About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 4 nights
Three charming and fully-equipped apartments right above the beach
Welcome to CasaTrigoso!
Our quirky old property is located just above Dona Ana Beach - one of the most beautiful beaches in the Algarve - and only a 5-minute drive or 20-minute walk from downtown Lagos. We offer three spectacularly well-located apartments for rental: a one-bedroom terrace apartment and a two-bedroom veranda apartment with stunning views of the sea, and a two-bedroom apartment with a large, enclosed patio also facing the sea.
Please ask us for our web address, where you can read more about CasaTrigoso, see all our photos, check past guest reviews, and request a booking!
*CasaTrigoso is registered under Alojamento Local 10938/AL.
To note before booking:
* Please be aware that our property is a quirky old beach house and sometimes has quirky old beach house problems (sometimes the gas bottles need to be changed, the fuse may trip, and random things may break). We are a tiny mother-daughter business and we do our very best to quickly solve any issues that may arise, but prospective guests should be fully aware that our apartments are not newly built, do not have fancy stainless steel kitchens or the latest décor. If you would like a new apartment, there are plenty of wonderful options in and around Lagos that you will likely enjoy more than staying with us. If, however, you enjoy cozy old houses with stunning ocean views and plenty of character (and possibly a resident spider or two) then do consider booking with us — we will welcome you with open arms.
1. Additional guests: we charge EUR 20 per person per night for parties of more than four people in the veranda and patio apartments and two people in the terrace apartment.
2. Cleaning fee: for stays under four nights we charge a flat-rate cleaning fee of EUR 100. Stays over four nights are not charged this fee. Because of the way some booking systems work, this fee may be charged by default on your booking and only after are we able to manually remove the fee. We will almost always remember to do this but if not please do let us know so that we can correct it and you are paying the right amount. Thank you!
1. Bedding and towels: These will be provided for the number of people in your party. If you stay with us for over a week, someone will stop by on day 7 or 8 with some new linens for you and will ask for your old ones to wash. We will almost always remember to do this, but if not, please just get in touch and we'll fix it.
2. Toilet paper, coal for the grill, etc.: We will provide enough for the first few days, but guests are responsible for purchasing their own.
3. European Union identification law. We require that all non-Portuguese guests (including minors traveling with family) provide us with the following information:
• Full Name
• Date of Birth
• Place of Birth
• Document Type (passport, ID)
• ID/Passport Number
• Country of Issue
• Country of Residence
We can provide additional information on this requirement upon request, but in the meantime here is a short explanation found online: “Since 2015 Portugal has more strictly enforced a long-standing law requiring anyone providing paid holiday accommodation to record the entry, exit, and identification details of all non-Portuguese nationals who use that accommodation. This law has been brought into force in Portugal and most other EU countries at some point since the gradual implementation of the 1990 Schengen Agreement that aims to stop human trafficking and other illegal practices. In this case, it is specifically Article 45 of the Schengen Agreement and the recent Alojamento Local law in Portugal that has brought this rule into sharper focus.”
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, spanish, portuguese, mandarin
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
About Maria Trigoso
We’re a very small mother-daughter business operation that started out rather haphazardly in Lagos in May 2010 over some glasses of wine. The mother is in charge of things ‘on the ground’ - making sure everything runs smoothly when guests arrive, arranging the cleaning, counting bed linens, etc. - the daughter is more on the ‘backoffice’ side of things - making sure emails are replied to, the availability calendar is up-to-date, etc. The property has been in our family for well over 60 years and both the apartments we rent are where we vacationed (and occasionally still do!) as a family back when kids were smaller. It’s an old house and and we’re constantly trying to renovate what we can. This is only the beginning, and we hope to make more apartments available as we have them ready!
Sports & Adventure Activities
Lagos Casa Trigoso
It was great, me and my family loved it
Well equipped, clean and straightforward with a wonderful location.
The apartment is perfectly situated for the lovely beach. It is clean and has everything you need, including an outdoor shower. The furniture is charming, but could have been more comfortable. We have been there before and hope to return.
The area surrounding the property is generally quiet and there are two neighbourhood stores functioning year-round, as well as a small coffee shop open during the summer months. The entire property faces the sea and to one side has a tourist condo and on the other side the cliffs that go all the way to Ponta da Piedade (please check the map provided for info on the surrounding area) - however, the upstairs apartment and terrace is completely secluded from the nearby tourist condo.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- All stays under 4 nights are subject to a one-time €100 cleaning fee. - Guests have the option of choosing a €36 non-refundable breakage deposit waiver or a fully refundable deposit of €300. - The online booking system we use charges 2.5% of the rental rate as a transaction fee.