Beautiful Log Cabin on Lake McFarland. The cabin is located at the end of the Arrowhead Trail on McFarland Lake. 17 miles from the town Hovland that is located on the North Shore of Lake Superior, 18 miles North/East of Grand Marais. Arrowhead trail is paved the first 4 miles then a well maintained gravel road to the cabin.
* Property is a point with incredible views of the lake on all sides
* 2 large bedrooms with views of lake and one smaller back bed room with a double bed and Bunk bed
* 1 bathroom with walk in tile shower
* Fully furnished cabin
* New Honda Generator (Very Quiet) runs all the electric power for cabin
* Satellite WiFi (No streaming of movies)
* Private Point with water views all around cabin
* Adjacent caretaker for check in and out plus if you have any questions during the stay about the cabin or area or if you want to rent the two canoes. The caretakers are my retired parents and they have a fifth wheel camper during the summer months located on the back property before you drive out to the point where the cabin is located. (The point is completely private, only water on all three sides of the cabin)
* Newer LTE Cell phones (Apple 5s, 5c 6 Samsung 4, 5, 6) work in the cabin with the booster antenna. Apple iMessage and Skype work best over cabin WiFi otherwise, you will need to add Canada international rates for Verizon or AT&T cell phones before you arrive.
Cell phones work in Grand Marais and a few miles before Hovland or Grand Portage has an AT&T cell tower but Verizon won't work. If you don't add an international plan make sure you turn your phone off or airplane mode to avoid data charges. Phones in airplane mode can receive Apple iMessages, Skype and Email over cabin WIFI.
* Built in 2012
* Two Canoes available with rental
* Life Jackets not provided
* Large dock for easy boat access and swimming
* Boat ramp located 1/2 mile from cabin
* All sand swimming beach near by
* Mc Farland lake connects to the BWCA (Pine Lake or Big John Lake)
* Mc Farland lake has no motor restrictions or HP limits
* Located 17 miles from Hovland
* Located 20 miles from the Gunflint Trail area
* Located near Grand Marais and Grand Portage
* Border route Superior hiking trail access (Great for day Hikes)