About the property
- House1500 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay30 nights
House, 2 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Charming Lakefront Cottage Vacations that’ll Float Your Boat!
2 Bedroom, 2 Bath charmer! “Lakefront” cottage on a quiet and secluded 1-1/2 acre “Park like” setting overlooking Lake Tsala Apopka, in Floral City, Florida.
Experience Florida’s Nature Coast where simplicity meets nature, and outdoor recreational enthusiasts play.
Enjoy the stars and Natures symphony every evening right outside your door.
Biking, Boating, Fishing, Jet skiing and Kayaking are all within close by. There is a public boat ramp right out your back door. Easy access to the Gulf of Mexico is also just 40 minutes away.
Enjoy the quaint village atmosphere in Floral City (5 minutes away) with it’s antique shops, restaurants, and Art Galleries.
There is always something to do!
* The “Strawberry Festival” in Feb, U-pick blueberries in April and Blackberies in May minutes from your door.
* “Heritage Days” in Dec. A quiant luminaire tour of Historic homes where the Homeowers greet the visitors in Period costumes along the “Avenue of the Oaks” beautiful 100’s of year old oak trees forming a beautiful canopy
* Bikes & BBQ festival and the 'Rails to trails' 120 mile cycling run brings thousands to Floral City in October.
* Crystal River, Homosassa, Ocala, the Villages and Beaches are 45 minutes away.
* Disney, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, LegoLand and Orlando and Tampa are less than 1-1/2 hour away
* The 'Rails to Trails” bike path is 5 min from your door and offers some excellent hiking and cycling opportunities. The trail is popular for family outings….. pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it.
* 'Beautiful Rainbow Springs Park and River' - a must see – kayaking, tubing… quietly float down the tranquil, crystal clear, Rainbow River is opprox. 40 minutes away..
* Secluded cave exploration, Airboat rides, horseback riding, Citrus County Speedway, golf courses are close by.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Jan 10, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great place to relax
Loved this place and wish we could come next year. Park-like setting. Cottage is older but full of charm. Quiet small town atmosphere and close to bike trail. Stephen had kayaks we could use which was a nice surprise .
So glad you enjoyed your stay at our "Cottage by the Lake".
Relaxing, charming and comfortable is exactly what we were going for.....thanks
Look forward to your return.
We loved this beautiful cottage, where we spent 3 memorable months in 2018.
If you're looking for a gorgeous, quiet spot for your next stay, we highly recommend this Charming Lakefront Cottage. It was all we hoped for and so much more. The comfortable, sparkling-clean cottage is set back from the road, nicely decorated, and very well maintained. The large, secluded yard is full of spectacular huge Live Oak trees, ferns, beautiful blooming bushes, and even has it's own pair of friendly Sandhill Cranes. We were very pleased to have so many amenities provided and appreciated comfortable furniture as well as air conditioning and heating units that were dependable and quiet. We loved being able to bicycle to the Withlacoochee State Bike Trail.
We're very grateful to Steve, the owner. He was anxious to help however he could to make our stay enjoyable and provided us with many interesting facts about Floral City and it's history. It's evident that he cares about this cottage and puts a lot of thought and effort into providing a top-notch vacation rental.
The place was old but very nice. We were pleasantly surprised by how clean it was. The yard had plenty of space to park my boat and the public boat landing was only a few yards away. The lake was interesting and the birds were every where. I was very happy to be there.
Always something to do: Sightseeing Amusement parks - Disney, Seaworld, LegoLand, Busch Gardens, Wickie Wachee with in 90 minutes Beaches Nature tours Biking Boating Jetsking Fishing Kayaking Airboat rides Secluded cave explorations Horseback rides Citrus county Speedway Golf - numerous championship courses in the area Minature Golf (5 minutes)
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Minimum Stay: JAN to MARCH - 1 month min stay APRIL TO JAN - 2 wks min stay Requested cleaning services are available upon request for $95 / visit 9% sales tax is added to all rentals no pets Our monthly bookings for the next year's season (Dec thru March) are made in Jan thru March of the current year.