate Leisure Park offers a multi-screen Cineworld, tenpin bowling and a variety of restaurants and frast food outlets http://www.chichestergateleisurepark.co.uk/
- Goodwood House offers a wide range of entertainment for vistors throughout the season including horse racing, motorsport (notably the Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival), golf, flying and a sculpture park https://www.goodwood.com/
- fabulous walks from your doorstep - our favorite being along the foreshore to West Wittering/East Head. We've done it 100's of times and never tire of the harbour's ever changing beauty and bird life.
- for birdwatchers also don't miss out on a visit to Pagham Harbour Local Nature reserve https://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves-and-events/reserves-a-z/pagham-harbour-local-nature-reserve/
- Itchenor Quay (with its passenger ferry to Bosham running from April to end October) is 400 yards away providing convenient access to further waling on the north side of the harbour such as the historic village of Bosham, with its famous church, parts of which date from the 11th century, and the smart residential Bosham Hoe enclave.
Vineyard tours are available at Tinwood Estate, Halnaker, just north of Chichester and maker of some of England's finest sparkling wines https://www.tinwoodestate.com/
Further afield the South Downs offer unlimited walking possibilities - best combined with a good pub lunch in our view!
- Itchenor lies on the Salterns Way cycle route running for 12 miles from the centre of Chichester to East Head and taking in some of West Sussex's loveliest beauty spots such as Dell Quay, Birdham Pool, Westlands, Shipton Green, West Itchenor and West Wittering.
Sailing and motorboating:
- Itchenor Sailing Club https://www.itchenorsc.co.uk/ lies c 200 yards away and Itchenor Boat Hire provides further boating opportunities http://www.itchenorboathire.co.uk/.
- Chichester train station 7 miles away with regular service to London Victoria (1 hour 32 mins).
- Chichester is about 7 miles away. Portsmouth is 22 miles away.
East Wittering, West Wittering, Bracklesham and Birdham villages are each within 3 or 4 miles.
- Tesco Metro, Coop, Boots, butcher, baker, fishmonger, greengrocers, deli, traditional sweet shop, beach and surfwear, ATMs etc in East Wittering.
M&S, Next, Boots, and most other high street brands in Chichester including Hotel Chocolat!
Tesco Extra, Sainsburys, Waitrose, Lidl, John Lewis at Home, PC World, Halfords on retail parks to the east of Chichester city centre
Cineworld, bowling, Frankie & Benny's, Nandos, GBK etc at Chichester Gate Leisure Park to the south of the centre