|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Villa PetrAlexa is a renovated barn, with natural stone, original beam ceilings and glass doors which offer a pleasing mix in a comfortable environment spread over two floors, granting all the comforts of a modern house.
The PRIVATE POOL, ideal for children, is within the fenced garden, with sun beds for each party member and a comfortable hammock under the gazebo.
On entering the house you find yourself in the spacious lounge area with fireplace, sofa corner and Sat Tv.
The kitchen is an open area with dining table for groups of up to 7 persons.
The main bedroom has a double bed with access to the garden through a large French window and an en suite bathroom.
It also includes a sofa bed – perfect for a couple with child.
On the first floor, there is a spacious loft area of which to the right is a twin/double bedded room with access to the above terrace and garden, and an adjacent bathroom.
On the landing itself are two single beds with its own bathroom.
Internet access, english library and DVD's for children are at your disposal for rainy or lazy days!
BUT ABOVE ALL … WHAT MAKES A HOLIDAY AT LISIDOR AN UNFORGETTABLE MEMORY?
the people you will meet ...
* our Chef Maria Rosa and it's great menus, and her passion in teaching you the secrets of the Tuscan cuisine
* our lovely housekeeper Piero and his art of preparing the fire for a pizza
* our professional tennis teacher Alberto and his love for teaching
* our local guide with his weakness for this unique area of Tuscany and all the fascinating stories and anecdotes he can tell you
* our passion for cycling and walking! We have many nice itineraries to suggest you
* our personal experience of the area: we can help you in your choices and plans to make the most of your time and experience the real Tuscan way of life!
Surrounded by a wide garden between centuries old oak trees, the villa provides wonderful views over the hills, the vineyards and the famous village Vertine.
Many shaded areas, the gazebo with sun beds, the barbecue area offer different opportunities to best enjoy the outside environment.
Villa PetrAlexa is situated in the heart of Tuscany, in the Chianti hills, midway between Siena and Firenze reachable respectively in 30 and 45 minutes by car.
Immersed in this famous hills for its wine brand “Gallo Nero”, between vineyards and olive-groves the villa enjoys a position which will permit you to isolate yourself from the rest of the world and take delight of the charm of these land, but with the comfort to have the nearest centre only a short drive away:
Radda in Chianti, delicious small village, with its restaurants and shops, a pharmacy, a bank, a cinema, many bars, Internet Cafe, and many wine and food tasting opportunities.
FURTHER DETAILS INDOOR:
- 180 square meters villa
- Washing-machine, dishwasher, iron and ironing-board.
- Recreational reading library, games for adults and children, Dvd, Cd player.
FURTHER DETAILS OUTDOOR:
- Swimming pool with outside shower and sun beds for each party member. (7,5mt; width 5,5mt; depth 1,20mt) Closed in Off Season.
- Wide garden with pretty vistas over the countryside, the castle of Vertine, and surrounded by woods.
- Barbecue bbq with outside dining area.
- Gazebo with table, chairs and sun beds, hammock
- Outside sofa area with beautiful views
- Parking for 3 cars inside the fenced garden
Hello from Petra and Alexa!
We both live in Genoa and manage our parents properties: Villa LisiDor, Villa PetrAlexa, Villa EnriMar, Casa Margit have been our secret places where we spent our regenerative holidays in marvelous natural settings away from daily chaos.
We have preserved them jealously, putting all our loving care to make every villa always more comfortable, unique and unrepeatable.
Not a long time ago we decided to share them with people who, as we do, love nature, the tradition of simple things and appreciate the care for every little detail, typical of a domestic management.
We love to know when people from foreign countries come and appreciate our beautiful land and feel at home when they stay in our villa: that's our greatest satisfaction!
... We warmly welcome you!
Petra Giacone purchased this villa in 1990
Our father Enrico was an architect: after having managed for years a wine farm in this land he decided to have a place to escape from the chaotic town life: so he built Villa PetrAlexa renovating an antique barn.
Spacious and comfortable, Villa PetrAlexa will permit you to rediscover the luxury of simple things:
… wake up in the morning and appreciate the peaceful sound of silence which surrounds you,
… enjoy complete privacy in the middle of woods, hills of vineyards and olive groves,
… relish a savoury “Fiorentina” cooked on the barbecue in the garden or on the fireplace in the house,
… all this at half an hour from Siena and 40 minutes from Firenze !
“What a fabulous holiday! Wonderful location to enjoy the special atmosphere and beauty of Tuscany. Excellent for visiting Siena, which was utterly charming and Florence which was truly breathtaking. We loved Radda – what friendly people, and the food was just superb – We had a wonderful time here at the villa and we take home very happy memories of a very special place. Hope you enjoy!"
28 July 2007, The Whitehouse Family, England
“Hello, me and my wife had about 10 days vacation at Petra Alexa at 2007summer. It was the best vacation we had, wonderful place, convenient, clean, romantic....although we are not a young couple, it was one of the best time we had, and we recommend this to all our friends. You cannot have this kind of atmosphere at the regular hotels even with 8 starts... Petra Alexa is warm in our memories. We plan to make a vacation with all our family, at your place. Thank you and keep this place as it is... "
August 16, 2007, Moshe, Israel
We stayed at this Villa for a week and the villa has everything that you could require for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. The rooms were very spacious and comfortably furnished. Bonus was the dishwasher. The pool was cleaned every morning and refreshing. The only disappointment we had was the time of year we visited (end of August) it must have been the prime time for the insects to arrive as the villa was in a valley that seemed to contain a swarm and every time you moved, the little pests seemed to attack you. We did speak to Tourist information and they advised that this year they are particularly aggressive. However we did purchase sprays which helped and did not let this ruin our vacation and had some excellent day trips to nearby villages and Siena and San Gimignano. Overall the villa was a lovely place to stay, shame about the pests.
Location at the end of the country road, surrounded by vineyards. Quiet and offering privacy. Clean and well maintained building with "soul", barbeque, pool, tennis and green. At the distance of three to six kilometers shops and restaurants, although roads due to their turning are more time-consumming. Minus of this location is weak (well… even very weak) internet access, but if you do not need it every day, you can go for coffee to Radda from time to time and make your e-mails. And if you just do not need internet - the place is simply perfect for you.
The villa is placed only 1.5 km from the main road (SP114a), in the heart of the Chianti Classico triangle of Radda/Castellina/Gaiole in Chianti, in a very silent position, far away from the main road, in the middle of vineyards and woods.
You can take advantage of the nearby village of Radda in Chianti (6kms from home) with its election of restaurants and beautiful little shops; here you can also find all necessary services for your stay like supermarkets, banks, a pharmacy and medical support.
Lecchi in Chianti with a bar, a restaurant and a little supermarket is only 3kms from home.
Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni are reachable in an easy day-trip.
Nearby there are also plenty of wine-and oil tasting opportunities, castles-and villages tours.
A very strategic position for MOUNTAIN BIKE TOURS!
The most beautiful tours in this surroundings pass just next to our house.
You can choose a different tour each day, between easy and demanding. We have detailed maps of all our favorite tours and can help you in the organisation.
From the villa you can start beautiful RELAXING WALKS in the silence of the area, go jogging on the unpaved road along the woods, and cycle passing vineyards and olive trees.
Or take the car and quickly reach many wine-and oil tasting farms, special restaurants, an ‘Enoteca’ for happy hours with 'bruschetta' and visit the beauties of this country.
Moreover there are horse riding opportunities and itineraries, the Golf Ugolino, 18 holes in Grassina near Florence (63km).
Termal baths - Spa: Terme di Rapolano: 42km, 45min. Terme di Radicondoli: 54km, 1h. Terme di Murlo: 60km, 1h. Terme di Rapolano, San Giovanni: 62km, 1h.
Think about choosing a week in relation to the many YEARLY EVENTS events of this region, for example:
- 'Cantine aperte', last weekend of May: over 800 wine cellars open to be visited for free wine tasting.
- 'Palio' of Siena, 2 July and 16 August: the bareback horse races.
- 'Calici di stelle': 10 August: possibility to delight in 'the raining of San Lorenzo's tears' quality wine and typical quality products in the historical centre and piazzas, among courtyards of unexpected beauty and castles.
- 'Welcome harvest', September: discover the production cycle of wine through walks through the vineyards, visits to the companies, and tastings.
- 'St. Martins day', 2nd week of November: the Wineries will be open to the public for the tasting of the 'Novello Wine' (the new wine of last season)
- Chianti bycicling and mountain biking:
June: 'Chianti Classic' non competitive cycling road race
October: 'L'Eroica', Vintage Race, participants from all over the world
- 'Stelle mercanti', Stars and Merchants. A market held at night with local artisans, hand crafts and music. From 6 PM to 11 PM. Every third Thursday of the months of June, July and August at Greve in Chianti.
... and many other local events...
Once you decide your period of holiday, if you wish we will help you to find out all what’s going on so to fully experience your Tuscan stay!
We can only accept weekly bookings with change-over day on SATURDAYS: so 7 nights, and for longer stays, it must be multiple of 7 (7-14-21… nights).
Otherwise we need to cancel the booking.
A departure before Saturday is possible, but without reduction of the weekly price.
- breakages deposit of 250,00€ CASH to be paid to housekeeper (returned back at departure after check of the villa).
- tourist tax: 1.50€/day/person for the first week. Children under 12 do not pay
Check-in: starting from 4p.m.
Welcome pack: it includes a shopping for a first breakfast for an amount of more or less 30 Euro to be paid cash to our housekeeper at your arrival.
EXTRAS upon request:
Heating: 15Euro/night to be paid on departure
Firewood: 15Euro/cubic meter to be paid on departure
Extra house cleaning: 15Euro/h
Extra sheet and towel change: 15Euro/person
Available upon request:
Dinner cooked at home