|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Situated at the end of a country lane yet only 500m from the nearest small village of Prats du Perigord. Set in the grounds of the owners own property, with both cottages separated from each other by pretty trees and shrubs, guests would enjoy privacy and seclusion, sharing only a parking area with the owners. The gardens and sunny terraces are exclusively for the use of guests.
Having visited the area on and off since 1990, eventually decided to buy as a base to visit. Leaving my last job in UK in 2007, retrained as a builder and made the move here permanent.
The Owner purchased this cottage in 1998
The local countryside has wildlife in abundance and there are beautiful walks on ther doorstep. The locals are kind, friendly and always chatty.
The area is renowned for it's gastronomy and wines.
Although the cottage is in a rural setting, 15 minutes sees you at the beautiful villages of either Belves or Villefranche du Perigord with their local shops.
We had a wonderful time at the cottage. The location was perfect and the cottage itself was extremely well equipped.
Great house and pool. Best Gite we've stayed in! Good facilities.
We felt at home here as soon as we arrived, the house and pool exceeded our expectations.
This is a beautiful cottage in an outstanding location where privacy and peace are in abundance. The sound of silence and the birds - and the sight of early morning deer and plenty of lizards - adds to the experience. The pool is fantastic - great views, not overlooked and well maintained - and when the sun gets too hot there are plenty of shady areas. The area around is full of things to do - wild swimming, canoeing and walking - and plenty of good food and wine. The owner was discrete and helpful. Thankyou
This is a delightful place to spend a holiday. Set in a peaceful rural area, the pretty local village is within walking distance and Belves (designated one of the most beautiful villages in France) only a short drive away. The River Dordogne is 15 minutes and the area abounds with wonderful medieval villages and Chateaux. The cottage is full of charm and very well equipped. The owners ensured it was spotlessly clean and kept the pool in immaculate condition. They were most helpful and had lots of local knowledge when asked, but were discreet and quiet. For eating out the Night Market in Belves is a great opportunity to mix with the local people and we enjoyed Le Madelon there too. A bit further away but well worth the drive, La Belle Etoile in La Roque Gageac was superb for a special occassion! We love this area, it is so beautiful and there is so much to see and do that we will certainly be back for another stay at this property. A perfect holiday!
Had a fantastic two weeks. The cottage is old, with lovely period features and the Pool is fantastic. Considerate and helpful owner who was on hand to help out as necessary and cleaned the Pool regularly.
Loads of wildlife, great places to visit locally or just as fantastic to relax by the Pool. We were having such a great time, we lost a day and had to rush off to catch the train home - running very late!
We are already planning our return visit which we hope will be next year. Highly recommended.
The nearest airport is Bergerac, 1 hours drive. The ports on the north coast are approximately 10 hours drive. A car is necessary for getting about as there is no public transport available here.
Our main towns are Sarlat, Gourdon, Domme, Cahors and Bergerac, attractive medieval towns full of charm and character with markets once or twice a week. Close by are the chateaux of Castelnaud, Milandes, Marqueyssac and Beynac, the caves of La Grotte de Lascaux (famous for its prehistoric paintings), the village of La Roque-Gageac and the hillside town of Rocamadour (second most visited site in France). Canoeing down La Dordogne, is an experience not to be missed.
In village of Prats du Perigord 1.3km, you will find a village shop and cafe. In Belves 13km, Villefranche du Perigord 12km and St Cyprien 25km, you will find banks, supermarkets etc.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable damage deposit||$247|
All linen and towels are included in the price. A deposit of 20% is required to confirm the booking. The balance of the rent is to be paid 6 weeks before the rental period along with £200 security deposit.
Changeover is on Saturday. Clients are requested not to arrive before 4.00pm on the first day of the booking and to vacate the premises before 9.00am on the last day of the booking. However, we can be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. For any other dates please e-mail.
20% at time of booking. Remaining 80% plus refundable damage deposit of £200 6 weeks prior to the start of the holiday.