Silver Coast area, Casa dos Pomares villa is in the unspoilt village of Capeleira, 3 mins' drive from Obidos and 50 mins drive from Lisbon Airport
With private solar heated pool and secluded amongst 6,500 sq. m of private orchard, Casa dos Pomares has everything you could possibly desire and is not overlooked. It is a traditional single storey villa, built in 2010 amidst spectacular panoramic views over Obidos, the castle, coast and Obidos lagoon, the world’s largest natural lagoon leading to the sea, and countryside. See our contact page too!
Sleeps up to 8 in 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en-suite plus large family bathroom). Popular with families, cross-generation and equally for couples who would not feel they are 'rattling around'.
• Beautifully decorated and finished to a very high standard, extremely spacious, comfortable and peaceful villa, family friendly
• Large open plan fully equipped kitchen, dishwasher, microwave, large American fridge/ freezer, toaster.
• Separate utility room with washing machine, iron and ironing board
• Very large living and dining area with plenty of seating for 8.
• DVD player, TV/radio with BBC/ITV channels, free WiFi, games, books and DVDs
• Travel cot and highchair can be provided, as well as a welcome pack (payable locally).
• Separate indoor games area with table tennis, pool table, darts.
• Extremely well equipped and furnished with an attractive mix of locally made furniture and fittings and some locally sourced antiques
• Tiled floors throughout with underfloor geo-thermal heating plus wood burning log fire making this an ideal location for out of season too.
• Two double French windows opening out with two aspects onto amazing views across the valleys, farmland, vineyards and down over Obidos and the castle
• Please see picture of house layout 210 sq m.
• Wheelchair friendly.
• Private solar heated pool 9 x 4.5 m with steps down in shallow end.
• Large landscaped lawn and garden, ideal for children,
• Extensive fruit trees in our orchard (help yourselves to plums, peaches, apricots, figs, apples, mulberries, depending on the time of year!)
• Verandahs, decking, BBQ, outside dining
• Outdoor basketball net, pool and beach toys.
• 15 mins to the wide unspoilt sandy beaches including Bom Successo/Aldeia dos Pescadores and Foz do Arelho either side of the Obidos and Foz do Arelho lagoons
• 15 mins award winning golf courses at Praia del Rey, Royal Obidos, Bom Sucesso and the recently opened West Cliffs (voted world’s best new golf course 2017),
• 3 mins. drive from and overlooking medieval World Heritage walled town & castle of Obidos with annual Christmas, Medieval, chocolate and opera festivals, fado, tapas bars, restaurants (try brunch at the Obidos Lounge)
• 3 mins. drive to excellent local supermarket.
• Fabulous good value cuisine in the local restaurants (try Tracadino 5 mins walk)
• 10 mins drive to old spa town of Caldas da Rainha with traditional markets, shops, more supermarkets (Aldi, Lidl, Intermarche, LeClerc & PIngo Doce), park with boating lake and tennis, thermal baths, art gallery, museums, library, theatre and bullring, as well as cinema and bowling.
• Indoor karting at Caldas da Rainha (10 mins.) or outdoor karting at Bombarral (20 mins.)
• Easy reach of historic towns of Sintra, Mafra, Tomar, Batalha & Alcobaca, vineyards
• 20 mins drive to take surfing lessons in the many surf schools at Peniche or Baleal which has Ripcurl global surfing events.
• 15 mins to the lagoon reached through beautiful pine & eucalyptus forests to enjoy wind-surfing, sailing, SUP (stand up paddleboarding) kite surfing at the sailing school or try fishing or cycling around the calm waters of the lagoon.
• 15 mins Nazare and Sao Martinho (try afternoon tea at the hotel Palace Capitao),
• Don't miss the peaceful and beautiful 'Buddha Eden' near the Sanguinhal vineyard, approx. 20 mins drive.
• Local amenities include dentist, pharmacy, English speaking doctor and post office, public indoor swimming pool.
• Loads to see and do, whatever the weather and time of year
Please contact us if you are interested in other periods as we are very flexible with arrival/departure days of the week and lengths of stay
Airport transfers, welcome packs and babysitting can be arranged. Do let us know if you are celebrating a special occasion!