About the property
- Estate8000 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 5 nights
8 BR, 8500 Sq Ft Luxury Estate, on a 32-acre Mountaintop, 100+ Mile Views
Take a virtual tour of this house! Copy/paste this link into your browser: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EqbYX37vHv3
See our slideshow video here:
“Above the Clouds” is the name of this truly unique Luxury Estate, sitting on 32 private acres on top of Bear Mountain at just over 8,000’ elevation. This home is built directly into the side of the mountain with 20’ boulders on each side of the entrance to the front door, with huge boulders carried on into the great room, with 3 waterfalls cascading from the dining room, down into the Great Room.
Please note: We are firm on our pricing and minimum number of nights and are unable to accommodate requests for discounted nightly rates or shorter stays. The minimum night requirement ranges from three nights to six nights, depending on the season, and our seasonal pricing does vary. Our minimum booking age is 30. When inquiring, please include the following details that will help us determine if this home is a good fit for your group and give us info needed for the contract:
-Your age and if you are an all-adult group, the average age of your group members.
-The maximum number of adults and kids that you will have (even if you don't yet have final numbers).
-Any day guests that you plan to have at the house.
-A little bit about the purpose of your visit to CO. What brings you out, what are some of the activities planned?
Details on the House:
• 8 large bedrooms, with at least a king or queen bed. 4 of the bedrooms are Master Suites with private bathrooms.
• 8,500 square feet, all in one home.
• Sleeps up to 22 guests in beds.
• 8 total bathrooms.
• Great Room with 28’ ceilings, a wall of windows for incredible views, and a center fireplace.
• Huge Chef’s Kitchen with professional stainless steel equipment, granite counters, and open concept to the Great Room and Dining Room. Perfect for entertaining.
• Home Theater with 3 tiers, 11 leather full layout chairs, 10’ screen and surround sound.
• Indoor hot tub, steam shower, and dry sauna.
• Game Area with 20’ bar, pool table, shuffleboard, ping pong, and foosball.
• 1,200 sq ft main deck off of Great Room with fire pit and seating for outdoor dinners.
• Dining Room with private wine cooler and 13’ farm table with seating for 14. Large picture window with breathtaking views.
• Workout Room with treadmill, recumbent bike, various weight machines, and free weights.
• 4 fireplaces.
• 32 private acres on top of Bear Mountain.
• 4-car heated garage.
• Private safe for use of guests.
• Original art and oil paintings throughout the Estate.
• Sonos music sound system wired throughout house with 3 wall mounted Ipods and bluetooth connectivity.
• 1,000 square feet Master Suite with private deck, huge jetted tub, fireplace, large walk-in shower, 50” TV, multiple closets, huge windows overlooking mountains.
• 13 Televisions. Minimum 32” in each bedroom. Huge number of premium channels.
• 2nd living room in the guest wing.
• Radiant floor heat and back up forced air heating.
• Air conditioning for the entire house. Really Important -- It gets hot in the mountains! Most homes do not offer this.
• Back up electrical generator to insure you are never out of power.
• Snow service automatically comes to clear the driveway when it snows, with a large self-propelled snow blower in garage for emergencies.
This home is located in the mountains and although we are vigilant with having the driveway plowed in the wintertime, we highly recommend 4-wheel drive vehicles. The roads are easy to navigate in the summertime, no special vehicle needed.
There are a lot of stairs in this home, and it sits at 8,000'. We do provide oxygen but some of our past guests have asked that we share this with future guests, just so they are prepared. Hydration is very important at this altitude!
• Master Suite – King with twin daybed and twin trundle. Private bath.
• Bedroom #2 – Queen. Private bath.
• Bedroom #3 – King. Private bath.
• Bedroom #4 – Queen with twin daybed and twin trundle. Shared bath.
• Bedroom #5 – King. Shared bath.
• Bedroom #6 – Queen with twin daybed and twin trundle. Private bath.
• Bedroom #7 – Queen. Shared bath.
• Bedroom #8 – Queen (in open loft area up spiral stairs). Shared bath.
We also have a half-bath on the Main Level and a full bath on the Lower Level.
This 8,500 sf home sleeps up to 22 guests (two per queen/king bed) and is ideal for large families, corporate retreats, and small group gatherings. If you are looking for the ultimate Colorado lodging experience, you’ve just found it. Come be our guest!
WE DO NOT ALLOW WEDDINGS, REHEARSAL DINNERS, BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE PARTIES OR OTHER FORMAL GATHERINGS AT THE PROPERTY. House parties (having day guests), unless pre-approved in writing with correct details, are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction and additional fees. Day guests will be charged for at $25 for each day guest per day, if not pre-approved in writing. Day guests are any guests beyond those paying to spend the night.
We welcome corporate groups and retreats and offer HDMI capabilities in the media room, and a white board for work sessions. Gather around our huge dining table as you strategize and plan! Our corporate clients include national organizations including Lululemon Athletica, Graebel Relocation Services, Hilti Inc., Dave & Buster's, Herbalife and The Wendy's Company.
Summer bookings (June, July and August) require a 6-night stay with a check-in on Monday or Tuesday. Please plan to check in on a Sunday for 7-night stays. In late spring, we reduce the summer nightly minimum to 4 nights for the remaining open summer dates (reflected on our pricing schedule at that time).
If you are a traveling sports team, please note that we require a 1:1 ratio of adults to kids (siblings and players). More adults are okay. If you have a special situation, please feel free to inquire.
Smoking outside only and absolutely no pets. Violation of these policies will result in a full forfeiture of deposit.
• This house was chosen for it’s central location to everything!
• We are 45 minutes from Downtown Denver.
• We are 25 minutes from Red Rocks Amphitheatre
• We are an hour and 10 minutes from the Denver Airport (DEN).
• We are 40 minutes to Echo Mountain Ski Resort and one hour from Loveland Ski Area.
• We are just over an hour to the major ski slopes – Copper, Breckenridge, Keystone, Winter Park.
• We are about 40 minutes to the major casinos in Black Hawk.
• Mount Evans is about a 30 minute drive.
• We are located 20 minutes from Hwy 285 and N. Turkey Creek Rd, and 30 minutes from Hwy 285 and C-470.
• Evergreen is a town rich in cultural opportunities, diverse outdoor activities, casual and fine dining options, and unique shopping experiences.
Thanks for looking! Feel free to e-mail or call with any additional questions and for further details!
• Reservations cancelled 90 days or more prior to your arrival date receive a full refund less a $200 service fee and the VRBO service fee.
• Cancellations less than 90 days in advance will not receive a refund.
• No credit will be given for shortened stays due to late arrival or early departure for any reason.
• No cancellations due to weather.
When you purchase your stay through VRBO/Homeaway, they do offer cancellation insurance that you can purchase. We suggest reading the fine print if you decide to buy this insurance since we have no control over their regulations.
Confirmation of dates:
Please note that we sometimes receive multiple inquiries for the same dates and reservations are ONLY confirmed once payment has been made. Unfortunately we cannot hold dates.
Availability of property:
If something happens to the point that the house is not habitable, owner is only responsible to refund any received payment for unused nights. We take great pride in our properties, but guests must realize that things break, and owner has a team available to address any problems that may occur. No refunds will be available if owner makes reasonable efforts to correct these problems during the guests stay, and the house is still habitable.
Thanks for looking and for making it all the way to the bottom of our listing description!
Cristine Arnold, Legacy Real Estate Management
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
About Cristine Arnold, Legacy Real Estate Management
About the Property Manager: I’m a Colorado native who was fortunate to spend my elementary school years living in Evergreen. I have love and passion for houses…over the years I have fix and flipped several homes, moved a handful of houses, completed construction on builder-abandoned homes, and managed dozens of rental properties. (One of my remodels even made a debut on HGTV!) I have found my true love in managing luxury vacation rental properties along the Colorado front range, and taking care of my incredible guests! –Cristine Arnold About the Owners: We own several VRBO properties in Texas and enjoy seeing families and friends gather at our homes. We have always loved visiting Colorado so in 2014, after months of looking, we found and purchased this beautiful mountain property to use as a second home and to share with others when we're back in Texas. My wife is an amazing interior designer and has worked hard to create a warm, inviting environment where you can kick off your shoes and relax as you breathe in the clean rocky mountain air. Welcome. And if you decide to book with us, we're glad to have you. Enjoy your stay! –Phil and Peggy Collins
Cristine Arnold, Legacy Real Estate Management purchased this Estate in 2014
Why Cristine Arnold, Legacy Real Estate Management chose Evergreen
Even those who call themselves Colorado natives walk into this home and find themselves speechless; the view is like nothing you have experienced before. The summer landscape boasts beautiful shades of green, fall showcases the golden leaves of the changing season, and the winter dusts thousands of pines with a soft, white snow which fully covers the distant range and calls you to the slopes!
What makes this Estate unique
Not only is this property breathtakingly beautiful, it also sleeps up to 22 guests (double occupancy), or 14 (single occupancy) in beds. Companies wanting to give their employees the ultimate retreat experience, families wanting to take in all that Colorado has to offer, and friends who wish to gather and spend time together on top of a mountain...these are the groups to which we open our doors. Welcome!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Above the Clouds = Amazing Service & Experiences
We are a group of lifelong friends (eight couples) that traveled from all over the country for our annual get together and Above the Clouds did not disappoint!!!!
I want to first start by thanking Cristine for the amazing job she did from day one! She was quick to respond to each of my emails and was able to answer all of my questions with ease. Working with her was nice because not only is she professional, but I could tell she truly enjoys her job! Thank you Cristine for being you!!
This was our fourth annual get together and while the other properties we’ve stayed in were nice there has always been something that was out of order or that didn’t look like the pictures. Let me tell you that the pictures don’t do the Above the Clouds property justice! There are breathtaking views from almost every nook and cranny throughout the home! I have a construction background and it is clear that a lot of time and effort went into upgrading this home.
The attention to detail is impressive. I can’t think of any other home that has a waterfall in it!! The Sonos sound system is amazing and something I’m going to look into getting one installed in my own home. Everyone enjoyed hanging out in the bar area playing shuffle board and pool, but when a few couples went to bed earlier than others all we had to do was push a button to turn off the music to that portion of the home. How cool is that?!
All appliances worked great and the heated floors, fire place, and fire pit were a nice touch when we got snowed in for a day.
I stayed in the master suite and let’s just say I could get used to walking into that amazing bathroom everyday. The other rooms were comfortable and well put together and the house has more than enough space so there was never a time when we felt crowded.
I could go on and on about all of the wonderful things with this home but if you’ve made it this far reading my review just stop now and hit that reserve button because I guarantee you won’t regret it!
Thank you! My family (15 of us ranging from 8 to 72) enjoyed everything about this home. The accommodations, the views, and the central location made it the ideal home to either relax inside for the day or head out to the surrounding areas! Would definitely return!
Marnie, we love having family groups like yours...we love the idea of everyone gathering for a few days of totally focused time together in this beautiful setting. Thank you for booking with us and for sharing your experience! -Cristine
I can't even describe how awesome this place is! The house is spacious with gorgeous views! It never felt cramped with our group of 19. The house was super clean when we arrived. The entertainment room is amazing! Movie theatre, hot tub, pool table, foosball. Many hours were spent there!
We didn't have any issues, mostly because Cristine had taken care of everything. She was fantastic throughout the entire process! The only complaint my group had was we should've stayed longer. We will definitely be coming back!
Haik, I love that your complaint that was you wish you had stayed longer!!! It was a true pleasure having your group at the house. I hope you made memories that will last a lifetime. :)
Stunning Mountaintop Getaway in Gorgeous Huge Home!
Our group of nine adults from Texas had tons of room to spread out in this spacious home with breathtaking mountain views and luxury amenities like a large indoor hot tub, movie theatre, game room, and well-appointed kitchen. We enjoyed the most relaxing weekend here at Above the Clouds and loved working with Christine, the manager, who kept in contact from the time of booking through checkout and even helped us with local dining and activity recommendations. We enjoyed exploring Denver as well but were tempted to never leave the house after we arrived. Truly a break from everyday life at this amazing Colorado getaway!!
Hi sweet Angeliz! To hear from your guests that they had a relaxing time and were tempted to never leave the house...that makes me smile! Thank you and big hugs to you! Cristine
Perfect house for a large group!
The house is more beautiful than pictured. The views are amazing and there’s so much space no matter how many people are in the house you never feel too crowded. There were some days where we’d rather stay in the house taking advantage of all the amenities versus going out into the city. Christine was extremely easy to work with she went above and beyond to help us have a memorable experience. This is the only places I’d want to stay in Denver.
Gorgeous views. Incredible architecture. Very relaxing atmosphere.
Had a wonderful time with our leadership team. Everyone enjoyed it and life-long memories made and relationships built. What an incredibly impactful weekend. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to stay at Above The Clouds!
Sean, I love hearing this was an impactful trip for your team (and that you made memories together). That's what this house is all about. So enjoyed having you! -Cristine
We are located 20 minutes from Hwy 285 and N. Turkey Creek Rd, and 30 minutes from Hwy 285 and C-470. Evergreen is a town rich in cultural opportunities, diverse outdoor activities, casual and fine dining options, and unique shopping experiences.