Enjoy a mountain retreat at 'Peaceful Getaway,' a rustic vacation rental log cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountain area of Penrose. The 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom property can accommodate 4 guests and 2 dogs! Enjoy comfortable amenities like a private hot tub and covered patio overlooking a small pond nestled on 26 acres of beautiful land full of oak and maple trees to explore. Ideally located between Brevard and Hendersonville, you'll have access to attractions, hiking trails, and stunning nature sites!
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2 (Bunk Room): Twin-over-Twin Bunk Bed
Wake up each morning to a fresh cup of coffee or tea enjoyed out on the front porch as you marvel at the surrounding forest and pond. Once your travel companions join you, start preparing breakfast in the fully stocked state-of-the-art kitchen with modern cabinetry and granite countertops. Savor your meal at the breakfast bar.
Head outside to the large wooded recreational area where you'll find a spring-fed trout fishing pond, streams and waterfalls along walking trails, a sun platform, and access to a large fenced-in and shady dog run - perfect for letting your pups run free!
As the evening starts approaching, gather around the picnic table under the pavilion where you can enjoy the views of the pond and fountain. Light the outdoor fireplace as the grill master in the group cooks up something delicious on the gas grill. Enjoy dinner under the stars while serenaded by the evening wildlife chorus.
Take a dip in the hot tub located on the side porch. Revel in the peace and quiet before you make your way inside where a delightful and thoughtfully-decorated living room with comfortable furniture, a gas fireplace, flat-screen TV with Netflix a DVD player, and a game library await you.
Rinse off in the bathroom complete with a stone-accented walk-in shower and beautiful cabinetry before retiring to the master bedroom where you can watch a DVD on the flat-screen TV from the comfy king-sized bed. Your travel pals are sure to sleep great in the bunk room!
Welcome to the ‘Land of the Waterfalls’ where you can slide down beautiful waterfalls or swim in the plunge pools at Skinny Dip Falls, 27 miles away; Sliding Rock, 14 miles away; or Looking Glass Falls, 12 miles away. Take in the gorgeous surroundings on the hikes to these spots and brace yourself for the cold yet refreshing water!
This area is a highly regarded biking destination. Whether you love an amazing climb through the country on a road bike or the epic descents on a mountain bike, there are hundreds of miles for it.
Downtown Brevard is a quaint small town not to be missed and with many activities to enjoy. Stroll downtown and enjoy some shopping. Stop off at one of the local restaurants for a bite to eat.
Make your way to the DuPont State Recreational Forest Visitor Center, just under 10 miles away. Here you can plan your hiking or mountain biking trips and have direct access to a path that leads to the Triple Falls Trail!
Take a drive into Pisgah National Forest up to the Blue Ridge Parkway about 22 miles total. Hike to Point Lookout and Black Balsam knob, or simply explore the expansive forest and marvel at the waterfalls, peaks and rivers, and picnic areas you're bound to come across!
There are many breweries and cideries in the area including Oskar Blues, Sierra Nevada, Asheville Brewing Company, Ecusta Brewery, Pisgah Brewing, Brevard Brewing, Flat Rock Cider Works and Bold Rocks Cider.
Other popular activities include trout fishing and tubing at the Davidson River. Learn from the fishing pros at Morgan Mill Trout Farm, and Headwaters outfitters can offer assistance. Mine for your own gems at Crystal Mountain Gem Mine, Pisgah Forest Gem Mine, and Elijah Mountain Gem Mine.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, 2 flat-screen TVs with local channels and DVD players, Apple Boom Box, complimentary toiletries, central air conditioning and heat, in-unit laundry machines, private hot tub, furnished covered deck, patio, gas grill, sun platform, fishing pond, pavilion with fireplace and seating, plenty of parking available, and more
- Peaceful Penrose location 27 miles from Skinny Dip Falls, 14 miles from Sliding Rock, 12 miles from Looking Glass Falls, 10 miles away from DuPont State Recreational Forest Visitor Center, 7 miles from Pisgah National Forest, near tons of delicious breweries and cideries, close to popular trout fishing, and hiking and mountain biking areas
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Asheville Regional Airport (~ 18 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $60 per dog, per stay fee (dogs only, maximum 2 allowed- flexible with smaller dogs)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that there is a flexible maximum occupancy with owner approval
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in