|Space||1,500 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Description: Rocky Mountain Rush. Where Family and Adventure Come together!
Welcome to the ultimate Vacation. All Activities except boating are here on the 63 acre property! A Destination location getaway with your on-site entertainment and relaxation carefully thought out. Don't just rent a house when you can find a unique getaway designed with multiple on site activities available to choose from on 63 acres. For total privacy virtually no houses or neighbors can be seen from the cabin!
Down Town Estes Park is just seven miles north of the house (a 8 min drive to down town Estes). The house is located off of Highway 7 in the Tahossa Valley just above Lily Lake.
About the House:
Unique, famous and comfortable, mountain log sided home with vaulted ceilings. Featured on Night-line as it was custom designed and built by a former President of the Sierra Club. Passive Solar with a wall of Southern facing windows and a 250 ton rock bed that the house is built upon. We have taken this famous home and completely remodeled it throughout five years go. We even installed new carpet and new floors the end of Aug 2015. The house has a lodge theme throughout with sheepskin rugs, Leather recliner and Leather couch (remodeled in 2009). Our Cabin has 4 Bedrooms all with new bedding, mattresses with added topper on each bed for extra comfort and a log style king bed.
* Room(1) The Bear Room- Small Master Bedroom with King bed with under bed storage and new memory foam topper on top of the mattress and built in book case. (Bathroom attached)
* Room(2) The Elk Room- 12X17 Room with King bed, natural log bed and new queen size comfy sofa sleeper with views of Twin Sisters Mountain and the valley towards Lily Lake.
* Room(3) Queen Upper Bunk with built in bookcase, built in desk and a dresser. This room has an option to convert the desk to a queen bed as well. This would turn the room into a double queen bunk bed room) (we have two toppers to make the extra bed amazing)
* Room(4) Queen bed with under bed storage and desk. (This is a bed that can be converted to a single to make enough room for our portable crib that is available, or a dog crate in addition to the bed in the room).
* Two additional queen sleepers in main room. #1 is a leather sofa sleeper, #2 is a teak slide out sleeper.
The main room has a massive wall of windows on the south side of the home with insulated wood shutters throughout. We have a new 2015 46' Flat screen HD 1080P TV and a large Video Library. We have approximately 180 movies (DVDs and VHS), we have Direct TV and a computer with the internet with WiFi for laptops and MS Office installed. The Kitchen is large and fully equipped with all new kitchen appliances including a dishwasher, easy to use stove, refrigerator with ice and water in the door. It does include all the dishes, pots, pans, utensils and most anything you will need. The kitchen is well stocked with most things you would need for spices and condiments and much more. In the mud room we have two full size Maytag washers and two dryers. The house has newer Carpet (2015) and Paint throughout. A new Dyson Vacuum cleaner for those that love to clean:) and an Electric Fireplace with remote control for flame and or heat. If you like to read we have Hundreds of books on the bookshelves in each room. We even have phones with unlimited long distance within US.
* Amazing New Wind River Hot Tub (2016) with 54 jets, rated as one of the best massage therapy spas available.
* We even have some fluffy Robes and Slippers.
* Off the deck next to the hot tub you will have Incredible Views of Twin Sisters Mountain.
* We have a Stainless Steel Outdoor GasGrill.
* We even built a large Outdoor Rock Fire Pit with Benches that convert to picnic tables if you need it and loads of chopped firewood that is located just behind the house that overlooks Estes Valley and Lily Lake. This Fire pit brings the family together while you enjoy hot dogs or smore's with your family.
* If you like to take nature walks you can take a hike on the property's 63 acres to the top of the hill to see amazing views of Estes and Lily Lake that takes your breath away. If you want we also have a path through our property that you can take to Lily lake or the National forest (it goes all the way to YMCA camp) our property abuts Rocky Mountain National Park..
* For activities included that we have available (such as a boat, fishing poles, kids electric buggies etc.) see the activities section for features not available anywhere else!
This mountain retreat offers privacy, great natural beauty and an amazing experience. We have trouble leaving every time we come to the property. You will find the city will leave you within a short time of arriving. Welcome!
We are a very happy young family! We live in Estes Park and run a tour company in town. We love the outdoors and all activities. We love to ski, sing, paint and go 4 wheeling.
Neil or Kimberly O'Malley purchased this cabin in 2008
This is the most beautiful location with views in every direction. It is so private on 64 acres that you can have total privacy. It is a great place to hike or sled and backs to the National Park. We have a lot of entertainment options and the house if fully stocked!
Private 64 acres, we have a Porta Boat, kids play ground, Firepit, hot tub, paintball, and so much more it is hard to list. The house is fully stocked with most items you would need to help you feel right at home.
Once again, we had a wonderful time at Kim and Neils cabin. Myself and my 3 kiddos explored, rested, went skiing at Eldora, cooked out, cooked in, watched movies and basketball, hiked, etc, etc. Hot tube was wonderful. Kim and Neil are wonderful hosts (and great people) and their cabin is well stocked with what you need for a perfect vacation get-a-way. We feel as if its our second home. The kids respect it so much that they always look around to help pick up and organize the outdoor areas. Nice kitchen and appliances. Beds are comfy! Great TV, DirecTV and DVD. Lots of movies and books available to choose from. Snowed a bit but not much.... but was great to sit in the hot tub and have snow coming down. Over 64 acres to explore and relax in. Great people! Thank you for another great week+ of fun!
We were privileged to stay at this lovely cabin in Estes Park in Dec 2016. it was a beautiful place for a Rocky Mountain winter vacation with family and friends, and we found it to be far beyond our expectations. Everything was clean and up-to-date...well-stocked! (All that we needed for preparing meals, including any herb or spice you could think of.!..). Lots of clean linens, towels, blankets....
The beds were SO comfortable! The spacious open dining room and living area, with the fireplace and sheepskin rug, and comfy leather sofas, made it the perfect setting to host friends for a nice dinner and an overnight stay.
As charming as the inside of the cabin was, the outside was equally delightful. We enjoyed the seclusion, the grandeur of the majestic views in all directions, and especially loved the hike up through the woods to the rocky peak at the height of the property, from which we overlooked the breathless beauty of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Neil and Kimberly (the owners) were gracious hosts, attentive to our every need, and made us feel welcome and at home. It seemed they had thought of everything a guest might need or want, to make their stay more enjoyable, from paint ball equipment, to board games, to videos,...and even an outdoor play set for young children. And did I mention the hot tub? We appreciated every aspect of our time there, and hope that we can one day come back. What a pleasurable time! Thank you, Neil & Kimberly...
Our family (7 adults) visited Estes Park for Christmas this year. The owners, Neil and Kimberly, were accommodating and pleasant. Many games were on hand as well as a large, wooded property for exploring. The cabin's proximity to the town of Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park were great. The drive down to Estes Park is wonderful. At 9,000 feet elevation, it took a few days for us to get acclimated; but the trip was wonderful all around. There is much to do at the cabin and on the property as well as neat shopping in town and awesome scenery.
We spent the week celebrating my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary with thirteen people from the ages of 13-72. Everyone was perfectly content with all of the activities on the property. We hiked, played horseshoes, ate meals together, sat in the hot tub and shot each other with paintballs! The owners were wonderful to work with at every step and they literally went the extra mile to make sure our teenagers were perfectly satisfied! This was an amazing property for a family to spend time together and to be away from the rest of the world and yet it is close to fun things to do in the RMNP and Estes Park. Everything is there to make a perfect vacation. Thanks so much for everything Neil and Kimberly! We would definitely come back!
Simply Spectacular! This 63 acre retreat was a life trip for our families. We reserved this house for two weeks and rotated two families each week – my family and my partner’s family. In the first week for my family, we literally sleep 15 people (4 kids, 3 teenagers, 8 adults) and two small dogs for four of those seven days (Week 1) and used the house to its max. We cooked all our meals there and used the kitchen to its potential. The owner has the kitchen stocked with an impressive selection of anything you might need. In Week 2, we had a total of seven, so we were able to spread out and have more flexibility. Having two washers and dryers was a huge perk, especially with kids and adults that took advantage of nearby hiking, ATV riding, and horseback riding. The battery powered kid’s vehicles and playground were a huge plus. There are great hiking trails on the property, and at least one we found ascended to a rock out cropping that had an amazing panorama of the valley, Lily Lake, and surrounding mountains. This property offered something for everyone. The house, its accommodations, and its views exceeded our expectations. (Pictures cannot do it justice.) There are lots of thoughtful details in the house (like hand-held shower heads in the bathrooms, an assortment of dvd's to watch, a variety of books to read, toys, family games, a landline phone with free long distance, extra bed linens). And the owners accommodated our every need. They went above and beyond to make our experience fantastic. If I could suggest any improvement (and I realize I’m being picky), it would be the addition of a half bath to better accommodate 10 - 15 people. We facilitated and regulated quick showers with no problem, but when nature calls, you must comply. :) Thanks for great memories. Everyone must experience the beauty and comfort of this magnificent property. We loved it, and we hope to be back!
What a great time we had at your cabin last week as we felt at home immediately. Having bond fires, roasting marshmallows, making s’mores, and watching the shooting stars with our family was so much fun. You have a wonderful cabin to do this and the location is perfect. The little ones had a great time with the 4 wheeler, games, and toys and even our grandson who is 12 learned to play horseshoes. The hot tub was a nice way to relax once we got the kids out.
Meeting your husband Neil was also a pleasure and we appreciate your assistance in answering all of our question both before and during our stay.
Thank you and Neil for a wonderful time and we look forward to our next stay with you
<p><strong>Top Thing to do in City:</strong></p><ul><li>Rocky Mountain Rush Tour in the National Park.</li><li>Take pictures of Wildlife.</li><li>Stanley Ghost Tours.</li><li>Gondola to the Top of the Hill.</li><li>Shopping with Dairy Queen in Hand.</li></ul><p><strong>Top Thing to do in Budget:</strong></p><ul><li>Picnic in the National Park.</li><li>See the Rock Church on Hwy 7.</li><li>Smokin' Dave's BBQ(mm-mmm).</li><li>Fishing at the lakes.</li><li>River Walk and Feed the Fish in the Court Yard.</li></ul><p><strong>Top Thing to do in Family:</strong></p><ul><li>Rocky Mountain Rush Tours.</li><li>Brunch at Mary's Lake Lodge.</li><li>Big New Kids Park for All Ages By the Big Lake.</li><li>Treasure Hunts at Rocky Mountain Rush.</li><li>Paddle Boating at the Big Lake.</li></ul>
All of these wonderful features are available on our property onsite that no other properties offer!
* Hot Tub (see details above)
* Real Fire Pit (see details above)
* Boating: We have a Porta-Bote available onsite for Lily Lake (just down the street) or Lake Estes. Paddle or float with the coolest little boat you may have never seen. (Needs a pickup to haul it in)
* We have a float-able raft as well.
* Some Fly fishing, spin gear and tackle is also provided (You'll need a fishing license, unless you are a kid). Lily Lake is catch and release and Lake Estes has good fishing. Life jackets provided.
* 2 Little kids electric buggies
* Paintball equipment (Tippman 98's) for 4 -6 with instruction (balls and CO2 are the only items additionally charged for but not always available. Must tell us in advance you want to use it.)
* Telescope for Star and Mountain gazing.
* Kid Friendly -Toys and an outdoor Kid's Playground with a slide and
swings with a little club house.
* Horseshoes and other outdoor games.
* Indoor Family Games, such as Clue, Scrabble, Chess, Checkers, Monopoly, Balderdash, Puzzles, Poker cards and chips and Many More. Other Relaxing activities available when the excitement gets too much for you:)
* Aspen Lodge is just across and down the road one block away for horseback riding in the mountains.
* Aspen Lodge, the Baldpate Inn and Marys Lake Lodge are just down the road for great food, a nice deck, and late afternoon mountain viewing.
* Mary's Lake lodge is 4 miles down the highway and they have a great food and live bands.
* All of the activities and attractions of Estes Park are just 5-10 minutes away so you have mountain living at its best with total privacy and being close in for everything else that Estes Park has to offer.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Nightly Rate: $265 - $365
Weekly Rate: $1800 - $2400
Please check the calendar to see if your dates are available.
Weekly (During Peak Season We Prefer Full Week Rentals)
* $2400.00 per week from May 1st to October 15 (Peak Season)
This rate will also be applied to major holiday weeks.
* $1800.00 per week from October 16th to April 30th (Off Peak)
HOLIDAY WEEKS are at Peak Rate.
Damage deposit is due to confirm reservations. $500 is returned after your stay and $125 is kept for the cleaning fee. Full payment is due 30 days prior to stay dates. Email confirmations with stay details will be sent when payments have been received. We prefer checks sent to our mailing address for payment. Credit card is an option only when there is no other option.