3 king bedrooms, 3 bath with year round mountain views, privacy, expansive decks
John Stegall / Robert Thompson
About John Stegall / Robert Thompson
We hope you enjoy our cabin as much as we do. We also stay here and want it to be comfortable and relaxing. We strive for a clean cabin with quality, comfortable beds and furnishings. We hope you agree that our home away from home is far more comfortable and well equipped than the typical rental cabin. We are very proud to have been awarded the Best of Mineral Bluff - Mountains Cabins in both 2018 and 2019.
John Stegall / Robert Thompson purchased this Cabin in 2016
Why John Stegall / Robert Thompson chose Mineral Bluff
Beautiful long range, nested mountain views and plenty of decks to take in the stunning views and sunrise. 3 KING Bedrooms make this cabin unique and perfect for multiple couples to get away together! Quality built, well maintained, and CLEAN cabin. The following have all be recently updated with NEW, high quality items - no garage sale clearance items here: NEW high quality stainless steel tri-clad pots and pans NEW Dinnerware NEW Gas Range NEW Fridge NEW Dishwasher NEW Kitchen sink and faucet NEW Granite Counter tops NEW Gas Logs NEW hand carved bed and NEW Tuft & Needle Mattress in Main floor bedroom NEW Pine Log and Mountain Laurel King bed with memory foam mattresses New Tuft & Needle mattress in Master and Mian level bedrooms NEW high quality sheets (high thread count, 100% cotton) NEW Pillows NEW ceiling fans in great room, master, and main floor bedroom King beds in all bedrooms NEW Outdoor covered deck with fireplace, tv, dining table, rockers, ceiling fans
What makes this Cabin unique
Expansive decks, outdoor fireplace and fire pit, privacy, views, quality/comfort of bedding, cleanliness of cabin, overall cabin quality.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Great secluded location
My family and I had a wonderful time. Thank you ;)
In general – There is balcony access from every floor---including the bedrooms in the main floor and upstairs. The views are incredible and the cabin is very charming. Everything is clearly labeled (i.e. what light switch works on what, etc.)
Location - the cabin is about 20 to 30 minutes away (in different directions) to Blue Ridge (supermarkets), whitewater rafting, and Blairsville.
Property Management – Very responsive. Upon arrival we checked everything and communicated our finding to the property manager, but around 10:30pm, we discovered that the air mattress in the sofa bed had several holes and couldn't be inflated. We called the property manager and she offered to drive to the cabin to bring us another mattress. We passed on that offer because it was late and it would have taken her an hour to get to us. The next day we were provided with another mattress for the sofa bed.
Kitchen – the kitchen is well stocked with all kinds of gadgets, spices, plenty of plates, silverware, and glasses. Not in the description is the availability of a Keurig Coffee Machine---the owner provided enough k-cups coffee for the first morning---but if I would have known beforehand I could have brought my own. Supermarkets are not close to the cabin and their k-cup coffee variety is not too great.
Bathrooms – Nice, spacious and clean. We were provided with a large handmade soap along with hotel size soaps, shampoo and conditioner enough for the first couple of days. It was also nice to find in the bathroom Listerine mouth wash pump bottles and plastic glasses, liquid hand soap, and hand lotion.
Bedrooms – All beds in the house are super comfortable (not too soft not too hard, just perfect) We all slept very well and had a variety of pillows and blankets in the closets.
Entertainment – There are a lot of thing to do in the area and there is a binder in the living room with contact information, etc. We got rained in one day, but there is plenty of entertainment for adults and teenagers in the cabin as well. There is a large selection of DVD movies, books, board games, pool table, fuzz ball, Jacuzzi, and of course, cable and we were able to use the smart TV to connect to Netflix and Amazon Prime. Also, there is a fire pit out on the driveway that was perfect for making s’mores.
We loved our stay at Eagles Perch Lodge. The owners anticipated our every need; all we needed were our clothes and food! The cabin was clean, the yard was clean, the outside porches and seating areas were clean! We love the quietness of the cabin. There were plenty of things to keep us as busy as we wanted; hot tub, board games, pool table, etc. We spent a day in Helen visiting Anna Ruby Falls and Nora Mills! This is definitely our vacation spot! We will be coming back to Eagles Perch Lodge! It’s PERFECT!!!
Relaxing and Wonderful
This property is absolutely beautiful and relaxing. My husband and I took his parents and our two teenagers with us, so the age range was 16-75 and there was something for everyone. The teenagers loved the downstairs area and the parents loved sitting on the deck drinking their coffee. The cabin is so nicely decorated and everything was well thought out. We loved it so much that my husband and I will be coming back to look at buying in the area but until we do we will continue to rent this cabin in the future. We loved this vacation and all the extras.
The cabin is very well done and the amenities are great. The owners thought of all of the things you need to enjoy your stay. All you really need to bring is yourself and clothes! There was 8 of us and we had plenty of room to enjoy ourselves without being on top of each other. The outdoor areas are amazing! We sat outside majority of the time looking at the view and watching the outside TV. Your not far from town at all to explore Blue Ridge. If you are looking for a peaceful cabin away from the noise and distractions of town, this is the place for you. You will not be disappointed.
Beautiful and Peaceful Vacation Home
We truly enjoyed our stay and this lovely mountain home. It was impeccably clean and so well thought out. With three adult couples we all felt pampered in our private en-suites. There was plenty of privacy and and gathering areas for all to enjoy. It rained most of the time we were there, but were still able to enjoy the outdoors in the amazing covered outdoor area.
One last comment, the owners have thought of Everything and were easily accessible to answer any questions we had.
Sit back and enjoy your privacy while admiring stunning long range mountain views - 4+ layers deep!. Relax in the NEW hot tub. Watch the beautiful sunrise. Hit the nearby casino if you feel lucky. Shop the quaint boutiques in Blue Ridge. Go tubing or whitewater rafting. Ride the scenic tourist train or visit Mercier Orchards. Or just relax and do whatever you want, away from it all.
Nestled on the side of Watson Mountain, Eagles Perch Lodge enjoys the same long range views as the exclusive Mountain High Community. Relax in this clean, well maintained, quality furnished Log Cabin, with over 2,500 sq ft on three levels. You'll find a Bedroom and Bathroom on each level; King beds in all bedrooms. Expansive decks, over 2,000 sq ft of deck, on all levels allow you to enjoy time outdoors, taking in the stunning, layered, long range year round mountain views. JUST COMPLETED! New outdoor living area with wood burning fireplace, large rustic dining table and benches (locally hand crafted), and Large screen TV.
Near Lake Hiwassee (Murphy, NC) and Lake Blue Ridge (Blue Ridge, GA) - boat rentals available at both lakes. Fishing available at both lakes, and trout fishing available at various locations in the Toccoa River.
The cabin faces East so you can enjoy beautiful sunrises and relax in the late afternoons without the glaring, hot sun.
The town of Blue Ridge is considered one of the best antiquing destinations in the Appalachian Mountains. If your hobby is antiquing, then you can spend several hours a day exploring the many antique shops and malls that house several specialty vendors. Also, there are several specialty shops, galleries, clothing and apparel, unique books, sweet treats and other mountain adventure stores to peak your interest. Here are just a few quaint places to put on your shopping list
Nearby activities include:
• Approx 25 minutes to new Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino, with more than 1,000 slots and 70 table games
• Approx 25 minutes to the beautiful Lake Hiwassee in Murphy, NC or Lake Blue Ridge, GA, for boating, fishing, etc.
• Within Minutes of shopping and dining in Blue Ridge or Murphy
• Close to whitewater rafting (including the Olympic course on the Ocoee), river tubing and horseback riding
• Close to hiking and biking trails
• Numerous waterfalls and scenic drives in the North Georgia Mountain area.
Good roads; steep drive has been fully paved for easy access
General Cabin Amenities
• NEW Oct 2016 Outdoor covered dining/relaxation area with wood burning fireplace, TV, and ceiling fans
• Central A/C and Heat
• Wifi Internet
• HD Satellite (250+ channnels, plus movie channels)
• Phone with free long distance (US Only)
• AT&T and Verizon cell signals (many Blue Ridge area cabins may not have this)
• Large, Multi-leveled Expansive Decks - over 2,000 sq ft of deck, much of it covered
• Gas BBQ Grill
• NEW Fire Pit, perfect for relaxing conversation, making S'mores, or a weenie roast
• Covered Porches and Decks with rockers, a swing and patio dining set; some covered areas have outdoor ceiling fans, hammock
• NEW Oct 2016 Hot Springs Hot Tub - drained, cleaned, sanitized, and refilled after each stay
• Fully Equipped with Quality Furnishing, Bedding, and Linens
• Loft with desk, sitting area, and balcony overlooking mountain range
• Sleeps 8
• Stunning Long Range, Multi-Layered Year Round Mountain Views
• Cabin faces East so you can enjoy beautiful sunrises and no hot blinding late afternoon sun!
• Decks are newly refinished (May 2016)
• Three Levels with a Bedroom and Bathroom on each level; each with ceiling fans
• King beds in all bedrooms - hard to find, highly desired, each with rustic wood beds crafted by local Georgia artisans from Georgia materials
◦ Master on Upper Level, King bed with new Tuft & Needle mattress,, ceiling fan, private bath with tub/shower, French doors to private balcony with 2 rockers and outdoor ceiling fan
◦ Main Level (no stairs), King bed, with new Tuft & Needle mattress, ceiling fan, private bath with tub/shower, french doors to balcony, 2 outdoor chairs
◦ Lower Level, King bed with comfy memory foam mattress, ceiling fan, hallway bath with tub/shower
• Quality, comfortable mattresses
• NEW 100% cotton, high thread count sheets
• NEW Quality memory fiber pillows
• NEW bedding
• All bedrooms with 42" LCD HD televisions with full HD satellite, DVR, and DVD players
• NEW Sleeper sofa in Rec Room; queen sofa bed with comfortable Air Dream hybrid mattress (11" mattress part coil, part air)
• Quality bed linens and pillows provided for the number of guests on reservation
• Towels and assorted amenities (starter sized bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hand soap, make-up wipes, mouthwash); quantity is based on the number of guests on reservation, bar of handmade bath soap made by owner for each bath
• NEW 55" 4K LCD UHD curved screen TV in the Great Room with HD Satellite and B