|Space||1,200 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Listen to the creek rushing past the back porch! Within walking distance of the South Toe River with excellent fly fishing! Our cabin is an almost new 2 bedroom 1 bath log cabin with a wood burning fireplace. Located in the shadows of Mt Mitchell, highest peak in the eastern US, and just 3 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 344 and less than an hour to Asheville, about 2 hours to Charlotte. We are located less than 2 miles to Setrock Falls, Roaring Fork Falls, Black Mountain Campground, Mt Mitchell Golf Course. The South Toe River valley is an outstanding trout fishing area with numerous hiking trails and the national forest is across the street. Our cabin is about an hour's drive from Asheville between Marion, Lake Tahoma and Burnsville. Short drive to Mount Mitchell State Park, Lynville Falls, Grandfather Mountain, Chimney Rock, Biltmore Estate, The Penland Crafts/Art Center, Little Switzerland, and Spruce Pine.
Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. We have 24/7 secure reservation system with more photos, details, and we take all major credit cards. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best. Give us a call for that link and we'll "git'er done"
We live in the area and have been serving Burnsville for 10 years.
JGEH purchased this cabin in 2006
The weekend couldn't have been more perfect! This was the 10th year that my sister and I have gone away on a special weekend in the mountains together, and we agreed that Tsunaga cabin is where we want to continue going. Actually, this is the gift we give to each other for Christmas and birthday gifts. With both of us being breast cancer survivors, being together in a special, relaxing place is far more important than things. Please let the owners know how much we enjoyed their wonderful cabin and that we WILL be back!!
Thank YOU for helping us when we had to postpone the weekend twice due to snow. The weather was terrific this time. Enjoy your summer. Neel
It doesn't get any better than a vacation in our favorite spot!
My husband and I enjoyed this well appointed cabin in the woods by a babbling creek so much! It was the perfect antidote from the hustle/bustle of everyday life. The cabin is just as described----a short distance from the Blue Ridge Parkway. We bought groceries in Marion on the way up the first day. The inside of the cabin is really like new with very nice furnishings, modern kitchen and we loved having the washer and dryer. We hiked to both the waterfalls which are very nearby and went to Mount Mitchell. Also visited Biltmore and Asheville. Most of all, we enjoyed the peace and quiet of this place. The interior of the cabin was very clean and the beds were comfortable with nice linens. The only minor negative: When we arrived, the porch was thick with leaves and the outdoor furniture was dirty. Maybe there was a gap between renters and the porch was left for a week or so. Anyway, it did not dampen our enthusiasm for this dear little cabin in the woods!
We had a much needed getaway. The cabin is everything we thought it would be! Being familiar with the area, we knew to get groceries in Burnsville. We had fun exploring the area and found it convenient to Asheville as well as Boone. Can't wait to come back up to the mountains!
We were so happy with our stay at Tsunaga. Our first night we sat on the porch and listened to the rain. The porch is huge and had plenty of chairs. We hiked Mt Mitchell summit, Crabtree falls, Setrock falls, and tubed down the Toe River (Loafers Glory Tube rentals). Our youngest son loved how we could walk right in front of the cabin to the creek. The water was a little low which was a blessing to our 11 year old since we were able to walk the creek for at least a mile. The cabin was perfect for our family. I loved the open floor plan and large dining table which we enjoyed morning, noon, and evening. We did have one meal out which was fabulous. It was after our tubing trip at a small diner "Bonnie & Clydes". We loved the seclusion as well as the close proximity of the parkway and numerous hiking opportunities. We are already talking about when we can return to Tsunaga. Thank you!
Although the cabin is very simple, it is cozy and homey. It sits just a few feet from the Toe River and you can hear the water run from your bedroom and LR. We enjoyed the fire place during the chilly mornings and evenings. Would have helped if the cabin has a better and modern TV, instead of the old 22" analog it has. It's not the first time we visit North Carolina, unfortunately we have to say we were very disappointed with the area, we felt we were quite apart from everything, 40' drive just to get to the nearest supermarket Walmart. The towns around 45' plus drive were tiny and could not find anything really worth mentioning. Asheville worth the 90 minutes drive is the only place to go for a visit. The view from Mount Mitchel, the highest point in the Appalachian mountains also not worth to mention. Visit Roaring falls just 5 minutes drive and the 1/2 mile walk, nice fall, around 120 feet long all together. We cannot mention any other attraction , restaurant or anything else we were please with. We don't recommend the area, at least during winter time. We were a family of 4 with a little child and a teenager.
From rambling over gravel roads looking for our next scenic waterfall to hiking the trails of the Great Black Mountain to kayaking down the Toe River our expectations were truly exceeded. The cabin was simple but eloquent with all the necessities of modern life (i.e. cable television) at your disposal to use or not use depending on how much you wanted to "unplug" from the stresses of life (we highly recommend the "unplugged" version!)
Top Thing to do in City:
* Craft Fair (Aug and Dec).
* Penland School of Crafts.
* Old-timey town square.
* summer stock theater.
* Old-fashioned diner and theater.
Top Thing to do in Budget:
* Cruise the Blue Ridge Parkway.
* Hike Pisgah National Forest.
* Tubing down the South Toe River.
* Mountain biking trails.
* Fishing in the river.
Top Thing to do in Family:
* Biltmore Estate.
* Grandfather Mountain Biosphere/Park.
* Chimney Rock State Park.
* Mt Mitchell State Park.
* Linville Falls and Gorge.
National Forest across street
Half mile to Black Mountain Recreation Area and Setrock Falls
1 mile from Golf Course
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
3 night min rental.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.