1450 Square Feet Of Casual Elegance Surrounded By Desert, Golf & Views!
- english, french, spanish
About Thelma Gutierrez
Welcome to Casa de Sueños which translates into House of Dreams. If you sit on the patio at sunrise or sunset, you'll know why we chose the name. The desert landscape and horizon changes colors before your eyes. It comes alive in shades of green, blue, pink, purple and red. It is a wonderful spot to find inspiration and peace, or to simply relax... Of all the places I have traveled to, the Sonoran Desert has my heart. I was born in Tucson and raised near Starr Pass. I am a proud Wildcat, a U of A graduate who now resides in California. It was always my dream to return to Tucson, but until we do, we wanted to have a small piece of the desert to go home to... a cozy Casita we'd like to share with you.
Thelma Gutierrez purchased this Townhome in 2015
Why Thelma Gutierrez chose Starr Pass
This property is special because it is located in the area where I grew up, most of my family lives with a mile or so of Starr Pass. The area is absolutely the best because it is tucked away in the foot hills of the Tucson Mountains, yet it's a quick 10 minute drive to the center of town. It's also quiet and a perfect place for star gazing because of a low light ordinance. Perhaps one of the main reasons for choosing this location, is because it is near to an incredible desert trail named after my cousin and mentor, Lorraine Lee, a tireless civic leader in the community. If you visit Starr Pass you'll know "why this property."
What makes this Townhome unique
We loved the layout - the fact that it's on the end, high on a hill, has exposed beams, rustic doors and saltillo tile. It reminded me of my travels through Mexico, complete with the two-toned painted stucco on the exterior! Mainly, I love the location. All it took was walking out to the patio and immediately, I fell in love with the views. On top of that, we're close to the pool, restaurant, gym and tennis courts. I couldn't imagine a better pace to be!
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- Please keep the screen doors closed at all time as pack rats and other desert critters, big and small will try to sneak in.
- Please take out the trash upon check out and shut off the thermostats and lights.
- Quiet hours after 10pm.
Wonderful Casita !
We enjoyed this property immensely, our time there wasn't long enough! We will be back!
Arizona Road trip
Wonderful quiet place in Tucson. Best part of our road trip around Arizona. Just a beautiful part of the area to relax and unwind. The owner was very nice and nice cozy comfortable Casita.
Great little place for a family!
We had a great stay here! Lots of space and close to the pool. Great view and we loved having access to the Marriott pool.
The mattresses were not as comfortable as we had hoped and the bedding was dated. But overall a good experience
Thank YOU Deb for taking such great care of the casita. We’re so happy to know you had a nice time in Tucson! Come back soon. Thelma
Owner trusted wrong housekeeper
The view and location were wonderful. However didn’t enjoy finding a bra from previous tenet in a drawer, a sock between the bed sheets that should have had fresh bedding. Spent My time cleaning the floors since they were dirty. I rented this location for a month - expected it to be clean . Notified owner she had a problem re: housekeeper.
Delaine, your experience was so unfortunate and definitely an aberration. Since bringing this to my attention, I have changed the housekeeping company. Thank you for contacting me and letting me know.
Tucson is a hidden gem for tourism in the southwest. It's 45 minutes from the US Mexico Border, 1 hour to the snow, and near countless landmarks of the old west: Tombstone, Benson and Bisbee. Also try wine tasting around the town of Sonoita. For the latest happenings during your stay, go to Tucson Happenings.com. It has a calendar for events and live music!
Here's my top ten list of must sees:
1. Lorraine Lee Nature Trail. Breathtaking desert vistas! It's within Starr Pass and an easy way to experience the desert up close.
2. Best Scenic Place to have a drink and enjoy panoramic views in the evening - The patio of the JW Marriott. Live music & tequila tastings!
3. Most Romantic Dining Room: The main restaurant at Hacienda del Sol on Tucson's northeast side. Think Mexican hacienda, candlelight and city light views.
4. Sonoran Desert Museum. If you appreciate the desert, no where in the world will you experience such a magical, world class museum where the flora and fauna are in a natural setting.
5. Saguaro National Monument West. A short drive from the desert museum takes you through one of the most beautiful scenic drives in the southwest. Take a picnic, find your happy place where you can walk an arroyo, a trail and zen out, There are rock paintings by the ancient Hohokam people.
6. Tubac, Az. It's south, about 40 minutes on the I-19. Wonderful way to spend the day checking out local art galleries and shops. One of a kind southwestern art. THEN my favorite place for lunch, Elvira's Mexican Food. Great ambiance - for dinner and drinks nothing there can beat the Tubac Country Club. A former hacienda where the dining room is elegant, yet unpretentious.
7. Sabino Canyon. Hike or take a tram up into the canyon where you can experience waterfalls in the desert! A great place to spend the day. You'll need sunscreen, a hat, swimsuit, snacks and WATER.
8. Mount Lemon. If you need to escape the heat in the summer, or want to play in the snow in the winter, this one hour drive up into the Catalina Mountains is beautiful! When you get to the town of Winterhaven, eat at The Sawmill Run. A great spot to have spicy turkey chili, rhubarb pie and comfort food.
9. Kartchner Caverns. It's about an hour away but a real treat! You take a tram to the caves and go on a fantastic guided tour. You must make reservations. It's a popular destination.
10. 4th Avenue. A great place to walk. Eclectic bars and restaurants, Vegan, Mexican, Italian, and cute shops. Near the U of A.