Satellite TV, full air con/heating, designer furniture & comfortable beds
About Sue McCormack
We live in Hertfordshire and I am a branch manager in an Estate Agents in North London. My husband Gordon is a builder and when we are not working we are looking after our grandchildren aged 3 & 5. Gordon comes from Stirling in Scotland I was born in London, we have another 2 granchildren in Scotland aged 4 & 8. As often as we can we try and get over to Los Alcazares as the family has expanded we too sometimes rent an apartment on Albatros so we can fit everybody in!!
Sue McCormack purchased this Bungalow in 2004
Why Sue McCormack chose Los Alcázares
When we came to Spain to look for a property we had never been to Murcia and were thinking to buy in Denia or Gandia in Costa Blanca where we had spent many holidays when our children were small. My youngest daughter was 8 when we started looking and my wish list included: Ground Floor Within 10 min walk of beach Within 20 mins of airport Overlooking a swimming pool A residential area in a town with an authentic Spanish feel We looked at about 12 properties in all mostly in the Costa Calida as this was an area was being developed quite quickly in 2004. As soon as we drove into Los Alcazares I knew it was the right place! And the property exactly met our needs- the developer was trying to sell the outer units overlooking the road first but we were determined to have one overlooking the pool so my daughter could swim and still be within view if we were sitting on the patio. In the end although we had to pay an extra 2000 euros we secured No 115.
What makes this Bungalow unique
115 Albatros is our 'place in the sun' and our home away from home. As soon as we arrive we switch into Spainish mode and spend lazy days - walking to the Post Room to buy a newspaper and grab a cappacino, then a bit of shopping and a stroll to the beach to catch some rays and then a leisurely lunch with some excellent vino and a siesta before heading off for a game of golf or a drive into Cartagena or maybe out to Rebate for an evening meal. The fact that everything is so close by means you can walk to all the amenities within a few minutes and to us that makes it so convenient. Along with the fact there are no hills so a bicycle ride is easy no matter what your fitness level!
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Brilliant holiday in superb location!
We had a lovely week despite the weather not being so good last day. The apartment was ideal located right next to the pool and an easy walk to the beach or shops. There is every thing you could need close by and some fabulous restaurants including Little Sicily and Veni were our favourites. In a cloudy day we took the children to the go- kart track which they loved and only 10 min drive away. There is a taxi rank at the end of the road.
The apartment was well equipped and comfortable with lots of extras like toys and games for the kids and was beautifully clean on our arrival with a welcome pack ( pre ordered) waiting for us which was a god send as we did not arrive till 11pm. Loved loved it will definitely be booking again. Thanks
Thank you Sarah for your lovely review - I look forward to welcoming you again in the future
Fantastic Apartment in lovely location
The apartment was immaculate and very well equipped with everything you could ask for. Comfortable beds and furniture and the dishwasher a welcome addition. TV BBC ITV CH4 & 5 plus other English/Spanish channels - wifi was available and there is a selection of books games/toys in the apartment. We travelled from Murcia International took 30 mins in hired car very straightforward. We loved the position of the property right opposite the pool and 5 min walk to bars restaurants etc & 5 mins more to the excellent beach with soft sloping shore into the sea. So safe for little ones. We intend to book again for September - Thank you Sue for a lovely holiday
Thank you I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.
Had a fantastic stay - lovely apartment and great position close to all amenities - kids loved it Thank you
The property is advertised as a luxury apartment in immaculate condition. This is not true.
1. Toilet wasn’t working when we arrived and we had to fix flush inside cistern as it was jammed. This was done in the presence of the Property Manager.
2. Toilet seat wasn’t fixed and we had to re-fix on arrival. Again while Property Manager was at the apartment.
3. Bathroom hand basin not sealed properly and moves.
4. Bathroom generally very dirty with brown staining around bath, toilet and floors with rotten base to storage unit.
5. Enamel starting to come off in bath.
6. Shower head moves when showering.
7. Back bedroom blind broken and obvious someone has tried to repair it as cover has been removed and debris on floor directly underneath in the bedroom.
8. Bed in this room badly stained with what looks like dried urine.
9. Bird droppings over back bedroom window sill and patio area.
10. Kitchen sink mixer tap not fixed properly and moves around in mounting hole. Property Manager showed us this on arrival and explained she had reported it and had asked for it to be fixed.
11. Washing line reel in utility area broken.
12. Electric fault with lights as some stay on even when turned off.
13. A/C heating temperamental and doesn’t always work.
14. Cooker trips all electrics out when put on.
15. Not enough bedding on arrival and Property Manager had to go and purchase more.
16. Silicone around front door missing in sections and open to outside elements.
17. States sleeps six but doesn’t.
18. TV package not as stated on details.
19. States there is WiFi but there isn’t. Property Manager explained she has previously asked for this to be installed as it is now standard on most rentals.
20. Heating extra cost but never told this. Only told A/C extra but clearly would need heating for winter rental. Not clear information given before booking.
21. Generally the property is not very clean and very dated.
All of these points were agreed with the on-site property manager who informed the owner that our complaints were justified and the property is in need of some considerable work.
We paid through Homeaway to ensure we were covered by the “Book with confidence” guarantee which should cover 100% of the rental to be refunded if the property is not as described.
We booked and paid for six weeks stay and left after only one week and the owner has only refunded 50%. Therefore we will be contacting Homeaway direct for the remainder of the refund as the property clearly falls under their misrepresentation conditions.
Photos were taken of all problems.
Unfortunately this guest seemed determined to complain about every tiny little issue. I don't intend to go through all their ridiculous claims - they did not leave after a week after 2 weeks I offered then a refund if they wanted to leave.
After they left I was contacted by my neighbours and the chairman of the residents committee complaining about the amount of people they had in and out of the property along with the fact they allowed their dogs to foul the grass outside the property with no effort to clean up.
Presumably all the other guests who have given us lovely reviews were staying in a different property!
Fantastic property with everything you need
Spent a week with husband and two boys aged 13 and 9 years old. House was in a lovely condition - spotlessly clean and with everything you needed. It's right at the poolside which was perfect. The complex is lovely - very well maintained and the pool was great. From booking to meeting the very helpful Liz at the apartment when we arrived, all was seamless. All in all, we had another fab week in gorgeous las Alcazares.
Thank you for your review we are delighted you enjoyed your time in Los Alcazares and found the apartment to your liking.
We enjoyed our holiday at the Albatros the house was in a great position for the pool ,supermarket and the beach and the town . Loved the pool and the accommodation . Will be back
Situated overlooking mountains to the rear and a park to the front and yet within a 10 minute walk of the beautiful blue flag beaches, local restaurants, bars. shops banks etc are a 5 minute level walk away. The property is a 10 minute drive from San Javier airport yet located in a quiet residential area. There are 9 golf courses within a 15 min drive including La Manga and the newly opened La Serena and Roda courses. Discounts are available for golfers at selected courses. There is a water sports centre and sailing from the local beach areas with go-karting a 5 minute drive. Both historic Cartagena and |Murcia are a short drive with Torrevieja approx half an hour's drive. Alicante airport is 45 min drive.