Incredible modern row home in historic U Street/Shaw area - close to both the subway and bus lines. You will be next door to restaurants, shops, and in between the trendy neighborhoods and well known DC sites, including the Convention Centre and the White House. The home has been soundproofed so one minute you're in the middle of the action, and the next in your own quiet space. The neighborhood combines proximity to sightseeing spots with access to the trendiest streets, shops, and nightlife.
The space was carefully furnished and designed for comfort with style - unique artwork, new appliances, HD entertainment center, work space, and two comfortable queen beds.
The guest will be able to enter via lock box.
During your stay, I am available 24/7 and would be happy to give you tips on what to do in the city.
The neighborhood is a row-house, restaurant- and retail-filled neighborhood north of the White House and in close proximity to the Convention Center. Duke Ellington was born here, and he and other stars of “Black Broadway” played at nearby theaters that are still standing. These days, the zone is just as well known for trendy restaurants, indie boutiques and a happening bar scene. One thing’s for sure, it’s one of the most interesting places in cap city to be right now.
Lots to do in the area next to everything you need for your stay.
• Haikan - some of the best ramen outside of Japan
• The Red Hen - Renowned Italian influenced American restaurant
• The Royal - coffee shop by day and bar/kitchen by night
• Boundary Stone - Neighborhood pub serving bar food & whiskey in a
• Right Proper Brewing – fun microbrewery
• Dragon Express – low cost Chinese and other foods
• Rico Loco – Latin food based on food cart concept
• Bistro Bohem - Czech restaurant offering tasty food and drinks
• Calabash Teahouse & Café – really good high end tea house
• Mockingbird Hill – great infused vodka and sampler options.
• Kiss – new fast gourmet Thai restaurant
• Uprising Muffin Company – great local baked muffins and coffee
• Uproar Lounge – sports bar and lounge
• Shaw’s Tavern – larger sports bar with American food and drinks
Night Clubs //
Flash – underground music, open late
9:30 Club – internationally known music venue. It’s a 7-10 minute walk away
Howard Theatre – famous theatre that hosted artists from Rick James to Michael Jackson during its heyday, now hosting various concerts and other shows.
U Street Music Hall – another top night club featuring house, techno, jungle, dub, etc
Other Notable Things //
Shaw Library – nice size public library. It is about a 5-10 minute walk
Wells Fargo Bank – located on the corner of 7th and T street.
CVS – around the corner on 7th and Florida
Glen's Garden Market sells fresh, locally grown produce and is located a 5 minute walk away at 1924 8th Street, NW
There is a Giant grocery store a few blocks south of 7th and T street. It is a 15-20 min walk.
There are two metro stops that are a short walk away. Howard/Shaw metro stop is on 7th street with green and yellow line access. U Street is about a 15 minute walk and one stop north of the Howard/Shaw metro. You can find transfer points from the green line using the DC metro map. Ledroit Park market for quick grocery needs is a 5 minute walk
You can also Uber or Taxi nearly anywhere in the city within 15 minutes.