About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 4 nights
Three charming and fully-equipped apartments right above the beach
Welcome to CasaTrigoso!
Our quirky old property is located just above Dona Ana Beach - one of the most beautiful beaches in the Algarve - and only a 5-minute drive or 20-minute walk from downtown Lagos. We offer three spectacularly well-located apartments for rental: a one-bedroom terrace apartment and a two-bedroom veranda apartment with stunning views of the sea, and a two-bedroom apartment with a large, enclosed patio also facing the sea.
Please ask us for our web address, where you can read more about CasaTrigoso, see all our photos, check past guest reviews, and request a booking!
*CasaTrigoso is registered under Alojamento Local 10938/AL.
To note before booking:
* Please be aware that our property is a quirky old beach house and sometimes has quirky old beach house problems (sometimes the gas bottles need to be changed, the fuse may trip, and random things may break). We are a tiny mother-daughter business and we do our very best to quickly solve any issues that may arise, but prospective guests should be fully aware that our apartments are not newly built, do not have fancy stainless steel kitchens or the latest décor. If you would like a new apartment, there are plenty of wonderful options in and around Lagos that you will likely enjoy more than staying with us. If, however, you enjoy cozy old houses with stunning ocean views and plenty of character (and possibly a resident spider or two) then do consider booking with us — we will welcome you with open arms.
1. Additional guests: we charge EUR 20 per person per night for parties of more than four people in the veranda and patio apartments and two people in the terrace apartment.
2. Cleaning fee: for stays under four nights we charge a flat-rate cleaning fee of EUR 100. Stays over four nights are not charged this fee. Because of the way some booking systems work, this fee may be charged by default on your booking and only after are we able to manually remove the fee. We will almost always remember to do this but if not please do let us know so that we can correct it and you are paying the right amount. Thank you!
1. Bedding and towels: These will be provided for the number of people in your party. If you stay with us for over a week, someone will stop by on day 7 or 8 with some new linens for you and will ask for your old ones to wash. We will almost always remember to do this, but if not, please just get in touch and we'll fix it.
2. Toilet paper, coal for the grill, etc.: We will provide enough for the first few days, but guests are responsible for purchasing their own.
3. European Union identification law. We require that all non-Portuguese guests (including minors traveling with family) provide us with the following information:
• Full Name
• Date of Birth
• Place of Birth
• Document Type (passport, ID)
• ID/Passport Number
• Country of Issue
• Country of Residence
We can provide additional information on this requirement upon request, but in the meantime here is a short explanation found online: “Since 2015 Portugal has more strictly enforced a long-standing law requiring anyone providing paid holiday accommodation to record the entry, exit, and identification details of all non-Portuguese nationals who use that accommodation. This law has been brought into force in Portugal and most other EU countries at some point since the gradual implementation of the 1990 Schengen Agreement that aims to stop human trafficking and other illegal practices. In this case, it is specifically Article 45 of the Schengen Agreement and the recent Alojamento Local law in Portugal that has brought this rule into sharper focus.”
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- english, spanish, portuguese, mandarin
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 21, 2018
About Maria Trigoso
We’re a very small mother-daughter business operation that started out rather haphazardly in Lagos in May 2010 over some glasses of wine. The mother is in charge of things ‘on the ground’ - making sure everything runs smoothly when guests arrive, arranging the cleaning, counting bed linens, etc. - the daughter is more on the ‘backoffice’ side of things - making sure emails are replied to, the availability calendar is up-to-date, etc. The property has been in our family for well over 60 years and both the apartments we rent are where we vacationed (and occasionally still do!) as a family back when kids were smaller. It’s an old house and and we’re constantly trying to renovate what we can. This is only the beginning, and we hope to make more apartments available as we have them ready!
Sports & Adventure Activities
As mentioned in the description, the apartment is quirky but it we like quirky so it worked out great for us! We were two couples and loved that there were two bathrooms. Constructive feedback would be that the showers could have used a way to set up the handheld shower sprayer instead of having to hold it while you shower. That was a pain and seems like an easy fix.
We made brunch two of the mornings of our stay. The kitchen was well equipped for cooking but be prepared to bring any spices or oils that you need to cook with as there was only salt available.
The location was fantastic! Right on one of the best beaches in Lagos and an easy walk to the town.
We had a rental car and there was a spot to park on the property which was very helpful.
It was quiet and peaceful and we definitely enjoyed our time. Maria and Rosa were also available for questions and answered immediately when we had a question about using the stove.
Cozy and Quirky old beach home Incredible view
We enjoyed a 4 nights stay in the Verandah apartment. The view is incredible! It is the most beautiful beach in the algarve and you are right on it. It is out of the main city but there are still good restaurants around. The house is adorable and comfortable and has all the amenities you need. They even provided us with a bed for the baby and a high chair.
Thank you Amanda for taking the time to write this very kind review! Please do come back another time :) All the best to you from Maria and Rosa.
We enjoyed a 4 day stay in the Verandah apartment. The location is stunning if you are after a beach holiday. It is out of the hustle of the town but close enough to walk and enjoy all that it has to offer. Enough amenities in the immediate location to exist in and around Donna Ana. The house is more than comfortable and well fitted out. We look forward to returning.
Thanks, David! We'll be happy to have you stay with us again!
Urlaub August 2017
Ein wirklich sehr schönes, ruhiges Ferien-Apartment. Man ist sehr schnell - auch zu Fuß - in der Stadt Lagos (10-15 min zu Fuß). Und es ist auch super nah am Strand, man muss nur eine Straße überqueren und die Treppe runter. Der Ausblick aufs Meer ist einfach nur atemberaubend und auch Abends noch sehr schön wenn man die Lichter von Portimao sehen kann.
Das Apartment ist schön groß und sehr gemütlich eingerichtet. Es ist alles da was man braucht, besonders Waschmaschine und Spülmaschine waren sehr praktisch. Auch die Parkmöglichkeit auf dem Gelände war sehr praktisch, da es an der Straße ab Mittags sehr voll sein konnte und man kaum freie Parkmöglichkeiten hatte.
Wir haben unseren Aufenthalt sehr genossen und können die Apartments nur weiterempfehlen.
Thanks so much for your kind review, Ralf! We'll be glad to have you return in the future. All the best, Maria and Rosa.
The area surrounding the property is generally quiet and there are two neighbourhood stores functioning year-round, as well as a small coffee shop open during the summer months. The entire property faces the sea and to one side has a tourist condo and on the other side the cliffs that go all the way to Ponta da Piedade (please check the map provided for info on the surrounding area) - however, the upstairs apartment and terrace is completely secluded from the nearby tourist condo.
Additional information about rental rates
- All stays under 4 nights are subject to a one-time €100 cleaning fee. - Guests have the option of choosing a €44 non-refundable breakage deposit waiver or a fully refundable deposit of €300. - The online booking system we use charges 2.5% of the rental rate as a transaction fee.