Cossington Park which has extensive and beautifully maintained gardens – suiting all ages . Totally secluded yet just a short walk from the village pub, it makes an excellent base from which to explore (see location).
Park Cottage has two delightful bedrooms on the first floor and a ground floor bedroom plus 2 bathrooms. There is a large well equipped country kitchen/diner/sitting room which opens out on to decking and a private garden. There is furniture to dine al fresco and a barbecue. Freeview TV, DVD player and games console available. Outside are: extensive lawn and flower borders; ‘ha-ha’ with feature bridge; paddock with apples; games field; kitchen garden; garden; walled vegetable garden. Indoor and outdoor games including table tennis and badminton. There is also a childrens playground for the little ones. Pets are welcome!
We can offer beauty treatments, catering, archery, falconry, ballooning, Owl Prowl, Badger Watch and much more some of which is on site.
* We nurture some special trees;
* We keep a wild garden at the end of our paddock, which is loved by butterflies;
* Our Paddock has lots of rare cowslips
* We have three ponds that are abundantly supplied with newts, including the endangered great crested newt
* We have solar panels and a biomas boiler.
For Garden Lovers: Cossington Park's own gardens have some interesting features:
• An old and extremely rare species of Chinese Elm, brought here by the Owner's ancestors from China, believed to be the only one of its type and age in the UK (the UK's most eminent tree experts have been unable to match it exactly to any known species)
• A wide variety of old English apples trees
• Several ponds with great crested newts
• Rare cowslips
• A fine clump of lime trees
In addition there are many gardens open to the public within a day's visit from Cossington Park.