|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This economical condo will not only be easy on your budget, but you can enjoy all of the amenities of an up-scale condo complex.
Vacationing at the beach with your family doesn't have to break the budget to relax and have fun. This clean, cozy condo will be just the right fit for the family who loves the beach and all of the related activities. You won't get a view, but you get all of the amenities of this complex: 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, fitness facility, sauna, and game room -all placed in the middle of a tropical paradise.
This condo is fully outfitted with everything you need to cook your own meals in the full kitchen or use the BBQ grill by the pool. The sleeping arrangements are 2 in the king size bed in the bedroom and queen sofa sleeper in the living room. The off-street parking garage is secured by a remote gate and security is on the premises. This complex is gated.
Any golf enthusiast in the family? If so, this complex is complete with a putting green where you can practice before visiting the nearby courses! Just a short walk puts you at the beach or at the harbor where you can enjoy a meal while watching the seals and seagulls or you can take your dream deep-sea fishing trip. A week is not enough time to spend in Oceanside. Once you experience this classic California beach town, you will be back year after year.
Please note this is an economy unit on the outside of the complex closest to Pacific St. The unit is right above the guest parking area, and close to the train tracks.
What Economy means:
Basic functional décor and furniture to reflect current industry trends. Not necessarily matching.
Kitchen/Bath - Basic cabinetry. Slightly dated appliances usually white or black in color. One oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, basic & fair quality cooking supplies, may be eclectically match pots/pans/flatware. Mainly unmatched drinking glasses, coffee mugs, and wine glasses of economy quality. Fair quality bedding, including bed pad, fitted sheet, flat sheet, and blanket/bedspread. Commonly have lower thread count. Extra pillows are unlikely. Fair quality of towels. Basic TV with DVD Player.
• Pots, pan and cooking utensils – New May 2014
• Iron – New May 2014
• Coffee Pot – New May 2014
• Sofa Sleeper - New Fall 2013
• Shower doors replaced – New Fall 2013
• Living room chair – New Fall 2013
• Microwave Oven – New Fall 2013
• Flat screen TV in living room – New Fall 2013
New Bedroom set and mattress - New Fall 2014
Carpets steam cleaned 2X a year
New Interior Pictures Nov 2014
Centrally located to all of these activities make staying here the perfect place to spend your days!
• Disneyland and California Adventure (60 Min) North on I-5 - Anaheim
• Knott's Berry Farm ( 70 Min ) North on I-5 – Buena Park
• Magic Mountain ( 2 Hours) North on I-5 – Santa Clarita
• Universal Studios (90 Min) North on I-5 – Universal City
• Balboa Island (55 Min) North I-5 to 73 N – Newport Beach
• La Jolla (40 Min ) South I-5 - LaJolla
• Queen Mary (1 ½ Hr) North I-5 to I-405 – Long Beach
• Mission San Juan Capistrano (30 Min) North on I-5 – San Juan Capistrano
• Mission San Luis Rey (10 Min) East Hwy 76 - Oceanside
• Buena Vista Lagoon (10 Min) South I-5 - Carlsbad
• San Diego Area State Parks
o Old Town San Diego State Historic Park (40 Min) South I-5 – San Diego
o Torrey Pines State Reserve (32 Min) South I-5 - LaJolla
• San Diego Wild Animal Park (40 Min) East Hwy 78 - Escondido
• Legoland California (15 Min) South I-5 - Carlsbad
• Sea World (45 Min) South I-5 – San Diego
• Mission Bay (40 Min) South I-5 – San Diego
• Seaport Village (45 Min) South I-5 – San Diego
• The Flower Fields of Carlsbad (15 Min) South I-5 - Carlsbad
• Temecula Wine Country – (45 Min) East Hwy 78, North I-15 - Temecula
• The World Famous San Diego Zoo (45 Min) South I-5 – San Diego
• The San Diego Padres and Petco Park (45 Min) I-5 South – San Diego
• Del Mar Fairgrounds & Racetrack (25 Min) I-5 South – Del Mar
• Coronado Island (45 Min) South I-5 - Coronado
• Oceanside Harbor (3 Min) North on North Pacific St to Harbor Dr. - Oceanside
• Oceanside Museum of Art (4 Min) South on N Pacific St, Surf Rider Way, N Ditmar - Oceanside
• San Diego Golf
o Emerald Isle Golf Course 4 Miles – Oceanside
o Oceanside Golf Course 6 Miles – Oceanside
o Arrowwood Golf Course 8 Miles – Oceanside
o El Camino Country Club 4 Miles - Oceanside
o The Crossings – 7 Miles – Carlsbad
o La Costa Resort & Spa – 10 Miles – Carlsbad
o Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course – 7 Miles – Carlsbad
o Aviara Golf Club – 10 Miles – Carlsbad
• Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institute of Oceanography (33 Min) I-5 South – San Diego
• Palomar Observatory ( 1 ½ Hr) Hwy 76 East – Palomar Mountain
Check in time is 3-5 pm at the HOA Office. $25 fee is charged if you need to come in later than 5 pm. Late check-in is handled by the security office at the front of the complex.
Review from FlipKey
Our stay was wonderful & met our needs. We especially enjoyed the memory foam mattress on the king bed. I have back problems do that was a pleasant surprise. We would definitely rent the unit again should we return to Oceanside for a "summer time" vacation!!
My only suggestion would be for clearer directions on how to find the main office when checking in....since you must park in the only parking lot available & check in through security. We drove around for a while trying to figure that out.
This is our first time renting at North Coast Village. We have previously rented vacation homes (but not condos) so I think we had reasonable expectations. The pictures on VRBO/homeway are accurate. The bed is comfortable, the carpets are clean. During our first week stay the hallways of our building were painted and the hallway carpet replaced. No smells or noise entered our unit. It is good to see the common areas are maintained. I would like to be able to say but I cannot say the same for the unit itself.
We were disappointed on arrival as some simple things in the condo unit should have been addressed prior to our arrival.
We entered our unit in the late afternoon on Feb 1 so it was near dusk. We flipped a few switches but no lights went on. Yes, a quick check showed most but not all of the lights work. [for the record -The bulbs in the recessed ceiling cans need replacing. The light on the patio needs replacing, a bulb above the bathroom vanity needs replacing. An end table fixture was unplugged as it had a broken bulb in it. ] Small touches that can be remedied easily. We immediately contacted the sales management but have not seen nor heard from anyone. We are renting for the month so it would have been nice to have timely follow up.
There are 4 bath towels, but only 1 hand towel and one washcloth. Hello?...what nonsense. And no dishtowels.
All the plates, glassware, utensils, pots had to be washed. Even the load in the dishwasher had to be done again ( the dishwasher LED indicated it was just run). It appears the cleaning staff(?) did not use detergent or ran a cycle that was not effective. We have subsequently run the dishwasher and it works though it seems to take 2 hours to cycle. As a paying renter I am galled that I have to do this amount of cleaning on first entering the unit, especially when a cleaning fee is added to our invoice.
The oven is filthy and there is no broiler pan to be found. - We have avoided using the oven.
One burner on the stove does not work, the light under the microwave does not work.
We have had the good fortune of warm weather. It would be nice to sit on the deck. However the inexpensive plastic deck chairs are filthy and broken.
The bathroom door knob needed to be screwed to the door - at least they left a screwdriver i could use. But this simple fix should have been done by the management retained by the owner.
We stay at North Coast Village every summer in July. We love the complex! We always rent a specific condo in the A building and found it was already booked this year. We booked this one and it had MANY problems!
- Carpet is commercial/industrial grade and was filthy - we had to wear shoes at all times to avoid pitch black feet!
- Kitchen is lacking in cooking utensils and pots and pans if you like to cook. There were three "sharp" knives in the unit but were so dull, cutting anything was nearly impossible! There microwave/stove condo is too big for the space so you cannot even open one of the kitchen cabinets.
- This unit had the most horrible bed I have ever slept on! Only one person could sleep on the king sized bed because you roll to the middle and it has ZERO support. Same goes for the sofa pullout. There were no sheets available for the pullout either!
- It is an extremely hot unit, and only one fan was provided. Luckily we travel with our own or we would have roasted each night!
- It was disclosed that the unit faces the parking lot and train, however, in reality it is right NEXT to the train tracks and EXTREMELY loud all night long. The windows cannot be closed because it is so hot inside.
- overall, this condo has bare minimal decor that looks like it came from garage sales. It appears the kitchen was redone, but that is about it.
- I would NOT recommend this unit! We enjoyed our vacation so much less because we were unable to sleep, and did not have the tools to cook and live in a "home away from home" environment.
We loved North Coast Village. The grounds are lovely, the pool is great, the rec room, gym, BBQs and koi fish were all pluses. Unfortunately, this unit has issues. The bed is very uncomfortable. Despite the memory foam pad, the mattress is sagging and when you lay on the bed you roll into the middle. The mattress needs to be replaced! It was so bad that we only stayed 2 of the 3 nights we booked. The dishwasher molding is falling off, the cutting board is broken in half, the frying pan handle is loose, and there is no stopper in the bathroom sink. There is a ceiling fan in the dining area over a bar height table and we termed it the "fan of death" as anyone who is above 6'1" could get a haircutt or walk into the low fan and become injured. The unit had not been well cleaned with black mold in the corners of the bathroom and dust all around. We were going to turn on a portable fan in the bedroom to cool the room down but it was so covered in dust that we decided against it. The celing fan in the bathroom is caked with dust, too. There was a blow up mattress in the closet so we decided to use it and it worked out nicely for our son, but there was an old pair of boys "the Hulk" dirty underware in the box so it was clear that the cleaning people were not very thorough. Some of the beach towels we found in the unit had not been washed and still had sand on them. The comforters in the closet also need washing. A wall outlet cover had exposed wires near the couch. The outlet cover near the kitchen counter is loose and hanging out from the wall. The refrigerator door creaks when you open and close it. Lastly, the internet at NCV is poor, but that is not an issue with this unit, but an issue with the internet at the complex as a whole. Don't count on using the wireless at NCV as it is very sporadic. Our son was able to get on youtube but only very sporadically. It would connect and then disconnect. I tried to get on my email and was unable to get a connection at all.
We were disappointed in the unit for several reasons; there were no hand towels or wash cloths supplied for the bathroom area, the noise level from the unit above included foot traffic (walking/running) and water running down the pipes and the internet connection was very slow. The location of the property was great and the overall property was kept up very nice. The laundry and parking facilities were great.
With an abundance of diverse activities and attractions, iTrip offers San Diego home rentals for everyone to enjoy! Ranked among the best climates in the world, the San Diego region is one of 5 locations in the world classified as a Mediterranean climate; characterized by warm dry summers, mild winters and a low annual rainfall with an average temperature of 70 degrees. San Diego’s 70 miles of gorgeous beaches, amazing attractions, and sunny weather are the perfect ingredients for great family vacations. Kids will love the variety of attractions including Sea World, Belmont Park, San Diego Zoo & Safari Park, Birch Aquarium, and Legoland. Parents will enjoy San Diego’s thriving downtown, sport venues, great shopping, and the many golf courses.
While staying at one of our San Diego home rentals, you can enjoy the glorious beach communities, while still being only minutes away from all the amenities and attractions that the city of San Diego has to offer. For outside, active fun, you can enjoy golfing, swimming, fishing, boating, snorkeling, surfing, kayaking, biking, hiking, hang gliding, and whale watching when in season. For some inside time, our San Diego home rentals are near everything from luxurious art galleries to charming boutiques.
Also, while staying at one of our San Diego home rentals, we recommend the trolley tour through the city of San Diego. The tour begins at the Old Town Market and allows visitors to explore the busy Harbor where there are museums, harbor cruises, and whale watching excursions. Seaport Village is another great destination that offers cobblestone pathways that will lead you to one-of-a-kind shops, an antique carousel, street performers, face-painters, musicians and other entertainers. Moving a little further south you will find the Gas Lamp Quarter that is home to 70 restaurants along with shopping at Horton Plaza. Ferries depart several times a day to Coronado Island where Historic Hotel Del awaits to be explored along with shopping at exquisite boutiques. Balboa Park, the largest urban cultural park in the U.S., is home to 15 museums, numerous art galleries, beautiful gardens and the Tony Award-winning Old Globe Theatre along with the World Famous San Diego Zoo. Take a day to explore Little Italy’s Antique shops, authentic Italian food and a Saturday Mercato Farmers Market. Mission Beach along with San Diego’s only beachfront amusement park (Belmont Park) offers a great day of sand, surf and fun. San Diego also offers annual special events and unique holiday offerings, multicultural festivals and celebrations, colorful neighborhoods and communities, a rich military history and much more.
iTrip offers a variety of San Diego home rentals, including San Diego cottage rentals. Research and book worry-free one of our San Diego home rentals today for the chance to explore all the amazing attractions it has to offer!