Rustic and secluded one-room rondette style cabin on almost 3 acres of gorgeous wooded land minutes from historic downtown Tryon and Saluda. This is the perfect location to get away from it all but still be close to everything!
Enjoy views of Little Warrior Mountain and the sound of the trickling spring from the wrap around deck in this very private location.
Located close to the Saluda Grade, a great location for bicyclists. The area is known for hiking, rafting and other outdoor adventures. Close to Norman Wilder Forest, Pearson’s Falls, Harmon Field and only 16 mi. to Tryon International Equestrian Center. Also close to four historic downtowns where you can dine and shop: Saluda, Tryon, Columbus and Landrum.
Space is very cozy! Ideal for two, the one room cabin sleeps up to four. I want to be very clear that this is a ONE ROOM cabin, no separate bedrooms. There are two options for sleeping (more if you want to nap outside!) One is an antique metal double bed; the second is a queen fold out sofa. Both mattresses have a waterproof, bedbug proof encasement and we provide clean sheets and bedding. The sofa also has a featherbed to make it more comfortable.
Cabin is off the grid... so no internet or Wi-Fi and the cell signal is spotty, although we have recently added a signal booster which helps. The road to the cabin is unpaved, bumpy and steep. Passable in a normal car but drive slowly; an SUV or 4 wheel drive vehicle is best. Stream fed water system is very eco-friendly, but does cause slight discoloring of the bathroom fixtures even after thoroughly cleaned.
Well behaved pets are welcome! We just ask that you clean up after them, do not let them on the furniture and do not leave them unattended in the cabin. If you brought your furry friend with you and need a place to put him, there is a dog pen available.
We like to give our guests privacy, so we have implemented a self check-in process. But we are only a phone call or text away if you have any questions during your stay.
We provide all the essentials: towels, bed sheets, soap and toilet paper.
We have added many items to help you enjoy your visit at the cabin:
• TV with DVD player built in and a library of DVDs
• Classic Nintendo – we are working on building a collection of old school games
• Selection of Books and Games
• Ironing board and Iron
• Fire Pit
The kitchen is small but fully appointed with most of what you need to prepare meals:
• Dishes, utensils, pots and pans, plates, small appliances, etc.
• Refrigerator – there is a small refrigerator in the kitchen but if you need more storage, there is a full size refrigerator and freezer downstairs behind the house.
• Coffee – there is a Keurig on the counter but also a drip coffee maker stored in the cabinets below.
• Charcoal grill and utensils (on the deck).
The area offers a variety of activities including hiking, biking, and paddling. The charming small towns of Tryon, Saluda, Landrum and Columbus offer fine dining, shopping and musical entertainment.
• Tryon - 3 miles
• Saluda - 5.5 miles (bonus – scenic drive along Saluda Grade)
• Columbus - 5.5 miles
• Landrum, SC - 7 miles
• Flat Rock – 17.5 miles
• Hendersonville – 18.5 miles
• Lake Lure – 20 miles
• Asheville – 40 miles
Hiking and Waterfalls
• Melrose Falls – 1 mile
• Pearsons Falls – 3.5 miles
• Norman Wilder Forest – 0.5 miles
• Shunkawauken Falls Scenic Drive – 8.4 miles one way
• Harmon Field – 1.9 miles
• Green River Adventures – 5.2 miles
• Green River Gorge / Green River Game Lands - 14 miles
• Tryon International Equestrian Center – 15 miles