Evolve Vacation Rental
- english, french, german, spanish
We recently rented this very unique property for a girl's weekend. The owner was extremely accommodating and a pleasure to work with. He was very responsive to all our requests and even had the fire bowl set up with a stack of wood when we arrived. There were rafts and floaties available and we really enjoyed taking the pontoon out on the beautiful lake. The house was clean and there were plenty of linens available. My only suggestion would be to bring a cooler or two if you have a large group. The standard size fridge is not quite big enough to store all the food needed to feed so many people all weekend. However, there is a grocery store nearby if you need anything. We had an awesome time!
We loved it!
Our group of 15 loved staying here. There was plenty of space to live, sleep, eat, and have fun. Spacious enough for all our needs. The host was attentive and helped as we needed.
We were able to use the boat and we spent hours on tubes and skiis.
It was close enough to all the big city opportunities but still a lake front property.
If we are ever in the area we would stay here again.
Not quite as described
We consider it as deceptive since the beginning.
1. We understood that we would get the whole house when we booked but we learned after paid deposit that they separate the basement for another unit to rent and they changed their description after taking our deposit.
2. The property owner has very strict policies about changing or cancellation, so it was very hard for us to change once we learned that we wouldn't get the whole house. We felt tricked. They also wanted us to book outside VRBO but we didn't follow. Now we understand why they wanted that, so people won't be able to write review in here.
3. When I saw the property photos with dark water, I called and asked to make sure the kids can play and swim in there because we have very young children. They guarantee that it was just the effect of the photos and for sure the children could swim in there. But when we arrived the water was so dirty full with seaweed, algae and etc. I didn't even want to swim in there.
4. Parking! Beware that no parking on the street at night. And the home owner took 2 parking spots at the house. So you can only do 4 cars parking. It was very annoying when he want to get in & out.
We also had no warning there would be construction while we were there. It came as a surprise. There were piles of dirt in the front yard and the driveway was partially blocked with a stack of bricks.
5. Not enough for sleeping 20 as advertised. 4 bedrooms upstairs and 3 pull out sofa beds. Be very careful before booking.
6. Not so good cleaning. When we arrived at the check-in time we had to wait for another hour. Then we had to clean and put away dishes of previous renters, as well as some laundry too.
They also neglected to clean up outside.
7. Not enough of everything: We had to wait for the towels to be cleaned, not enough pillows, blankets, utensils nor paper towels.
8. We had communicated with the owner and he confirmed that soap & shampoo would be provided but there was no shampoo.
9. Lack of common items: E.g., no big trash can in the kitchen, we had to hang a trash bag under the sink. Very pitiful for this expensive house.
- No meat thermometer in kitchen
- Very cheap pillows; even in master bedroom, made us feel like we are staying in the camp!
Overall, this house will make you feel like you are staying in the cheap house rather than an expensive home.
Hi Todd, We were very sorry to hear that the property fell short of your expectations. We take the accuracy of our listings seriously - it's one of our 4 Core Property Standards! We updated the listing to note that the basement unit was a separate rental shortly after you booked, and we understand that you reached out to the homeowner to see if you could add the entire suite to your reservation without an additional charge. When the owner let you know that wasn't possible as it is a separate unit, you did not mention changing your booking or canceling. Both the owner and Evolve would have been happy to discuss your options if you had let us know! Long Lake is a freshwater lake that is maintained by the state, and not by individual owners on the lake. Many children and families have enjoyed this property's private dock as well as the nearby beach and swimming area. The city had recently updated their ordinances on parking, and the owner is expanding their driveway to make up for the new limitations. All construction materials were removed during your stay, and 4 parking spots were still available in the driveway for you. The owner also gave you access to the entire garage, but we understand that you did not use the extra spaces. The listing accurately describes the sleeping arrangements in each the bedrooms as well as the maximum occupancy of 16 guests. Instead of sofas, the owner supplies luxury futons, rollaway beds, and single mattresses so that larger groups can sleep comfortably. There were also extra pillows, linens, and towels stocked in the closets during your stay, but the owner still personally delivered more towels. They also brought specialty kitchen appliances upon your request and would like to note that the kitchen is equipped with a large trash compactor instead of plastic bags. The owner is always willing to go above and beyond to provide truly 5-star experiences for their guests, and we are looking forward to helping them continue to do so! Best, the Evolve Team
The house itself and the location is beautiful. The property owner was very friendly & accommodating. The reason I gave this property a lower rating is because the description of the listing is quite inaccurate. For example, it said it sleeps up to 20+ people, but there were only beds for 8 people + 4 futons. Also, the listing said that is "Included" the pontoon, but we found out upon arrival that we had to pay extra for it. On a positive note, it was a very nice pontoon. Lastly, the home owner visited a few times during our stay and even went upstairs to collect some of his own personal clothing during our stay. He was very quick & respectful about it, but it made some of our team members uncomfortable having a stranger walking through the house they were staying in.
Beautiful house and view.
We had an amazing time at this house. The kitchen was huge and the view was beautiful. Very nice master bedroom and the other three bedrooms were good. Pullout beds on the main floor were a little difficult as far as spacing and proximity. Website said sleeps 20, this number was high. There were 3 pullouts, 3 foldable cots cots, and the 4 bedrooms. These hold 15 adults, max. I would strongly recommend for a group of 8-10.