Cute studio suite at Kauai Beach Resort with panoramic ocean and pool views from the 5th floor of the main building. Room #2508. Comfy king bed, twin size air mattress, and lounger are perfect for 2 adults and 2 children. A pack and play crib is also provided at no charge for infants. Granite counters and travertine bath and entry floors. LG flat screen 32" TV and Sony Blue Ray DVD player. Sliding shutter-style doors. 25 acre resort on miles long beach. Tropical grounds with koi ponds.4 pools including one with a water slide. Kid friendly pool has sand surrounding it and gradual slope entry. Multiple jacuzzis plus a grotto and waterfalls. On site salon, fitness center, laundry room, business center, and 3 restaurants.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
• Is this a 1 bedroom condominium?
Once a Hilton hotel, the Kauai Beach Resort is a condotel run by Aqua. You get resort luxury and individually owned rooms. My #2508 suite is studio size: 307 square feet plus a 58 square foot lanai. Most units are about this size and have similar furnishings. There is no cooking allowed i in the room per county regulations, but there is a coffee maker and mini fridge with freezer plus microwave just down the hall in the lounge.
• What's the difference between my suite, renting from Aqua, or some other travel agency or website? The difference is price, amenities, housekeeping, and choice of room. My suite is quite a bit less expensive overall and has one of the best views since it is on the highest floor with direct(instead of angled) ocean views. Aqua room rates start at $219/night plus tax. Mine starts at $124/night including tax. Amenity differences(subject to change): -no maid service during your stay unless you request it for an additional fee. Aqua has daily maid service. -I do not charge a daily resort fee. Aqua is $25/night -the Aqua resort fee gives their guests the following extras: newspaper, DVDs, Playstation, parking, free airport and shopping shuttle, and cultural activities. My guests can still use the pools, spa, restaurants, bar, room service, shops, business center, fitness center, car rental, and laundry room but may not participate in some of the hula show, lei making, and other on-site activities and would have to pay to rent DVDs or take an airport shuttle. -I do not increase my room charge for more than 2 guests...Aqua does -I do not charge for an extra bed. Aqua charges for a rollaway -parking is $25/day plus tax for my guests. Aqua does not charge their guests separately(it's built into the amenity fee and room rate) -during your stay, if you need assistance you contact myself or my on island contact person. An Aqua guest would go to the front desk.
I know this seems like a lot of stuff but I am hoping to clarify what your experience will be like at the resort. These policies will be the same for all owners like myself who advertise here or on similar vacation rental websites. For most guests, your enjoyment will be equivalent and these differences not noticeable or relevant. Plus you are saving a bunch of money and getting one of the best rooms in the resort!
• Is this an ocean view suite?
YES. And it is not just visible out on the lanai sticking your head around the corner. It is a straight on view from the highest floor in the resort. Other suites may be less expensive, but you are getting a mountain or lagoon view.
• Is there a kitchen?
No, just a 3.5 cu. ft. fridge with freezer and coffee maker. No kitchenware provided(no plates, utensils, pots etc.). There is a microwave down the hall in the lounge
• What is there to do?
For short stays, you may want to keep it simple and stay at the resort enjoying the restaurants and bar, walks along the beach, tennis, spa, or one of the pools. You can arrange with the front desk to rent a car for day trips only when you need it. With a long term car rental to explore all over the island, best rates are probably found at the airport and there is an additional parking charge of $25/day plus tax. Car rental rates vary depending on where you rent, so shop around and book ahead at busy times of the year. The resort is just minutes from the airport and town. Being mid-island makes it perfect for touring the sights of Kauai to the north and south.
• What is the bedding arrangement?
The suite is ideal for 2 adults and up to 2 children using the king size bed and lounger(included). I provide a comfortable twin sized air mattress easily inflated in 90 seconds with an electric pump and a pack and play crib with bassinet at no additional charge.
• Do we need our own beach towels?
The resort will provide towels to use at the pools or beaches at no charge. Failure to return the towel card can result in a $30 charge.
• Is there a resort fee?
Since you are the guest of myself, the owner of #2508, there is no resort fee...a daily savings of $25. There is a $100 cleaning fee collected at time of booking which provides cleaning of the room after your departure. Other VRBO owners add additional fees, but I try to keep mine lower and not lure you in with a teaser nightly rate that gets expensive after all the fees are added. I trust you will take care of my place, so I don't ask for a deposit either. Unfortunately, I cannot control the VRBO service fee. So the only fee you might incur at the resort is $25/day plus tax for parking
• What about WiFi?
WiFi is now free everywhere around the resort!
• Does the suite have air conditioning?
Yes. And nice ocean breezes.
• Where is suite #2508 located?
It is on the top floor(5th) of building 2. This is near to where you check in and also houses dining and shops. Elevators will get you to your floor. Most other buildings are only 3 floors and you have to use stairs. You will enjoy beautiful sunrises each day as you may find yourself up early due to the time change or the local roosters!
-Hawaii tax of 14.42% is added to the nightly rate.
-Parking is $25/day plus tax.
-Mid stay cleaning or towel and trash service can be requested a day ahead from my housekeeping service
-I try to keep extra supplies in the room in the bins under the bed for things like toilet paper, tissues, soap, etc. And I try to supply enough towels, sheets, blankets, and pillows for your comfort during your stay but if you need extras, just let me know a day ahead of time
-There are pool and beach towels available at no charge
-Any stays longer than 7 nights will receive a free mid-stay room clean
-Check-In Time - 3:00pm, Check-Out Time - 11:00am
-I am available to answer any questions or concerns. I am located in southern California. You will be given contact information of an on island person to help you with matters beyond my control
-Tax ID: TA-108-429-7216-01 and GE-108-429-7216-01