|Minimum Stay||4 - 29 nights|
If your looking for a blissful vacation then this Lido Beach Lagre Studio is your best bet. It is steps from the beach and St.Armands Circle. with a variety of shopping, entertainment and dining establishments. Perfect for watersports enthusiats, boating fishing, kyaking. Parks. Comfortable king Size bed. Living room area and Full kitchen with counter bar for eating . Step out of the French doors onto the Large wood deck with huge umbrella and chairs and grill for cooking out. King size bed and sleeper sofa. No cats
What a wonderful way to wind down from moving out of my home of 18 years in Sarasota! Me two dogs and a grown daughter all with plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Mr. Webb was very kind and we appreciated meeting him. Thank you Webb family for allowing us to stay in your cozy cottage with the big deck.
This little place is the smaller part of an already modest house which has been divided into two apartments. I would say “bungalow”, but that implies a bit more charm than is present here, although it could be really sweet with a face-lift. Be aware that the listing photo is of the front, but the unit itself is in back.
1) Location is great. The beach is about a three-minute walk away.
2) The neighborhood is quiet. One of the reviews suggests an easy walk to St. Armand’s Circle, but I would say for much of the year it’s too hot to walk.
3) New wall-mounted air conditioner. More about this below, but it cools well.
4) Comfortable king bed.
5) Ernie, the owner and caretaker, is a sweetheart; helpful and accommodating.
6) Comfortable beach chairs provided.
7) Functional gas BBQ provided, with fuel.
8) Good internet and tv.
9) Unit was fairly clean and showed no evidence of rodents.
10) All exterior walls have glass louvers; lots of natural light.
1) The aforementioned a/c is quite loud even at the lowest fan setting, and makes an annoying clattering noise audible under the fan. My wife needed earplugs to sleep.
2) The whole place has the feeling of an afterthought. The furniture, while comfortable enough, is mismatched and dated, like thrift store finds. The bedroom set in particular is an unfortunate style I call “disco pimp”, all sharp angles, gloss black and brass. Add in a few decades of wear, break the corner off the mirror, and you’ll have it.
3) The listing indicates a washer and dryer, but doesn’t mention that they are coin-op ($2 per wash/$.75 dry) and located outside the house under a sort of lean-to arrangement with a plastic shower curtain in front in an effort to keep out the worst of the weather. An extra fun feature of this arrangement is the wasp nest overhead, adding a bit of sport and exercise to laundry time. Don’t leave your laundry; if the cleaning crew is working on the front unit while you’re doing your wash, they will take your stuff out and pile it on the rusty top in order to do their linens.
4) Listing also includes a dishwasher, which I suppose is accurate if you include yourself. There is no actual appliance to wash dishes for you.
5) There is a smell when you first enter, a product mostly of age and the olfactory remnants of the furnishings’ former lives, overlaid with just a faint whiff of urine. We used up several scented candles and assorted room fresheners.
We stayed for the month of February and had a wonderful time. The unit has a great deck that is very quiet and gets some sun and shade. Easy walk to St. Armonds Circle and an easy drive to shopping in downtown Sarasota. The unit was fine for the two of us and the dog, but a guest would not have much privacy. The unit had everything you would need for a stay, but it is dated. The floors needs refinishing, needs some paint on the exterior and some repairs to the deck. While it would be nice to have the updates, we had no problems and will be returning next winter.
We were delighted with the studio apartment. It was well furnished and very comfortable. The kitchen had everything we would want and the large coffeemaker was most appreciated by this coffee drinking couple. We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was. We never heard the people in the apartment rental next to us, in spite of the fact they were having a large family get together. The beach chairs were great to have and easy to carry the 1.5 blocks away to the beach. We loved Lido Key and would want to come back again and again.
Lots of space for a studio. It's quiet, clean and an easy walk to the beach. The deck is not completely fenced in, my pup enjoyed our walks on the island. I would definitely stay here again!
Top Thing to do in City:
* Visit the beach and sunbathe.
* Swim at the public pool.
* Shop on St. Armands Circle.
Top Thing to do in Budget:
* Picinic at thePublic Parks on Lido.
* Watch the sunsets....
Top Thing to do in Family:
* Visit John Ringling Museum.
* Jungle Gardens.
* Selby Gardens.
* Big Cat Habitat..
This Studio features a cable TV/DVD Player and wireless internet access. There are French Doors that open up to the large private, quiet Wooden Deck where you can sunbath on the lounge chairs or grill out and eat outside under the large umbrella. The studio is just steps to the public beach pavillion where you can swim/lounge and get refreshments or just enjoy the beach. There are a numerous beach bars, cafes and restaurants and shops within easy reach.
|Cleaning||$90 + Tax|
Weekly Rate: $400 - $700
Monthly Rate: $400 - $700
Rates vary depending on season. Jan through April is high season. Tax is 12% payment for high season and certain holidays is due upon the making of the reservation
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.