Available year round (call for off season pricing). Corner Cottage is an exceptional place to get away anytime of the year. You will feel cared for and pampered in our vacation home.
Located in the popular Floradale Association, this 2-story, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home is well suited for single family or multi-family use. An upstairs loft area provides another place in the cottage where people can sit and talk, play games, watch tv, etc.
Corner Cottage is located in one of the most private areas in Floradale - on a corner with woods in the back, a large front yard, and a vacant lot on the side. There is plenty of parking available for cars, trailers, dune vehicles, etc. Behind the woods is an easily accessible 2-track seasonal road. Wonderful for a relaxing walk.
While the summer months are especially beautiful and full of activity, Corner Cottage is available for rent year round. Consider spending your off-season vacation enjoying the spectacular fall colors, skiing, snowmobiling, or simply relaxing by the fireplace with a great book.
# 7003557 Cozy Cottage (423 Dune Scooter Mears, MI 49436)
- built by owner spring 2010
- located 2 lots away
- same basic size/layout as Corner Cottage
- 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, sleeps 13 plus a full size sleeper sofa
Association benefits include:
* access to 400' of sandy Silver Lake beach front
* boat slips available - you can leave your watercraft moored during your stay (let us know ahead to ensure availability)
* heated in-ground pool w/slide
* tennis court
* tether ball
Beautifully decorated, Corner Cottage's name reflects it's location - corner of 22nd and Dune Scooter. Built to sleep up to 13 (plus 1 full size sleeper sofa), this cottage is in a GREAT location:
* 1/2 mi from the shared beach on Silver Lake and 1/4 mi from assoc. pool/tennis courts/basketball/clubhouse, etc.
* less than 2 mi from the historic Little Point Sable lighthouse (tours available), and incredible Lake Michigan beaches
* approx. 1 mi from multiple sources of ice cream (very important!), Craig's Cruisers (miniture golf, go-carts, slick track, zipline, bumper boats, arcade), a bakery, gift shops, restaurants, the Parkside Store (small grocery store that also sells firewood), a gas station (also various supplies and some groceries) and Mac Woods Dune Rides.
Venture a little further and find fresh fruit/veg stands and public access where you can climb the dunes or sit and watch the dune buggies as they navigate the sandy hills. From the top of the dunes you will have a breathtaking view of Silver Lake and Lake Michigan at the same time. Sunsets from this vantage point are absolutely spectacular!!
Nearby spots within 15 - 20 min travel by car include:
Access points to the beautiful 25mi long Hart - Montague paved bike trail, Pentwater Lake and its charming downtown, Hart, Shelby, Stony Lake, golfing, horseback riding and the Silver Lake Sand Dragway.
20 - 45 min by car gets you to:
Muskegon (lots of shopping!), Ludington, and Michigan Adventure Amusement and Water Park.
Silver Lake is a great lake for kids! It has a sandy bottom and stays shallow for quite a ways on the Floradale Assoc. beach side of the lake. On the dunes side, the bottom drops off sharply which allows for easy access by boat and great swimming right next to the shore.
Silver Lake water conditions can range from completely still to white caps. This allows for many activities: fishing, sailing, boating, skiing, windsurfing, swimming, tubing, etc...
Please, no smoking in the cottage or on the porches.
No pets (sorry).
We enjoyed our stay very much at Corner Cottage! Tom and Susan's home came supplied with many items that normally is not supplied with most homes. In addition to having so many supplies, their home was very clean and homey! Thank you for making our stay very enjoyable! Carl and Diane
Corner Cottage : We had a great family vacation.
Owner has kept this property like own home, which says it all :)
- Communication is up to the mark.
- Fully Loaded, you will only need cloths and food.
- 10 mins walk to beach.
- Nice wifi Speed.
- Association has Swmiing pool, Basket ball and Tennis court.
- Dune Ride, Light House, Boat Rentals, Sad Dunes.. everything is within 10min drive.
Will surely recommend for people of all age groups, if you visiting silver lake.
Great communication from owner. Very clean place, great layout, all the amenities, close to town, great yard and bonfire pit. You will love this place.
Our family spent this past weekend at Silver Lake in the beautiful corner cottage. There were 7 adults and 8 children (ages 1 - 13). The home was furnished with everything that a family needs, very clean and well-maintained, and is decorated beautifully. We enjoyed using the games, art supplies, puzzles, outdoor play equipment that is waiting up there to be used. The kids played in the club house,had a fire in the outdoor pit, we hiked, went to the lighthouse on Lake Michigan and even climbed the sand dunes and watched the vehicles racing on the dunes. It was a great place to be as a family. Would highly recommend this home as a family get together! We hope to be back there too!
My fiance and I planned a fall weekend getaway for a group of 8. A week before our getaway and everyone backs out but us. Nonetheless, we loved the cabin. The interior furnishing and community amenities were truly above and beyond our expectations. It was clean, cozy, quaint, and peaceful.
Corner Cottage is an OUTSTANDING cabin, I would recommend to anyone!
My fiance and I planned a fall weekend getaway for a group of 8. Week before our getaway and everyone backed out but us. The interior furnishing and community amenities were truly above and beyond our expectations. It was cozy, quaint, and peaceful.
Corner Cottage is an OUTSTANDING cabin, I would recommend Corner Cottage to anyone!
Top Thing to do in City:
* Experience the Dunes on your own or on a Mac Woods Dune Ride.
* Enjoy the Lake (swimming, boating,etc.).
* Get ice cream (Country Dairy/Whippy Dip/Bubba Q's).
* Tube the channel from Stony Lake to Lake Michigan.
* Enjoy cherry strudel from the Cherry Point Market.
Top Thing to do in Budget:
* Climb the Dunes.
* Watch the sunset.
* Visit Little Point Sable Lighthouse.
* Relax at the beach or pool with a good book.
* Get Ice Cream.
Top Thing to do in Family:
* Have a campfire/make smores.
* Race each other down a dune.
* Play games/watch movies/do puzzles.
* Bike the Hart-Montague Trail.
* Go to Craigs Cruisers.
thinkdunes is a great source of information about the Silver Lake area