|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
* The "Cottage on the Lake" is one of the most relaxing and fun spots to be.
* Huge deck for sunning, relaxing, dining, kids play.
* 3 Bedrooms, 2 baths. King Master Bedroom, queen guestroom and twin beds guestroom. Sleep 6 in beds and optional 2 more on pull out queen sofa in living room.
* Fishermans dream on Watts Bar Lake.
* Kids love the shallow lake entry for water play.
* Firepit with Water View, site out and watch the stars and hear the geese and ducks on the water, by a nice fire (bring your own firewood)
*Remodeled inside and outside with large bedrooms, living room, large screened in porch that over looks beautiful Watts Bar Lake.
* Great gradual sloped lake lot with easy walk to the dock and boathouse.
We were notified by the owner by email on the day of check in, when we were half way to the property, that he had extended the stay of the current renters and we no longer had a place to stay. He would not answer his phone but after many back to back calls, I finally got him to answer, which he then proceeded to blame the whole thing on homeaway. He was traveling and didn't want to be bothered with dealing with this. I had to be stern in order to get him to at least call VRBO so I could move forward with finding another place (which was another nightmare). I would not recommend this place or owner to anyone. I wouldn't wish this disaster on my worst enemy. Talk about destroying a vacation.
We spent 5 days at the Cottage on the Lake and had very good time. The kitchen was well equipped and had everything I needed to fix a big Thanksgiving meal. The living area, bedrooms and bathrooms were large and comfortable. I found renting from this owner to be a positive experience and would stay at the cottage again.
We stayed at this home two months ago and we had a wonderful time and loved the home. We planned to return again but it has been two months and just got the deposit back and the check was returned for insufficient funds. We are pretty upset about the amount of time it has taken to get $500 back. Be cautious!
One word to describe the cottage on the lake, AWESOME. The house is well equipped & we had everything we needed for a great vacation. Unfortunately, it rained all week but we were better able to enjoy this ideal property. The kids enjoyed all of the board games & we rarely used the TV, which was ideal. A great place to enjoy your family without being crowded. Wireless was stable & satellite TV was also a nice feature when we occasionally "caught up with the real world". The owners were very helpful & accommodating & the house had everything that was advertised. This house is very upscale for a lake rental & the dock easily handled 2 boats. Even the neighbors were friendly. I can't say enough about what a great time we had & we will definitely rent from Steve & Ann again.
We absolutely LOVED staying here. It was much nicer than most lake houses, very well taken care of and cutely decorated. Awesome porch and such a cozy environment. We will definitely be back!
Earlier this summer my husband and I enjoyed a long weekend on Watts Barr Lake with our toddler and inlaws. We really enjoyed this beautifully decorated lake house and all the amenities it had to offer. The 3 bedrooms are spacious and comfortable and the entire property was very clean and well maintained. One of the rooms has 2 beds and is large enough to easily accommodate a pack and play for those needing more room for the family! Laundry facilities were available, but we didn't need to use them. The kitchen is very well equipped and of modern decor and finishing. The family living room has games and dvds on offer but we really didn't use these as we spent our time on the huge deck or down on the lake.
The back deck over looks the lake, and the water begins shallow enough for toddlers to splash around in under supervision from the chairs located by the lakeside.
We enjoyed grilling and eating outside, but also visited one of the local restaurants one night, and spotted several others that were in a short driving distance. The morning we left a family were preparing to move in for a month, and I was very jealous but we are now preparing to book a long weekend for this fall!
I cannot wait!
Top Thing to do in City:
* Great Fishing.
* Water Skiiing.
* Boating and Tubing.
* Trout Fishing.
Top Thing to do in Budget:
* Family Picnic.
* Hiking on Cumberland Mountain.
* Boating at local restaurants.
* Water Skiiing.
Top Thing to do in Family:
* Water Skiiing.
* Fishing for Bass, crappie, blue gill and strippers on Watts Bar Lake
* Several restaurants and bars on the water close enough to ride by boat
* Smooth water with little boat traffic for great water skiiing & tubing
* Close to golf & fly fishing on the Cumberland Mountains
* Knoxville Tennessee is 40 minute drive for dining, shopping and UT Football!
* Gatlinburg and Smoky Mountains are 1.5 hours away
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Nightly Rate: $180 - $195
Weekly Rate: $950 - $1200
Monthly Rate: $1950 - $3900
$180/night(2 nt min.) or $950 /wk after Halloween October 31 thru April 1
$195/night(2 nt min.) or $1,200/wk April 1 thru Halloween October 31
Refundable security deposit required-$500
Please contact Steve for more information and booking
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.