|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
From the porch/deck of this exceptional 2200sq.ft. home, enjoy the
spectacular Lake Michigan sunsets. Walk 600 ft. to the Lake Michigan
shore and play on the magnificent sugar sand beach that connects
35 miles of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
The back yard adjoins a nature preserve where deer, wild
turkeys, fox and other wildlife are frequently seen. The side yard
rolls gently down to a mowed grass park and the edge of South Bar
Lake, a 1 mile long lake just 200 ft. from the Michigan shoreline.
Within walking distance of one block to the east are the post office,
grocery store, bank, Friendly's Tavern and Tiffany's Ice Cream
Parlor. Two blocks to the east is the Public Library.
This is truly a unique location.
Because our Lake Michigan home is special to us, we request
great care and consideration from our renters.
Although I rarely have the opportunity to meet our guests face to face, I enjoy getting to know you through phone calls, email and correspondence. I am a family man who is grateful to have found a little piece of heaven in Park Place which we enjoy sharing with others who appreciate and respect the home and the area.
Randall Parks purchased this house in 2001
The story including pictures about Park Place, it's acquisition and renovation, is chronicled in a notebook at the house.
Location, Location, Location
Park Place is more wonderful than we had dreamed it would be. Every morning I would raise the blinds to greet my 2 !!! lakes and every evening we'd be treated to a gorgeous sunset through the same window. One of my favorite things in life is to enjoy a meal in a peaceful setting with a beautiful view. I love this big eat in kitchen. Speaking of eating - we did enjoy several cafes, a brewery, ice cream shops... And we climbed the trails!
Thank you for sharing your paradise.
Everything was absolutely perfect! We went as a group of 7 adults and the accommodations couldn't have been any better. The decor was light and airy, just what you'd expect to find at a beach house. The beds were VERY comfortable, the adorable kitchen had all the modern conveniences of home, the bathrooms large and modern, the living room was large enough to comfortably seat all 7 of us, there was even a TV/sun room with laptop to help keep connected to the rest of the world; but the best room of the house was the deck that overlooks beautiful lake Michigan and a (somewhat) smaller lake about 60 feet away. The sunsets were magnificent and the trees were starting to change color. The days were warm and the nights nice and cool; a great time to be in Northern Michigan.
Good friends, an absolutely beautiful location, a very comfortable home and great weather; the perfect recipe for a perfect vacation !
Wow! After the week we had we will definetly be back with our family. We were so touched at the beauty of the home and the surrounding areas. Finding out the area is called God's pocket, opened the door for an amazing time of healing in the presence of our Lord and Savior. The beauty of the lake, sand dunes, big rocks, salmon (Yay Mark), wildlife, sunsets and the canoe trip on Crystal River, just to name a few. Since returning home we have told everyone about the excellent experience we enjoyed! Thank You to our Friends who are like family.
We came as a group of seven to retreat (RE - TREAT) and what a treat it was! We came to embrace a change - Oh my gosh,of all the places we have stayed at in MI, none were as convenient, beautiful, entertaining, or homey as Park Place - the beach, sunsets, walks, fishing, canoeing, eating, shopping,and accomodations. We want to come back atleast every year,God willing! It is says on their hallway wall, "When you are in Empire you are in God's pocket". What else needs to be said?
Top Thing to do in City:.....
Top Thing to do in Budget:
* Bring a box of food staples and cooler.
* Pack picnic lunches for day excursions.
* Grille meat and vegetables on the deck.
* Hike the Empire Bluffs Trail.
* Have a night campfire at the beach fire rings.
Top Thing to do in Family:
* Sleeping Bear Dune climb.
* Use the Empire Village public tennis courts.
* Use the playground equipment and basketball court at the beach.
* Refer to the list of activities and attractions.
* Bicycle the new SLEEPING BEAR HERITAGE TRAIL.
- Visitor center in Empire for the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park
- Museum depicting Empire's lumber and logging history
- Museum of early Lake Michigan boats at Glen Haven
- Old Coast Guard Station at Glen Haven
- Day trip to South Manitou Island leaving from Leland Michigan
- Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive just 5 minutes away
- Boat rental at the Narrows Marina on Glen Lake
- Swimming at North Bar or South Bar Lake
- Sugar sand beaches everywhere
- Hiking trails throughout the national park
- Bicycle the new Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail to Glen Arbor
- Canoe, raft, tube or kayak the Crystal River 8 miles to the north
or the Platte River 10 miles to the south
- Golfing the many area courses
- Tour the Leelanau County roads to Glen Lake, Glen Arbor, Leland,
Northport, Sutton's Bay and Traverse City
- Attend a concert in the amphitheatre located at Interlochen,
the nationally acclaimed school for performing arts. (25 miles away)
- Pick blueberries in late July, August and early September
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$400|
Weekly Rate: $1350 - $2550
Mid Season rate: up to 7 people June 18 - 23, 2016 $1925/week
Summer rate: up to 7 people June 25 - August 20, 2016 $2550/week
Mid Season rate: up to 7 people August 20 - 27 $1935/week
Off-season rates: up to 7 people $1350
3 Night minimum during off season only
There is a 5% discount for guests who return
These rates include taxes and cleaning
A $400 deposit is required to reserve house
At this time to book Park Place, a $400 refundable security deposit is required with the return of a signed rental agreement. Upon receipt of the security deposit, (payable by check), a written confirmation of the deposit and booking will be mailed. Payment in full is required 4 weeks prior to occupancy. Cancellation less than 4 weeks prior to occupancy is subject to forfeiture of the deposit.