Elevate your Rocky Mountain retreat at 'The Wolf Den,' a 3-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom log cabin in Pagosa Springs, that sleeps 6. Situated just steps from Lake Pagosa, this rustic-yet-updated abode boasts phenomenal views of the mountains and lake from the covered, furnished deck and a terrific location 5 miles from town and 25 miles from Wolf Creek Ski Area. This forested property offers privacy along with the ideal Colorado experience - great for hiking, skiing, fishing, and relaxation alike!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed
As you pull into the 4-car gravel driveway, you'll know you made the right decision in choosing 'The Wolf Den' as your Colorado home base. Surrounded by towering trees with a limited edition D-Log cabin design, this property exudes mountain living!
Welcoming you to the cabin, an outstretched covered deck is furnished with a large, comfortable couch with easy access to the adjacent gas grill. Framing beautiful views of the nearby mountains and Lake Pagosa, the deck begs you to sit back and relax before even having a chance to unpack!
Upon entering the charming interior, you'll find a continuation of the mountain-life theme, with wood walls and ceilings, tasteful cabin-motif decor and a stone-lined gas fireplace extending all the way up to the wood beams over head.
Mounted above the fireplace is a 60-inch flat-screen cable TV, placed in front of the plush, leather living room furniture - ideal for staying entertained when you're not exploring the Colorado wilderness. Just off the living area, you'll find a 8-person dining table and a fully equipped galley-style kitchen with new stainless steel appliances.
If you prefer to spend your downtime outdoors, you'll love having both a covered deck and fenced backyard, with lake views and beautiful aspen trees, at your disposal! After a day spent skiing, snowboarding, fishing, hiking, or enjoying any number of nearby outdoor activities, toss your clothes in the washer or dryer and head outside to watch the sun set. At the end of the evening, you'll be delighted to retire to any of the 3 cozy bedrooms, all furnished with Tempurpedic mattresses.
This cabin's private-yet-convenient Pagosa Springs location is simply unbeatable! Nestled in a quiet community, you'll be mere steps from Lake Pagosa, stocked with both trout and bass several times per year. This makes for great year-round fishing, including excellent ice fishing in the winter.
Spend the day exploring the 3-million-acre San Juan National Forest within minutes of the property. The convenient location of the cabin is great for wildlife viewing (elk, deer, and the occasional bear) and bird watching (hummingbirds frequent the area). If you crave a bit more adrenaline, miles and miles of mountain biking trails are within 1 mile of the property - great for biking and trail running in the summer and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. For even more natural splendor, visit Durango, just 1 hour away!
'The Wolf Den' offers a prime locale just 25 miles from the Wolf Creek Ski Resort and 7 miles from the luxurious, healing Pagosa Hot Springs Spa, making it the perfect solution for year-round outdoor fun and relaxation. Other popular activities in the area include hot air ballooning, golf, horseback riding, ice skating on River Center Pond, snow sledding or tubing, sleigh rides, snowmobile tours, and more!
If the weather's not on your side but you'd like to stay active, don't worry! Take advantage of the property's access to the nearby Pagosa Lakes Recreation Center with the payment of a small fee upon arrival. Here, you'll find an indoor, heated saltwater pool, a small children's pool, a fitness center, and more!
You'll love the property's proximity to uptown Pagosa Springs's markets, grocery shopping, and local restaurants. The historic downtown is also just 5 miles away, home to festivals, events, live music, breweries, local shops, and restaurants, and the San Juan River Walk.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with new stainless steel appliances, 4-person dining table, gas fireplace, free WiFi, 60-inch flat-screen cable TV, mud room, laundry room with full-sized washer/dryer, fenced backyard, covered deck with mountain/lake views, patio furniture, gas grill, Tempurpedic mattresses, 4-car driveway, and more!
- Experience the best of both worlds! Forested, private lot just steps from fishing in Lake Pagosa (fishing permit required) and Pagosa Lakes Recreation Center (access to pools and fitness center for small additional fee, paid on arrival)! Close to Wolf Creek Ski Area, Pagosa Hot Springs Spa, golf courses, uptown/downtown, and year-round outdoor adventure! 1 hour to Durango
- Closest Airport: Durango–La Plata County Airport - 1000 Airport Rd, Durango, CO 81303, ~ 55 miles from property
- Closest Major Airport: Albuquerque International Sunport - 2200 Sunport Blvd, Albuquerque, NM 87106, ~ 200 miles from property
- Closest International Airport: Denver International Airport - 8500 Peña Blvd, Denver, CO 80249 (~310 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Owners are open to same or next day bookings (please inquire with Evolve)
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in