Santa Barbara Vacation Rental is within a true adobe home. Built in 1948 with clay from the site, this home is surrounded by beautiful landscaping. Located on the "Mesa", this vacation rental only two blocks from a secluded beach primarily used by locals, and only minutes away from downtown attractions! This unique adobe vacation rental will truly add to your Santa Barbara vacation, relaxing in the comforts of a beachside neighborhood that most travelers are never able to experience!
"Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful home with us. We really enjoyed our stay!"
This property had an absolute lovely garden but the patio furniture needed pads to be comfortable. The unit itself heeded a new sofa and bed as both were very uncomfortable. The TV was a very old 16 inch old style with poor color. The kitchen was very minimal and I had to ask to have the toaster oven replaced because it looked like a fire hazard and was very dirty. The neighborhood was quiet and it was easy to drive to town or the beach. This would be a superior place to stay if improvements were made.
Loved the neighborhood, loved the patio and the living space, loved the proximity to the beach and hiking trails, loved the hosts, and loved Santa Barbara! Very convenient and easy place to stay within walking distance to some great restaurants and markets. Hot tub in the private patio was a bonus. The beach was beautiful and a short walk away. Very quiet and safe neighborhood... mostly kick-back kind of locals and families. Hosts are very knowledgable about the area... ask them about good hiking trails... We will most definitely be back!
This place was wonderful! It was so nice and clean and was perfect for me and my boyfriend to stay. I would recommend this place to anyone hoping to stay in a wonderful, and private sanctuary setting in Santa Barbara only blocks from the ocean. It was quiet and peaceful with a beautiful yearn, hot tub and privacy. Walking distance from the stores and in general very conveniently located.
I have stayed here twice - once on my own a couple of years ago and again recently with my husband. It was perfect for our needs both times. We had a rental car, but we hardly needed to use it, except for a few out of town trips we had already planned. The Mesa is low key and local, but I like it much better than touristy downtown SB. We walked the beach every day, strolled to The Boathouse for breakfast, and walked up the road in the evenings for tacos, tapas, or Thai food. Loved the private yard with hot tub, and the little stove inside for fire watching. It really felt like our own place. The owners didn't disturb us at all, yet they were more than happy to answer questions and help out if we needed. If you want a romantic, low-key and local, steps-from-the-beach, quiet and private vacation spot, and you don't need fancy cooking equipment or a gourmet kitchen, this place is just great. We will definitely be back.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. Beautiful adobe style rental that was well furnished plus a kitchenette that was fully equiped. The rental is larger than the photo would suggest. We were here during a very rainy week -- the woodstove-like heater and the outside hot tub both were indispensable. With the lovely landscaping, we felt we had our own private retreat.
Top Thing to do in City:
* Dining at one of our many wonderful restaurants.
* Museums, Mission, Historic Sightseeing.
* Hiking, Biking, Walking, Golfing.
* Swimming, surfing, boating, kayaking.
Top Thing to do in Budget:
* Enjoy nature.
* Window shop on State Street.
* Walk on our beach at low tide.
* Visit the Mission, Botanic Garden or other scenic attraction.
* Browse the weekend Art Faire.
Top Thing to do in Family:
* Enjoy nature.
* Visit Kids World, Chase Palm Park or one of our beautiful parks.
* Enjoy the beach.
* Hike along a creek.
* Stroll down State Street.
* Santa Barbara offers something for everybody. Whether you enjoy dining, shopping, sightseeing or active sports like hiking, biking or swimming, everything can easily be accessed from our beautiful studio.
* From our studio you can enjoy miles of walking on the beach, Wilcox property undeveloped open space, and even walk to the Wharf via scenic Shoreline Park.
* Biking is endless from here, a short ride to many fine restaurants or parks, and long bike rides on beautiful bikepaths to UCSB and other picturesque locations.
* With the ocean nearby, it is very easy to swim, surf, kayak, stand-up paddle, sunset sails, cruises the the SB Channel Islands and much more - rentals are easy and close by.
* With our beautiful mountains, there are countless miles of wilderness trails for hiking and biking.