|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
Lovely apartment just restored and furnished in Ikea Style (March 2009) few meters to St. Peter’s Basilica and close to the major monuments of the Historical City Center of Rome. This large and comfortable 45 sq. meter apartment sleeps 6.
Well connected with the City Center, with Fiumicino Airport and Termini Train Station, strategic position to visit the city without a car. parking place at 200 metres at 3 Euro per day
RentalsinRome Vaticano consists of 3 Holidays Apartments located in the same building, on the second floor, the single apartment sleeps from 5 to 10 persons each, the apartments with internal comunication door sleeps up to 18 people.
They are located right in front of San Pietro Train Station, close to St. Peter’s Basilica and 900 meters from the historic center of Rome (Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc.). They are in a strategic position for visiting the Eternal City, with public transportation at your door step (50m), train stations and airports. The double beds can be divided into single beds upon request. Furnished in Ikea style the apartments offer all the comforts: air conditioning in the rooms and living rooms, free WiFi connection, TV LCD with Satellite channels and telephone with free local calls. Computer with Internet access, washing machine and drier in a separate Technichal Room in the outside of the apartments but on the same floor
Other Services: Linen change and cleaning during the stay : 15 Euro per person, minimum 50 Euro Baby cot (free) Baby sitter (10 Euro per hour) Mobile telephone rental (5 Euro per day plus telephone bill). Tickets for a memorable day at the Vatican: Adults: 29 Euro. Children up to 18 years: 22 Euro. Children 0-6 free. This ticket include: reserved entrance to Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel. NO QUEUE ! It is also possible to reserve tickets for guided walking tour in the language required at St. Peter's Basilica, guided walking tour at Tombs of Popes and much more! As well as one-day ticket to discover the whole Eternal city with open bus 'Christian Rome'
You can also book a car transfer service from and to the airport at 15 Euro per person, with a minimum of 60 Euro.
City tax 3,5 Euro per day per person not included (children up to 10 years do not pay the accommodation tax)
I'm a civil engineer and I restored the apartments with my company and furnished Ikea Style with semplicity but with all is needed.
I leave preatty close to the property and I'm very glad welcome the host by myself and give assistance for any problem can occur during the stay
Stefano Menconi purchased this apartment in 2010
the apartments are few minutes from the Vatican and "Piazza San Pietro", just in front of the end of the line of the bus n°64 that will take you all across the city center and the main monuments.
a big carrefour supermarket open 24/7 is 5 minutes walking distance from the building
The property is perfect for family reunions or big groups of friends thath want to stay all together and enjoy the holiday staying together. The three apartments on the same floor can host up to 24 people.
We rented two apartments, Units G & F for 14 people. The property was clean and when we pointed out two plumbing problems, they were repaired the next day. Manuela, the manager was most helpful, she arranged for tickets to museums and a night tour of the colosseum that we had been unable to arrange on our own. The location of the property is ideal, across the street from the bus and train station, we were able to purchase a 7day pass that included unlimited bus and metro use, this was the most useful purchase we made. The Vatican is very close & we were able to arrive there early enough to beat the crowds. Lots of cafes are close, and there is a grocery about 2 blocks away that was well stocked and we visited almost daily. I believe this is a perfect place for a large group of people, and a smaller group could rent one apartment. The only problem we had after a long day of sightseeing, was walking up the stairs to get home. We recommend this property and would consider renting it again on our next visit.
We had a great time in Rome and a great stay in this apartment. We were eight people including four children. The space was ok and the neighbourhood was perfect. The only critique is that the apartment is next to the apartment Apartment G and just separated by a single door, so you hear too much neighbours.
The most sub-standard accommodation we have ever stayed in throughout our 2 month tour of Europe.
- mold in bathroom
- stains on sofabed
- peeling furniture.
- heater towel rails not working.
- sitting directly in front of the main door into the apartment are some garbage skip bins, with its attendant mess.
Worst of all was the dishonesty of its owner Stefano and receptionist Greta:
- there was no internet during our 3-day stay, contrary to their advertisement. They first said this problem only started evening before we arrived, then changed their story a few more times each day when we asked whether the internet connection had been fixed.
- despite being assured at check-in by Greta that she would be at reception daily 9am-1pm, she was nowhere to be seen on the 2nd day. We had to ring her and plead with her for 5 mins on our phone to ask her to come in. We then had to wait till mid-day before she turned up, and with a display of displeasure such that we did not feel at ease at all dealing with her.
- persistent touting of tours, to the extent of telling lies. They were so pushy about this and the process started right from check-in, even before we had time to properly deposit our luggage.
Stay here at your own peril.
We have spent four days in the apartments F + G on July 2 couples with 5 children.
They are 2 apartments connected by one door, and each had 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room.
Although the photos correspond to what it contains, there are several details we wanted to reflect:
1. Firstly, the apartments were really dirty, especially the bathrooms and kitchens. The dish racks of both kitchens are rusty and dusty, so they are unusable, and kitchen appliances were dirty, such as microwaves or broken as the electric toaster.
2. The air conditioning does not work well. The apartments are opened by 1 electronic key card that drives the light in the apartments, so it is mandatory to turn off the air when you leave, and then the apartment only takes about 8 hours to drop below 30 ° C. When we required Stefano to give us another key, he told us it was not possible.
3. The Internet only worked in one of the 4 rooms of the apartment, and very slowly
4. The water that came out of the shower was either boiling hot or freezing cold.
5. The furniture, especially the sofas and the ones of the kitchen are dirty and outdated
6. There were several broken things in the apartment, including a toilet seat that made it particularly uncomfortable
7. Upon arrival we enjoyed 2 rolls of toilet paper courtesy for 9 people and 4 days, no tablecloths and napkin or even a broom or mop which we had to ask for to Stefano.
8. NO ELEVATOR. Being a second floor is convenient to know it, especially if you carry a lot of luggage, as was our case.
However, the attention of Stefano was always correct. There is a car park opposite the building where you can leave your car for 3 euros per day and a bus stop directly opposite which takes you to the centre of Rome
In conclusion, it would be a good place to stay if the hygienic conditions, furniture and kitchen utensils were improved, as well as the facilities provided, but definitely not as it is nowadays
The apartments are a few steps from St. Peter Basilica, in the heart of the Eternal City. Just on the other side of the street there is 'San Pietro' Station, with trains to the airport and the bus line #64 to Termini Central Station. The rest of the historical centre is within walking distance.
Other Activities: Visiting Museums, visiting Historic Places