3 bedrooms, sleeps 8, 2 bathrooms, 1 separate wc, mountain resort, balcony
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
fantastic stay in Lapalgne
We loved our stay in crete cote village, fantastic snow and a great size chalet.
nice size appartment, beautiful views,
It was great staying there with our family.
Appartment is a good size (for skiing flats) and is well equipped. Communication was great.
Views are amazing and the kitchen was also very well equipped.
As long as you are a red skier, you can ski in and out... otherwise you have a free shuttle every hour to take you to plagne 1800 or plagne centre.
Would generally recommend.
Views over the valley from superb accomadation.
This accommodation was larger than we expected. 5 people sharing, this apartment was spacious and comfortable. The view from the living room is breath taking. We catered for ourselves in the well equipped kitchen and enjoyed several evenings sitting around the table discussing the day's skiing relaxing in this warm pine clad property. A real home from home. Large veranda to enjoy a quiet moment mornings and evenings while taking in the expansive views.
Pros. Directions were simple to follow on arrival and the agent was so helpful. Prior to arrival we were provided with a number to call. Helpful tips on getting to the slopes by bus or skiing from outside the accommodation across to a local piste.
Cons. 3 mins walk to the bus stop, bus every hour to the lifts. Only 1 separate w.c. 2 showers and a bath.
Fantastic time in a lovely warm Chalet.
We had a fantastic time in Laplagne and the Chalet was just perfect. Great value for money, I would definately book again.
Nice cosy chalet for skiing
We would give this chalet 4/5 - if not for the mattresses; see below...
-Lovely chalet with great views and amenities.
-Ample space for our group of 5 adults (although anymore and it would be snug!)
-Hot water and heating plentiful; balcony huge, with sweeping views of the mountains.
-Kitchen equipment was good – pots, pans, crockery, and we made good use of the oven, toaster, microwave and dishwasher too. Fridge was big.
-Great ski access.
-Chalet D’s heated shared boot room (accessible via keypad lock) was super handy and secure.
- We were lucky to have sunny, spring weather with great snow too, but weren’t really able to sit outside as the outdoor furniture was rusty and in need of TLC/replacement.
- Freezer section of fridge is small.
- Bedrooms & bathrooms spacious, although as mentioned, we found the mattresses were very uncomfortable and the hired bedding too thick/hot for the time of year.
-We could have done with larger towels too, and extra hair towels for the ladies!
- No arrival advice. All of the private rentals we’ve stayed in previously have usually had a folder of info from the host – e.g. which bus takes you where, what restaurants are good etc. but this one didn’t have that, which is not always preferable when you want to hit the ground running on arrival.
- Communication generally could’ve been better –particularly as there was some confusion over how to hire bedding (we had to contact a different person to arrange this?!) and the host was often slow to reply.
- As the TV isn’t connected to an aerial, it would be handy if there were some DVDs/board games stored in the chalet. We brought some of our own, but couldn’t take many due to luggage space restrictions! It’s worth noting that the DVD player and TV both have USB ports.
- For slopes/lift access, the navette bus (#3) comes once an hour (12mins past from Crete Cote to Plagne 1800, Plagne Centre and beyond; 40mins past from Plagne Centre BACK to Crete Cote). We found the walk up and down the hill from the chalet to the bus stop, carrying all our equipment, quite hard going – we thoroughly recommend lessons with Oxygene, who will shuttle you to and from the chalet door! Rental Republic was great for ski hire, and dropped everything direct to the chalet on our arrival day, and collected it at the end of the week.
- Foodwise, we recommend Le Vega in Plagne Centre, and La Cantine in Plagne 1800. We used the Spar in Plagne 1800 for self catering.
Great property. Great Location. Amazing views.
This is a great property. Very comfortable with all the creature comforts. We had four of us staying and there was plenty of room. As it was winter we didn't use the outside spaces but in summer it would be a wonderful place to spend time. Amazing views and I would highly recommend it.
Plagne 1800 is one of the 6 high altitude resorts which along with 4 villages make up the La Plagne ski domain. La Plagne is linked to the Les Arcs ski domain to make up the famous Paradiski. There is a free bus service from Crete Cote village to La Plagne centre. The bus picks at 9mins past the hour on the opposite side of the road from the bins. The return bus service departs La Plagne city centre 40mins past the hour.
During the ski season the Paradiski offers 425 km of piste at up to 3250 m across 239 runs for every level of ability. It has three peaks above 3000 m, 158 km of cross country runs, 5 snow parks, 3 boarder cross, a half pipe, a bob sleigh run, 2 glaciers and an ice climbing area among its attractions - making it one of the most extensive, varied and best equipped ski destinations in the world. Food in the numerous restaurants is delicious, affordable and extremely varied.
Part of the Parc National de Vanoise the area is one of outstanding natural beauty. During the summer it offers a fantastic range of activities including: mountain biking, cycling, walking, hiking, horse riding, kayaking, white water rafting, tennis, ice skating, fishing, lake swimming and much more.
Other Activities: Bobsleigh
Ski: La Plagne forms part of the Paradiski ski area, together with Les Arcs and Peisey-Vallandry. La Plagne itself consists of 225 km of pistes, 80 km of cross-country routes, 1 snow park, 3 boarder cross, 1 half pipe and not forgetting the glacier! With such an extensive lift network in operation both summer and winter, it makes sense that there are a wide range of lift pass options available for the skier or boarder, mountain biker and pedestrian.