This magnificent 6 Bedroom – 5 and ½ Bathroom Villa dates back to the 18th century and is located by the wonderful village of Impruneta, famous for the production of terracotta. Being just about 8 miles away from the beginning of the historic district of Florence and only about 7.5 miles away from Greve in Chianti, the villa is ideally located to visit Florence and its Chianti surroundings at the very best..
*** The property video (made in July 2017) can be viewed directly on this page or at this link: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zbu5j0zZSi8?rel=0 ***
Pure, elegant beauty characterizes this exclusive 9,000 square feet villa that has been extensively and carefully renovated by the owners to the highest standards. All of the original charm and architectural features have been strictly maintained and are highlighted by the fabulous typical Tuscan landscape, second to none for its breathtaking beauty.
In the early 1800 the property was owned by the Martelli family (a renowned Florentine family) that added to the villa an “Empire style” character, still visible today with the architecture of the façade, the decorative medallions of the exteriors, the coffered ceilings and the gorgeous original frescos that have recently been brought back to life.
The property was then acquired by the current owners in the early 1900 and has been passed down from generation to generation. The mission of each generation has been to make the villa as much welcoming and comfortable as possible while fully preserving the ancient feel and the beauty of a Residence of other times…
Each living space has been exquisitely and carefully appointed by the owners so to create a very elegant and sophisticated atmosphere; The breathtaking views on the surrounding hills, the stunning private pool and grounds together with the tranquility and the privacy of the area, contribute into making the villa a truly idyllic place for an unforgettable holiday!
Garden and pool.
The villa sits on 12 acres of immaculately kept grounds, with a beautiful rose garden, lemon trees, flowerbeds, several century-old cypresses and pine trees. The private swimming pool comes fully furnished (with teak lounges and parasols) and enjoys the most amazing views of the countryside. The pool size is: 6.5 x 14.5m (21 x 46 feet)
The villa is located just about 3 km (2 miles) away from the village of Impruneta, where several restaurants, grocery stores, supermarket, terracotta shops, etc can be found (there is also a great weekly local market).
The beginning of the historic district of the city of Florence, Porta Romana square, is located only about 8 miles away (about 15 minutes by car). Florence can be easily reached also by bus (about 30 minutes ride) and the nearest bus stop is just within a 3 minutes walk away from the villa.
To reach Greve in Chianti and all of its wonderful wineries/cantinas it takes just about 15 minutes by car (20 minutes by bus).
Just within a short walk from the villa (3 minutes) it is possible to find a few excellent grocery stores and a great typical restaurant.
The villa spreads over 2 floors (ground and first) and is more than 850 square meters (about 9000 square feet) in size with a total of 6 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms and a powder room. Here below is the description, floor by floor:
- Oversized terrace overlooking the wonderful typical Tuscan landscape, fully equipped with comfortable furniture, parasols and large table for dining al fresco. The entrance of the villa as well as the living room and the dining room can be accessed directly through the terrace;
- Entrance Room with original frescoes and stairs to reach the first floor;
- Large Double Living Room with fireplace, 42" Led TV with Satellite channels and direct access to the wonderful terrace;
- Large fully equipped kitchen with fridge-freezer, dishwasher, oven, gas stove, microwave, American Coffee machine, Espresso Coffee Machine;
- Dinette attached to the kitchen with fireplace;
- Sitting room
- Dining Room with table for up to 10 people
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
- Powder Room
- King Bedroom with Four-Poster bed and attached bathroom with tub & hand-held shower head;
- King Bedroom with en-suite bathroom (with shower);
- Queen Bedroom with attached bathroom (with shower);
- Twin Bedroom with attached bathroom (with tub/shower). The 2 twin beds in this room can be joined to form a King bed upon request;
- Twin Bedroom with en-suite bathroom (with shower). The 2 twin beds in this room can be joined to form a King bed upon request;
- Single Bedroom, with 1 Four-poster twin bed
All bedrooms are air conditioned (with top quality A/C units).
- Air conditioning
- Private swimming pool
- Internet WiFi throughout
- Satellite TV
- Private 12 acres garden and spacious gated parking
**“City Tax” of € 1.00 per person per night applicable for a maximum of 4 nights during the period of March 1st to October 31st, is to be paid upon arrival as per the city's regulatory rules (kids under 14 are exempt).**