Chamonix (pronounced sham-oh-NEE) is a lovely five bedroom chalet at the top of Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia. Situated on 2 private acres with stunning views, Chamonix offers convenient access to Snowshoe slopes and other activities via a private on-call shuttle that picks you up at the end of the driveway.
Chamonix is convenient to year-round family activities including mountain biking, kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, snowmobiling, and of course, skiing and snowboarding at the Snowshoe Mountain resort.
Things you'll love about Chamonix:
1. Cell coverage & Wifi. Unlike many homes on Westridge Road, you’ll get 3 bars of 4G service at the house for AT&T mobile users. Hi-speed internet is provided by Frontier FIOS. TV Service is provided by Dish Network and has 120 channels.
2. Easy Access. Most homes at Snowshoe have steep driveways that can be a challenge even for four-wheel-drive vehicles. At Chamonix, you drive up a gently-sloping road that is maintained by the county right up to the front door. Front-wheel drive vehicles are usually ok, but if we get a big snow, getting anywhere on the mountain will be a challenge without 4-wheel drive.
3. Handicapped Accessible. Mobility-challenged persons will enjoy being able to enter the home from the parking area with NO STAIRS to scale. They can stay in a first-floor bedroom and enjoy the first-floor living area, dining area, bathroom, and deck without having to navigate any stairs. Please note, there are no cooking facilities on the first floor and the 1st-floor bathroom is not handicapped equipped.
4. Magnificent Sunsets. The home faces west from one of the highest points in West Virginia. Sunsets are breathtaking.
5. On-Call Shuttle. Unlike the scheduled shuttles that service other areas of Snowshow, Chamonix is serviced by an on-call shuttle that picks you up at the end of the driveway. The shuttle usually arrives within 5 minutes of your call, and will take you to Snowshoe Village or Silver Creek or anywhere in between. At the end of the day, just call the shuttle from the slopes or a restaurant, and they’ll whisk you safely back home to Chamonix.
- The precise location of Chamonix is here: https://goo.gl/maps/RMjCpuyn4bp Cup Run is an within easy walking distance (500 yards).
- Shuttle Details: The shuttle operates from 8:00am to midnight 7 days per week. From Christmas week through the end of February, shuttle hours are extended through 2:00am on Friday and Saturday night. Any business on the mountain will call the shuttle for you to get you home if you don't have a cell phone.