Beach front unit, 2 Bdrm, 2.5 Baths, Oceanview Decks
5 time Grandparents, retired public school teachers.
Bud purchased this Townhome in 2010
Why Bud chose Duck
Lots of quaint local family owned shops in Duck.
What makes this Townhome unique
A Hop and a Skip to the Beach and a leisurely walk to Duck.
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 4
Minimum age of primary renter: 21
- Note; Cancellation Policy in Rental Agreement
What a gorgeous property. It’s ideally located and beautiful. Bud was an absolute joy to work with throughout the process.
The property is lovely with great views of the ocean. It’s well appointed, and has a fabulous, well equipped kitchen. The Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity are excellent.
It’s a perfect place for a romantic beach getaway.
We’ll definitely be back.
We certainly hope to CU once again .
Sugar Shack is a slice of heaven in Duck!
Thanks for staying with us.
Fall stay at Sugar Shack
Would go back.
Sugar Shack is a lovely home and wonderfully equipped. Owners were terrific to communicate with!
We had a wonderful stay in Sugar Shack celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. Lovely to wake up to the sound of the ocean and gorgeous sunrises. Bud was wonderful to communicate with. House had everything you could think of. Highly recommend this lovely home!
We were honored to host you celebrating your 35th wedding anniversary!
Staying at Sugar Shack guarantees a carefree, peaceful and lovely OBX experience!
Words can not describe how wonderful it is to finally find a rental where each and every time we open the door at check-in we begin our vacation by entering a beautiful, clean, comfortable, ocean front home. Janice and Bud have thought of everything! And they are the quintessential hosts. The Duck location is perfect for us as it has the shopping, the restaurants, beautiful beaches, great fishing, sunrises, sunsets, and a great home base to explore Corolla to the North ,and Nags Head to the South (and beyond). We had two weeks of glorious weather (not sure if JP and Bud had anything to do with that) which just added to a perfect vacation. We already booked for next year! There is nothing like Duck, NC in September and there is no place we would rather be than Sugar Shack for our Fall vacation at the Beach ...(we have stayed here during Summer too, we just prefer the mild temperatures. warm waters, and less crowds you find at OBX in September)! Thank you Bud and JP for opening your home to us! Sincerely, Kathie, Mike, and Jessica
Thank you Kathie for your kind comments! Its always been our goal to provide our guests with an exceptional experience.
** The Immediate area** Sugar Shack is just feet to the beach and short stroll to town. Park your car when you arrive and forget about it until you leave.
There are too many activities to list, and many are unique to the Duck area!
Many describe Duck...as being the best town on the Outer Banks! Quaint, charming, and yet has all high-end amenities. Biker/pedestrian-friendly throughout. Stroll to some of the best restaurants, spas, shops, and sights around.
*Local information*Even if you've been to the OBX before, there are many attractions that might surprise you! :)
- The NEW 80-acre water park includes multiple water slide complexes, massive wave pool, adventure lagoon and lazy river, and a FlowRider surf ride attraction. Over two acres will be dedicated to a state-of-the-art children’s adventure area with a double entry wave pool and other innovative, interactive play areas and structures. Fifty private, wait-serviced cabanas, diverse food and beverage options, and retail venues are some of the many amenities to be offered.
This NEW addition to the OBX experience will be truly an UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!
- Speaking of UNFORGETTABLE- Take a KAYAK TOUR of the alligator river (yes, there are alligators in N.C.) and maybe you'll get to hear one of the critically endangered RED WOLVES unique only to eastern N.C.
For the birders, visit the Audubon Pine island bird sanctuary. The Sanctuary is one of the last pieces of untouched property on the northeastern portion of the Outer Banks, preserving 2,600 acres of marsh, upland maritime forest and sandy beaches, as well as the historical beauty of the Outer Banks. The Sanctuary remains largely free from development, so birds and wildlife can continue to have a safe place to thrive free from human disturbance, and you can HIKE , PICNIC , go HANG-GLIDING (all levels, or tandem) , and LEARN at the top-notch visitors' center.
- Enjoy every WATERSPORT you can imagine, as a learner or expert, including SURFING , KAYAKING , PADDLE BOARDING , JET SKIING , TUBING , PARASAILING , SAILING , CATAMARAN(ing?), etc.
- Go on a DOLPHIN-WATCHING TOUR (98% success) or WHALE-WATCHING TOUR.
- Take a SHIPWRECK DIVING TOUR
- Go CRABBING , SHRIMPING, or FISHING...so many options: deep-sea, surf, pier, sound...
- And, of course, GOLF! - Imagine golfing in a Southern Pine forest facing the Currituck Sound. Numerous DRIVING RANGES, and MINIATURE GOLF COURSES.