Cottages in Blairingone, Dollar, Nr. Stirling, Clackmannanshire, Central Scotland
About Johnny Stewart
My name is Johnny Stewart. I was educated locally at Blairingone primary school before going on to Aysgarth and then Eton College and then joined the Army. I served in the Scots Guards for 22 years and returned to the family estate in central Scotland in 2000. I married Katie and we have 3 children. I run the farm and also golf tours around Scotland. I enjoy golf, tennis and field sports.
Johnny Stewart purchased this Cottage in 2000
Why Johnny Stewart chose Dollar
Ochil Cottage is situated outside the village of Blairingone on the family estate. It has stunning views of the Valley to Stirling and beyond. The cottage has recently been renovated and is perfect for 8 adults and children. It is often booked by 2 families of 2 adults and 2 children. It can be booked with Blashie Cottage which together sleep 14. The games room is a great asset for young families and adults alike. Pets are welcome and dogs are regular visitors.
What makes this Cottage unique
The games room is a great benefit. The estate has many walks and they have become very popular. There is trout fishing on the River Devon which goes with the booking. There are 2 permits.
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Wonderful, spacious property with a real fire and fantastic views. Perfect for our party of seven. We were very comfortable, and very sad to leave.
Thank you for being such good guests. I was sorry not to say goodbye and I hope you will come back again one day. Do tell your friends about us.
Charming, roomy and comfortable
Our group of 7 fit perfectly here. The kitchen is large. The area was quiet with beautiful views from the back patio. A+
Special interest holidays:
- There are many lochs, rivers and fisheries in the locality. The River Devon flows through the Estate and trout fishing can be booked through the farm office. Excellent trout fishing is available on Loch Leven and there is the very best salmon fishing within 30 minutes drive.
- In season, shooting can be arranged on the Estate or in the local area.
- The Ochil Hills run for 20 miles from Stirling in the West to Muckhart in the East and rise to over 2,300 feet with stunning views of Central Scotland and the Highlands.
- The local paragliding centre is in Menstrie, 5 miles, and instruction is available for all ages and levels of ability.
- There are 3 riding schools within 2 miles of the cottages
Off Road Driving
- The Scottish off Road Driving Centre is near Gateside, 15 miles away.
The nearest shops are in Dollar, 2 miles away. There is a designer outlet at Tillicoultry (4 miles) with Edinburgh and Perth within easy driving range. The House of Bruar is 45 miles to the North.
There are two excellent restaurants within 3 miles and six within 10 miles. There is an excellent pub in Dollar and Muckhart (2 miles) and two take-away restaurants in Dollar.
Arndean Cottages are situated 2 miles to the east of Dollar and 500 metres to the North of the village of Blairingone in the Ochil Valley. The Highlands, Loch Lomond, Edinburgh, and Glasgow are less than an hour away with Stirling and Perth only 30 minutes by car. The view from the cottages is stunning with views down the Ochil Valley to the Trossachs, 40 miles away.
- Within 30 minutes are Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument, Bannockburn Battlefield, Alloa Tower, Castle Campbell, Kinross House and gardens, Loch Leven with boat trips to the island, Falkland Palace and Scone Palace.
- Blair Drummond Safari Park, near Stirling and Deep Sea World at North Queensferry