Relax and enjoy in our 2000 sq.foot villa and private varanda on our beautiful 2 1/2 acre estate surrounded by 8,500 Avocado Trees. Walking paths, and panoramic views, tours available for hiking or four wheel rides. With lovely fountians and lush gardens you will feel far away from the city but you are only a few minutes from many activties. After taking a dip in pool with the picturesque view of the valley or unwinding in the jacauzzi enjoy a glass of wine as you barbeque at the poolside . Enjoy relaxing for a sunrise or sunset on the veranda . No need to over pack we have a fully equipped laundry room or we are minutes from shopping .
Guest House 3 bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 6 Sleeps
About Linda Bruce
Our family moved here after My husband builit our home for us and his parents. They have since then moved on from this world. As we feel homes need to be lived in we want to share our guest house with others.
Linda Bruce purchased this Guest House in 2000
Why Linda Bruce chose Simi Valley
We brought this property and developed it into what it is today. Our children grew up on the ranch, my husband and I moved to Simi when we were first married.
What makes this Guest House unique
We have a beautiful setting. Three custom buildings, surrounded by the avocado orchard. There are trails to walk on to see the views of Thousand Oaks, Moorpark, and Simi Valley.
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Stunning landscapes, peaceful, well appointed home.
This is a most lovely location, easy to find and very comfortable. It is a bit unusual to be so close to the owners but they were really not visible as they go about their daily lives and yet responsive to questions and requests. The house is open and airy and the grounds are impeccable.
Thank you so much . We enjoyed your visit
Lovely stay on avacado ranch!
This is a beautiful property close to LA. There were five of us for six days and the guest house is lovely and expansive and the grounds are peaceful and sublime. Linda was great and super responsive to our needs and provided many special touches that we greatly appreciated, from high quality bathroom products to a welcome basket with wine and goodies. Our only suggestion might be to think about an upgrade for the entertainment center -- a bigger TV would definitely be a plus for movie watching!! Other than that, it's a great getaway with some terrific hikes right out side the door.
Thank you for your kind review. We enjoyed having your family as our guests. We will definitely take your recommendation under consideration. Hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
We could not have imagined how beautiful this home was going to be. Beautiful home, spectacular setting, very private and the owners went overboard to make sure everything was perfect.
Thank you for your gracious review. We enjoyed having you and your family as our guests. Looking forward to your return visit in the future.
Very nice guest house, situated on a gorgeous property. Linda, the host, is very responsive and communicative. A couple things to keep in mind:
1) This is a guest house, with the owners/hosts living on the main property about 15 feet away from the guest house. Not a huge deal, unless you are looking for more privacy. But it will certainly feel like you are "sharing" the property with the owners during your stay.
2) There is one full bath, one 3/4 bath, and one 1/2 bath (the 3/4 bath has a bathtub, but no shower). Since there is only 1 shower, this may pose a challenge for larger groups.
3) The communal pool is beautiful, but it is located directly outside the owner's house, meaning that host's living room directly overlooks the pool. This may not work for you, if you are expecting your own private pool.
Assuming you are comfortable with all of the above, this is a great place to stay!
Thank you for your kind review. We enjoyed having you for our guests.
To our future guests a few things to keep in mind.
1) The guest house is part of a 3 acre compound situated inside a 68 acre avocado grove. The guest house is 80 feet away from main residence and positioned for maximum privacy.
2) Guest house contains two master suites, one with walk in shower and one with deep soaking tub. Also a guest bedroom and guest bath inside generous living areas of 2000 sq ft.
3) Pool and spa are located 70' down slope from main residence and 30' from pool house with outside shower. Pool area shares beautiful views of golf course , clubhouse and surrounding mountain and valley. Pool access is available 24/7 to our guests. Pool and spa are for the exclusive use of property owners and guests and is in no way a communal pool.
Amazing, relaxing home
The house is a lovely home. It's peaceful and beautiful my grandparents and parents loves it and my kids never wanted to leave. I highly recommend this home
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad your family had a wonderful time. It was a pleasure having you stay at Rancho Codo.
Hope to see you again
Our family thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful property. The location was quiet, gorgeous and maintained to perfection. This "hacienda-style guesthouse" was hardly a guesthouse! It was large enough for the 6 of us, furnished for comfort and sophistication. The owner's attention to detail created such a lovely, relaxed place to reconnect and enjoy our family weekend. The pool and hot tub were spectacular and hikes around the avocado trees were truly a lovely experience. Everything exceeded our expectations, thanks to these gracious hosts. Hoping we can revisit...soon!
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Hope that another visit is in your future travel plans.
Relax and enjoy in our 2000 Sq.Ft. Villa, with privite veranda on 68 acre Estate surrounded by 8600 avocado trees. Walking paths with panoramic and spectacular views, tours available for hiking or 4x4 ATV rides. Lovely fountains and lush gardens you will feel far away from the city, but are only a few minutes from many activities. After taking a dip in the pool, with picturesque views of the valley or unwind in the spa, enjoy a glass of wine as you barbequea at the poolside. Enjoy a relaxing view of the sunrise or sunset on the veranda. No need to overpack , there is a fully equipped kitchen and lanundry room. We are only minutes from shopping for items you might need.
Also only a short distance away is the Ronald Regan Library, that has spectacular views also.