Evolve Vacation Rental
- english, french, german, spanish
Stay was good
Being right on the lake was great! But for the amount of money we spent the house could have been better. I’ve stayed at cheaper houses that were in better shape. Having no air was a little rough during the day, we ended up putting fans in the windows that helped a little bit. The location was pretty good though.
We really enjoyed our time and the location.
Location of property is good but shower does not work properly, no heating in the cottage and lights were out in the kitchen and living room when we stayed.
Hi Vidya, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the cottage's lakefront location! The electrical system in the home is brand new, and when a circuit breaker flipped during your stay, the property manager walked you through how to make the simple correction to resolve the issue. The shower handle has also been repaired since you checked out. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to traveling with you again soon! Best, the Evolve Team
Beautiful little cottage on Glen Lake
Thank you for allowing us to use your kayak and rowboat. They made all the difference and made up for the fact that there was no dock to fish from! The cottage was lovely and had everything we could have wanted! never knew that a washer and dryer were necessities, but they came in very handy! It was great having WiFi as well so we could stay connected all week. The only suggestions I could make are:
1. Maybe a kitchen island, since there is not a lot of surface space for cooking.
2. Landscaping the back yard and planting grass. We were really muddy and sandy and it was hard not to track that into the house!
3. The tarp on the lake floor was kind of weird. Was that to cover the muck? A small, cheap dock would have been great to fish from, since the fish won't go near that tarp.
4. The lock box was flimsy and hard to use. We needed help getting in and getting out! Thanks to Kayla for her assistance.
I certainly don't mean to complain! We had a wonderful stay and we would absolutely rent this cottage again! Glen Lake is private, unspoiled and clean! It was a pleasure renting this little cottage and we thank you for a wonderful stay!
This was a true Adirondack cottage.
We had a great time in and out of the Lake. When we weren’t swimming, kayaking, fishing or relaxing thre were great opportunities to bike, hike and eat all around us.