Newly updated beautiful custom home on 36 secluded acre homesite in gated Morningstar Ranch. Enjoy the feeling of old Arizona while enjoying the luxury of a grand, spacious home in a very natural setting. Nestled between the San Cayetano mountain range and Grosvenor Hills, you'll be surrounded by nature and spectacular views! There are only 22 homes in our 6,000 acre ranch, so come enjoy a level of quiet, privacy and serenity that has to be experienced!
- House4000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay7 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, 6 Sleeps
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Jul 9, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Blissful Solitude and Tranquil Privacy in a Unique Desert Environment
In January of 2018, my wife and I spent 11 nights at this property located south of Tubac, AZ and north of Rio Rico, AZ on the gated complex of Morningstar Ranch. We were joined by a family of four.
The website description of this home is accurate.
At first, the isolated desert landscape had a subdued, melancholy and barren ambience. This is deceptive, however. When you look closer and experience it more intensely over a period of time, it is actually full of life: a coyote wandered nearby; white-tailed deer stood like sentinels on a hillock; Gila woodpeckers took over the hummingbird feeder. This custom-built house is on a working ranch, and one could see cattle grazing during the day and softly lowing at night, sometimes wandering unconcernedly through the front yard.
The highlights of our stay were:
- Playing billiards in the large recreation area,
- Enjoying the hot tub under a full moon,
- Road cycling in the Morningstar Ranch community and on the picturesque highways from Amdo to Arivaca and from Continental to Madera Canyon,
- Mountain-biking on the Ruby Road near Rio Rico and the West Desert Trails near Green Valley and
- Hiking in Saguaro National Park (East) near Tucson.
There were three problems that we experienced during our sojourn:
1. When we arrived at the main gate to the Morningstar Ranch complex, the code to unlock the entrance would not work. Since the gate is at the bottom of a valley, our cell phones had no reception. Eventually, we had to turn back and go to higher ground where we telephoned and texted Mark and Linda, the property owners. Under the circumstances, they responded quickly. The code had recently been changed, and the advance information provided to us had the old code. After profuse - and repeated - apologies for the inconvenience, we gained entry.
2. The second issue pertained to the operation of the audio-video system and streaming. Mark patiently walked us through the activation of the system, and it worked well.
3. Cell phone reception was erratic. Mark has done as much as anyone can to enhance cell phone and Wi-Fi service at the home, but it is set in the borderlands with Mexico and is surrounded by hills and mountains. We would even get text messages from our service provider who was convinced that we were "roaming in Mexico"! If one feels the need to stay "connected", this house may not be for you. Our advice: Turn off, tune out and enjoy!
Our refundable deposit was promptly returned
What A Wonderful Place
Talk about getting away from it all. This is the place for you if that's what you're looking for. Tranquility, silence and serenity are good descriptions of this beautiful home and it's out of the way location. Tastefully appointed with all the comforts of home. Cozy chairs and couches in the living room. Beautiful dining area for evenings dinners. A spacious master bedroom and bath on the second level. A fully equipped kitchen for all cooking needs. Just shop and cook homemade gourmet meals at home.
The billiard room was lots of fun. Having the convenience of a full laundry room with washer and dryer was great. The property is immaculate and well cared for. Pool and spa tub are available for use. If you have any questions the owner is ready available. Mark was happy to answer any questions we had on a timely basis. Instructions for home maintenance are clearly spelled out in his detailed handi book on arrival. We would recommend this home and spectacular surroundings to anyone looking for a respite from this crazy world. We hope we have the chance to return one day.
There are lots of things to do in the area which Mark provides for you in his handi book. Restaurants in Tubac are good for the most part. The Italian Peasant is our favorite. But nothing can beat making a homemade delicious dinner in your home away from home in one of the most beautiful landscapes in this county. One day we hope to return.
Another wonderful stay
This is our fourth time to this beautiful property. We love the serenity and watching nature from the front porch. The home is perfectly appointed and always a very comfortable stay and the owners are most helpful. Off the beaten path and completely worth it. We made a day trip into Mexico and did some hiking but really enjoyed the time by the pool the most.
We just returned from a terrific week at this property. The house is secluded and elegant. Its one of the few places that one can spend an entire day with virtually no outside sounds other than those made by nature. A million stars come out at night at night. We made day trips to Tubac and Tucson, but we enjoyed most of all the hiking and nature watching possible at this property. We had no problems of any type and the owner checked in from time to time to make sure everything was in order. Definitely a place we would return to.
Get Away From It All
My wife and I have stayed here three times. It is a perfect place to get away from it all. Great for a day trip to Mexico, hiking the desert, or just relaxing by the pool soaking up the sun. The owners have thought of everything and are very accommodating.
Fantastic property in a spectacular location
The rental exceeded expectations and Mark, the owner, was very accommodating. The property is located on a private, gated ranch in Southern Arizona and has every luxury, including sumptuous decoration and fixtures, beautiful bedrooms / bathrooms and living areas, pool & hot tub, professional grill, modern AV system, wifi and a championship pool table. The house is totally secluded & peaceful and benefits from beautiful, undisturbed, panoramic views of the mountains and desert. The house is ideally situated for horse riding with Rancher Dan (stables are on the ranch 5 mins from the house!!), visiting the art stores and restaurants / bars in Tubac, visiting the Titan 2 missile museum, visiting the wild west and prospecting towns of Tombstone & Bisbee, exploring border towns, hiking the ranch and enjoying the desert flora and fauna or simply watching the stars in a totally unpolluted sky. The ranch is a great place to get away from everything and relax in quiet comfort and our family had a brilliant time. Thanks!!!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Departure time is noon on the last day of your rental period. Arrival time is between 4pm and 7pm on the first day of your rental period. No smoking and no pets. No outdoor fires of any kind. If you utilize the outdoor grill, you are expected to clean it before you leave. Must take all garbage and/or recyclables with you when you leave.