|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Park Place Guest House at Empire Beach
Vacation at the beach in this newly constructed two bedroom, two bathroom 1900 sq. ft. house / cottage that partially overlooks Lake Michigan and South Bar Lake. Walk the tree lined sidewalk 600 ft to the Lake Michigan shore and play on the magnificent sugar sand beach pictured here. There is extensive playground equipment at the beach. The Village of Empire which is seven miles south of Glen Arbor is home to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park Visitor Center. The Sleeping Bear Heritage Bike Trail winds through the woods and is paved from Empire to the 'Dune Climb' and continues into Glen Arbor.
From the rear bedroom window of Park Place Guest House view deer feeding in the nature preserve.
Within walking distance of one block to the east are the post office, grocery store, bank, Friendly's Tavern, the bicycle and surf shop and Tiffany's Ice Cream Parlor. Two blocks to the east is the Public Library. This is truly a unique location.
Park Place Guest House has the appearance of being one structure with Park Place Empire, but each is totally separate and has complete privacy from the other.
Because our Lake Michigan home is special to us, we request great care and consideration from our renters.
Although I rarely have the opportunity to meet our guests face to face, I enjoy getting to know you through phone calls, email and correspondence. I am a family man who is grateful to have found a little piece of heaven in Empire at Park Place which we enjoy sharing with others who appreciate and respect the home and the area.
Location, Location, Location. Beach, natural beauty situated within a quaint village.
Top Thing to do in City:
* Ride the Empire to Glen Arbor bike trail.
* Canoe, kayak or tube the Crystal and Platte Rivers.
* Visit Leland, Suttons Bay, Traverse City.
* Boat rentals on Glen Lake at the Narrows Marina.
* Dine at the many area restaurants.
Top Thing to do in Budget:
* Swim or sun-bathe at Empire Beach.
* Picnic and swim at North Bar Lake.
* Hike the Empire Bluff trail to Lake Michigan overlook.
* Evening campfire at Empire Beach.
* Climb the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore dune climb.
Top Thing to do in Family:
* Playgound equipment at Empire Beach.
* Visit Fishtown and the marina in Leland.
* Bicycle the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail.
* Fish in South Bar Lake.
* Visit the Museum and Coast Guard station at Glen Haven.
- Visitor center in Empire for the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park
- Museum depicting Empire's lumber and logging history
- Museum of early Lake Michigan boats at Glen Haven
- Old Coast Guard Station at Glen Haven
- Day trip to South Manitou Island leaving from Leland Michigan
- Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive just 5 minutes away
- Boat rental at the Narrows Marina on Glen Lake
- Swimming at North Bar or South Bar Lake
- Sugar sand beaches everywhere - Hiking trails throughout the national park
- Bicycle the new Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail to Glen Arbor
- Canoe, raft, tube or kayak the Crystal River 8 miles to the north
or the Platte River 10 miles to the south
- Golfing the many area courses
- Tour the Leelanau County roads to Glen Lake, Glen Arbor, Leland,
Northport, Sutton's Bay and Traverse City
- Attend a concert in the amphitheatre located at Interlochen,
the nationally acclaimed school for performing arts. (25 miles away)
- Pick blueberries in late July, August and early September
- 3 Fire pit rings at the beach
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
Weekly Rate: $1100 - $1750
Summer season weekly rate: June 25 - August 20. 2016 up to 5 people $1750
Mid season weekly rate: August 20 - August 27 up to 5 people $1325
Off season weekly rate: $1100 August 27 - June 17, 2017
3 day minimum (Off season only) rate: $192 per day up to 5 people
These rates include taxes and cleaning
A $350 deposit is required to reserve the house.
In addition to the payment
To book Park Place Guest House, a $350 refundable security deposit is required with the return of a signed rental agreement. Upon receipt of the security deposit, (payable by check), a written confirmation of the deposit and booking will be mailed. Payment in full is required 4 weeks prior to occupancy. Cancellation less than 4 weeks prior to occupancy is subject to forfeiture of the deposit.