|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Rock and the surrounding area, on the banks of the Camel Estuary, has proved to be a popular and exciting holiday destination for many years.
Located in the heart of Rock, this immaculate detached property sits surrounded by its own large private garden, within walking distance of local shops and amenities. Ideally situated for water-skiing and sailing on the Camel Estuary, golf at the world renowned St Enodoc Golf Club, surfing at Polzeath or simply enjoying the beautiful beaches at Daymer Bay, Rock and Porthilly. Ideal for a group, family sharing or a romantic seaside getaway, this property prioritises comfort and practicality.
Whilst the sea may be a little cold for some in the winter months, the local area provides ample activities all year round, or simply relax at home in front of the fire after walks along the miles of spectacular North Cornwall coastline. Many local pubs and restaurants are within walking distance, including Nathan Outlaw's Michelin starred restaurant at the nearby St Enodoc Hotel, or take a short ferry trip across the Camel Estuary to sample the Rick Stein experience in the beautiful fishing village of Padstow! Returning to the homely warmth of a cosy Aga at all times.
Offering Short Stay:
3 nights minimum = £600
Having been a homeowner in Rock for over 15 years and having holidayed in the area for many years before this, I am able to offer invaluable advice and local knowledge to all guests. Please feel free to ask any questions or seek suggestions for activities or destinations to visit during your stay.
The house is a good size in a great location. The large garden was extensively used. We would most definitely return to Crossways next time. Thank you Sally-Anne!
A lovely house with great facilities decorated to a beautiful standard. Unfortunately linen was not included which I thought it could have been for the price, but having said that a great place to stay.
We had a fabulous stay in this very well appointed bungalow and would definitely recommend it. We felt we were able to completely relax and enjoy ourselves in gorgeous surroundings.The benefits, in no particular order, included:
- Everything we looked for in the kitchen we found - from a garlic press to a very large collection of crockery, cutlery, glasses, pans etc
- The bungalow was spotlessly clean on our arrival.
- Previous occupants had left many useful ingredients and purchases behind eg herbs, coffee and even napkins etc. We used some and added to the collection!
- Lovely, large garden which is not overlooked and has a fabulous array of garden furniture
- Proximity of every sort of shop we needed for food supplies - butcher, fishmonger, bakery, deli, Spar
- Large kitchen table where we could all (7 adults) sit comfortably
- Similarly, a lounge where we could all comfortably sit together and play games etc
- Great kitchen appliances including dishwasher, washer and dryer etc
- Lovely artwork and ornaments all over the bungalow making it feel homely
- Proximity to a number of beaches - both relaxing and surfing
- Two bathrooms
- Excellent communication with the owner
- Useful outside tap for washing sand off
One or two MINOR criticisms which would not stop us visiting again:
- We felt that the bunk beds in one of the bedrooms made it too cramped. The bungalow would sleep eight more comfortably without them
- Bedding not provided. We hired bedding (which was of a lovely quality) and the beds were made up for us for a small charge, however, I would have preferred to pay a little more in the first place and for that to be included
- The bathroom that doesn't have a shower cubicle would benefit from a curtain or screen on the bath to make the shower attachment more "usable". It takes a while to get seven people showered in the morning!!
The house is lovely, close to the shops and about 20 minutes walk to the beaches. We got everything we needs, very comfortable stay.
It would be good to mention that the house is next to Texaco because we have a little trouble finding the house.
Sally Anne is very helpful in providing us the local information.
Incredible few days staying at Crossways with 2 other couples. The house is perfectly located for everything you could ever want to do in Rock and the surrounding area. Beautifully cosy by the wood-burner and the Aga we had such an amazing stay. Stunning walks along the coast to nearby Polzeath, delicious food at Rick Stein's in Padstow and a blowy walk across St Enodoc Golf Course - that a perfect holiday. Thank you!
The house worked perfectly for our week in Rock; well placed for access to everything in the surrounding area, plenty of parking and the house is lovely! It was just what we needed, thank you.
The owner was very helpful in all the communication during the booking process and the caretaker was very helpful and friendly. We would highly recommend staying here and hope we will be able to return.
Close to the water-skiing and sailing on the Camel Estuary. 10 minute walk to nearest beach. 5 minute drive from Polzeath surf beach.
Newquay Airport (25 minute drive - car hire available at airport).
Bodmin Parkway Station (30 minute drive).
Polzeath - 10 minute drive
(Surfing, Beach, Shopping, Eating & Drinking)
Daymer Bay - 5 minute drive, 25 minute walk
Padstow - Short ferry ride from waterfront at Rock
(Eating & Drinking, Shopping, Sightseeing)
Situated in the heart of Rock within walking distance of Butcher, Baker, Delicatessen and Spar.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Apr 22 2017 - May 26 2017
3 night minimum stay
May 27 2017 - Jun 3 2017
7 night minimum stay
Jul 8 2017 - Sep 2 2017
7 night minimum stay
Notes on prices: Prices vary depending on season of stay
Short breaks: minimum stay 3 nights = £600