Kefalonia and Lourdas is a great way to live the real Greek island experience. Besides the natural beauty of the area, a great selection of restaurants, bars and other stores have you covered during your stay, all within walking distance. And above all this is the home of the most colorful, real, warm and welcoming people.
Studio Maria is one of four family owned and operated studios. They were renovated in 2018 striving to be a comfortable, clean and relaxing accommodation for visitors.
One of four studios on the 1st floor of a family residential building, located in the village above Lourdas beach, Studio Maria is an ideal place for couples and single travelers.
• It is within 3-5’ walking distance of several supermarkets.
• Within the same 5’ walking radius there are many restaurants and bars. There are many more all around the village and the road down by the beach.
• Walking to the beach, a kilometer away, will take you about 20’. Mind that walking back is an uphill trek, so beware of the hot sun.
-- The Studio
Sizing around 25sqm (270sqft), Studio Maria has two single beds, a big wardrobe closet, a small kitchenette and the bathroom.
And of course, a balcony to relax and enjoy the amazing view of the Ionian Sea, over Lourdas and Trapezaki bays.
The studio has a small but fully equipped and functional kitchenette. For your breakfast needs there is a toaster, coffee maker and kettle. If you would like to cook a meal there is an induction hob. All necessary utensils, pots and condiments for a self-catering stay are available.
-- The neighborhood
Lourdas is a well-known and established vacation destination. Not much is needing to say about the beautiful pebble beach, one of the largest and most favored on the island of Kefalonia. Centered over the beach, Lourdas village has developed around catering to tourist needs.
There are several super markets for groceries especially if you choose to self-cater.
If you prefer dining out there are so many great restaurants both all along the road going through the village and down by the beach. Some of them organize Greek nights or other live entertainment events on occasion.
There are also many bars and open pool bars all around the area.
But even if all that sound not enough, well, being in the middle of Kefalonia can be a great starting base for exploring the rest of the island.
Lourdas is only 15’ drive from the capital Argostoli if you would like to go shopping, have a coffee or a night out in the city.
Kefalonia is an amazing island with so many magnificent changing sceneries.
• You can rent a car and explore the famous breathtaking beaches like Myrtos, Petanoi and Antisamos.
• You can visit the most colorful picturesque little gems of villages, like Assos and Fiskardo.
• Mount Ainos is the centerpiece of the island and what makes it so unique. The valley of Omala, home of our patron saint St. Gerasimos Monastery, is also vineyard country, where Robola wine is made.
• The underground lagoon of Melissani and Drogarati cave will awe you for sure.
• Skala and its miles long beach is a great place to visit and the resort of choice for many thousands. Staying there however, located on the far end of Kefalonia, hinders your access to the rest of the island.
All these places and so many more, along with fabulous dining and shopping choices all over, make Kefalonia a truly magical destination. And what better place to host your stay than in the middle of it, next to one of its best beaches… Lourdas!
The apartment is on the 1st floor of the building. Guests have full access to the entire apartment.
Interaction with guests
We will personally greet you at check in and bid you farewell at checkout.
Our house is only downstairs from the studios so we will be at your disposal if you may need us.
Please mind that we might not be around at all times though due to work.
Other things to note
We have a schedule for housekeeping every 3 days (change of linen, towels, cleaning) between hours 10-12 in the morning. If you prefer full privacy and doing your own housekeeping, it can be arranged upon request. There are always extra linen and clean towels available both in the studio and with the host.