Enjoy mountain valley views on 5+ acres of private Catskill land.
AC & Diana
- english, french
About AC & Diana
We're a married couple from New York City (Brooklyn) with two young daughters. We love traveling, exploring antique shops and flea markets. True to our French heritage, we also love great food and wine.
AC & Diana purchased this House in 2018
Why AC & Diana chose Prattsville
We fell in love with Schoharie House as soon as we saw the online listing. An in-person visit only confirmed that this was the weekend house of our dreams with all the features we were looking for: several acres of land, 4 bedrooms, architectural details (pocket doors, stained glasses, massive staircase, wood floors, etc) and proximity to ski resorts.
What makes this House unique
- Very bright, lots of daylight. - Spacious: the 1st floor has a large eat-in kitchen, a playroom office, a living room, a dining room, a small bathroom. The 2nd floor has a bathroom and 4 bedrooms. - Easy access via State Highway 23 but lots of privacy thanks to 5 acres of land and forest behind the house. - The house went through extensive renovation during the past year. It now offers all modern comfort.
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 1:00 PM
No smoking in the house, only outside
See attached rental agreement
No gates in stairway
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Max guests:8 (sleeps up to 8 adults)
No walking with shoes in the house please. We've coated them with tung oil and a natural wax, which doesn't protect as much as polyurethane.
The house uses a septic system. Please do not throw anything else than toilet paper in the toilet and be mindful of the amount of paper used.
Please do not leave any food or garbage outside the house (except in the dedicated metal container), as it may attract bears and other wild animals.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Pics don't give it justice
Beautiful renovated home in keeping with the era in which it was built. Outstanding kitchen I wish I could have taken home with me. The boys liked the playroom and even played with a few of the girl toys. Everything needed for guest comfort had been provjded. We were most pleased
Great Country House
We really enjoyed our time at the house, it was spacious and well appointed.
Very comfortable and perfect Catskill location.
Really appreciate the hospitality. Communication with Kim the property manager was stellar. Enjoyed our stay.
Schoharie House is located in the Catskill Mountains. Approximately 2.5 to 3 hour drive from New York City. Great for all seasons and close to skiing (about 20 minutes from both Windham and Hunter ski resorts), hiking, fishing, swimming holes, restaurants and quaint towns.
- Phoenicia Diner. Located at 5681 NY-28, Phoenicia, NY, 12464
- Table on Ten. Located at 52030 NY-10, Bloomville, NY, 13739
- Last Chance Antiques & Cheese Café. Located at 6009 Main St, Tannersville, NY, 12485
- Mama's Boy Burgers. Located at 6067 Main St, Tannersville, NY, 12485
- Chicken Run. Located at 5639 NY-23, Windham, NY, 12496
- Brandywine. Located at 11157 New York 23, Windham, New York, 12496
- The Prospect. Located at 13 Scribner Hollow Rd, Hunter, NY, 12442
- Deer Mountain Inn. Located at 790 Co Rd 25, Tannersville, NY, 12485
- Sundaes Restaurant And Ice Cream Parlor. Located at New York 23, Grand Gorge, New York, 12414
- The Windham Local. Located at 5410 NY-23, Windham, NY, 12496
- Millrock. Located at 5398 New York 23, Windham, New York, 12496
- Bistro Brie & Bordeaux. Located at 5386 New York 23, Windham, New York, 12496
- Pratt Rocks.
- Mine Kill State Park
- Kaaterskill Falls
- Blue Barn Antiques & Interiors. Located at 7053 New York 28, Phoenicia, New York, 12464
- Roxbury General
Located at 53587 New York 30, Roxbury, New York, 12474
Skiing & winter sports:
- Bearpen Mountain