|Minimum Stay||1 - 5 nights|
The apartment is located in a typical Swiss wooden chalet.
The house is situated in a quiet hillside on the end of a closed to through traffic street.
The apartment on the top floor with a balcony offering a magnificent view of the impressive mountains and Lake Brienz.
The apartment is designed bright, friendly and individually. It offers two people plenty of space. In the living room is still a sofa bed for extra guests.
Living room and bedroom are covered and connected with a sliding door with untreated wood.
Pleasant one feels even in the living room with wood paneling. 2-burner stove, small oven and fridge. A rustic charcoal stove provides cozy warmth. The rest of the living room is heated by a modern glass radiator.
The bathroom with shower, sink and toilet has a modern radiator.
Around the house you can reach our natural garden, where you can rest and relax under the pergola
Tips for activities: - the gear steam train up the Brienz Rothorn with superb views of the lake and four thousand (Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau)
- Experience with the steam ship (Lötschberg) a round trip on Lake Brienz
- Mi boat from Brienz to Iseltwald, from there, on the beautiful riverside path back to the hotel Giessbach, (attractive waterfalls), from there by boat to the starting point
- Hike from Giessbach the waterfalls along the 'Schweibenalp', then the restaurant Bramisegg (rustic Swiss cuisine), then the trail again to Giessbach (very romantic)
- The post bus to the 'Axalp', there hike to Hinterburgseeli, along wood carving - Sculptures
- Visit the open air museum 'Ball Mountain' with original - houses from all Swiss cantons, take it a day time, it's worth it! (Even in the rain)
- The Aare Gorge in Meiringen
- The Rosenlaui Gorge between Meiringen and great Scheidegg
- The Trümmelbach Falls near Lauterbrunnen (waterfalls in the mountain!)
- By funicular to the Reichenbach Falls in Meiringen (Sherlock Holmes)
- Driving on the 'Gelmerbahn': the steepest funicular in Europe with 106% lead (on the road to the Grimsel Pass
- Visit the cities of Bern (Klee Museum), Thun, Lucerne with its wonderful old towns
- Grindelwald Jungfraujoch, the Eiger, Mönch, the four-thousand!
- Mürren with Schilthorn
- The Alpbach gorge from Meiringen direction Reuti, again with the cable car back to Meiringen, or continue walking towards Innertkirchen and back to Meiringen
Hiking suggestions, other options: -. Many beautiful walks in the 'Hasliberg' above Meiringen, for example, with children the Dwarf or the Murmeliweg
- In the Grimsel area hike along the Oberaarsee the glacier
- Walks in Brienz: the zoo, along the quay, through interesting Oberndorf with the beautiful wood - Chalets and ......
- From Meiringen by postal bus to Grosse Scheidegg, from there on foot to First, gondola to Grindelwald by train via Interlaken back to Brienz (day trip)
- Round trip gondola Meiringen - flat plates, walk to Engstlensee, postbus to Meiringen
-About Interlaken - Beatenberg the Niederhorn by train, there several walks to beautiful panoramic location
- The 'life' in Schwanden with wooden sculptures
- Many opportunities for climbers and experienced mountaineers
- Early October, the 'Axalp Airshow' instead, a flight demonstration at Axalp above Brienz.
- Visit the drift - Suspension Bridge
- Cultural Power Station www. Grimsel electricity. ch
- In summer, the steam train to Brünig
Mountainbike and cycling proposals, kite flying: Depending on your condition, there are numerous attractive, varied and well-marked Radel and mountain bike routes, maps and information are available in the house. With the new electric bikes often no problem (rental station in Meiringen).
An absolutely flat round on paved or well-paved, quiet roads leading from Brienz to Meiringen via Unterbach and ev. Over Funtenen back (about 22 km).
Somewhat strenuous and mountainous is the Brienzerseerunde (about 42 km).
The queen stage with unique landscape impressions via Meiringen, Rosenlaui to Grosse Scheidegg down to Grindelwald, Wilderswil and Bönigen to the lake. Good physical condition required (about 90 km, -1750 huh!).
Caution: military airfield near (sometimes noisy on weekdays).
Hang gliders often start from Brienz Rothorn or from Axalp.
River rafting on the wild Lütschine or canyoning in Saxeten is thrill in the price epitomes
The building and location are fantastic, Agnes is a gem. This home was so comfortable for my daughters and I that we didn't want to leave. You will not be disappointed.
This is an awesome property.
We spent a week at the property and it has been brilliant. Ms.Rosenthal, the owner of the property ensured that everything was in order. The communication was prompt and the details provided regarding the property was extremely useful.
The property is minutes away from stunning Alps, pristene lakes and breathtaking passes (furka, susten and grimsel). Easily accessible by train, car and public transportation.
We would definetly come back!
A delightful place to stay. Brienz itself is central to many wonderful walks/sights, but also a 10 minute walk from the apartment takes you down to trains, buses, ferries to all other areas. The apartment is a perfect little haven to return to each night - warm, comfortable, beautiful views - could not be better. Although I never met Agnes, she responded very quickly to any message I sent, and made me feel very welcome. Thank you Agnes, I hope to be able to return some day!
Wir genossen eine schöne gemütliche Wohnung mit Blick auf den See. Die Wohnung war sehr gut ausgestattet und ließ nichts zu wünschen übrig. Gerne wieder.
This lovely little house was really perfect for our recent 5 day break to Brienz.
We already liked Brienz from previous visits and this little place exceeded all the expectations we'd had.
It sits in a good location with a beautiful view down the lake from the balcony.
It was very clean, had everything we needed and was very cosy and welcoming, as was the owner, Agnes.
The weather might have not been the best for our stay, but she more than made up for that with the incredibly warm welcome and service and we felt very well looked after.
We'd definitely recommend this place and would love to come here again.
This is a wonderful apartment -- well equipped and in a great location ( 9 min walk to the train -- a bus is available also )
We enjoyed 3 weeks here this September. Found the location perfect to explore the whole Bernese Oberland, or relax on the balcony and just enjoy the view.
Wonderful landlady .
. Hope to return some day.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jul 1 2017 - Aug 26 2017
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $11 per night, per additional guest|
|Bett- u. Frotteewäsche/P||$22|
|Stay tax||€3 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 6 years.|
A pearl in the Bernese Oberland is the lovely city of Brienz, beautifully situated on the same turquoise lake at the foot of the Brienzer Rothorn (2350m asl).
The old village still houses Schnitzler Schnitzler and a well-known violin-making school. While strolling through the old part you see the typical chalets Brienz, while strolling on the quay you can feel the breath of the lake with its fascinating moods.
Brienz is an ideal starting point for many excursions and activities. Station, boat station, bus station and the valley station of the Rothornbahn enjoys close proximity.
Brienz is easy to reach both by road and by rail.
Winter sports and hiking in Meiringen-Hasliberg, Axalp or Grindelwald with Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains, swim in Lake Brienz or one of the many hiking trails at the lake or in the mountains invite.
The famous four-thousand-Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau can be admired close.
Other Activities: Snowshoeing
Golf: The next (18 hole) golf course is in Interlaken, directly on Lake Thun, more information at
www. Interlaken golf. ch
So only about 15 km away from Brienz
Ski: The nearest ski resorts are:
- Axalp / Brienz reachable with 20 km of slopes, very family-friendly ski area, with the post bus from Brienz or with winter gear also by car, wonderful views of the lake and mountains
- Meiringen - Hasliberg 60 km of slopes. Child-friendly, for beginners and experts, magnificent panorama
- Jungfrau Ski - Region
Kleine Scheidegg - Männlichen - Wengen
Grindelwald - First
Mürren - Schilthorn
- By train through the Lötschberg tunnel, then the PostBus Lötschental, nice area