The village of Chama New Mexico, one of the last remaining authentic mountain towns in the West. Set up your vacation base camp in this beautiful and convenient 3BR/2BA log sided home. Nestled under tall pine trees, this meticulously remodeled home contains hard wood flooring throughout three furnished bedrooms, two bathrooms, living/dining area, and a fully stocked kitchen. A large paved driveway and fully fenced private back yard provides plenty of options for outdoor entertaining/dining and plenty of parking and storage. Additional amenities include; washer/dryer, large flat screen TVs with satellite cable/dvd, outdoor barbeque grill and cooking area, fire pit, and a covered deck ***Fenced in lot next door with two full RV hookups also available for additional fee.
Located within a short walking distance of the home is the Cumbres and Toltec train station and Main Street Chama(Terrace Ave). Also, within easy walking/biking distance is the Rio Chama and Edward Sargent Wildlife area.
Bordered by four National Forests; the Carson, Santa Fe, Rio Grande, and San Juan, the Chama Valley and surrounding area is a year round destination for outdoor recreation and adventure travel.
Outdoor recreation destinations and activities nearby:
• Cumbres and Toltec narrow gauge passenger train
• Trophy hunting on public and private lands including; Rocky Mountain Elk, Deer, Bear, and Wild Turkey
• Gold medal Fly fishing and whitewater boating on the Rio Chama, Rio Brazos, Conejos River & tributaries, San Juan River, Los Pinos River, Piedra River, Rio Grande, and numerous backcountry streams,creeks and lakes
• Fishing/boating on Abiquiu, El Vado, Heron, Platoro, and Jicarilla lakes
• Horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking/snowshoeing, at Edward Sargent Wildlife area
• Alpine & CC Skiing/Snowboarding/Snowmobiling at Wolf Creek Pass & Ski Resort( just 70 miles to Colorado’s consistently deepest snowpack)
Also, within a short driving distance are these wonderful destinations where you'll find hot springs, art galleries, shopping, fine dining and numerous festivals and activities.
• Pagosa Springs, Colorado (45 miles)
• Abiquiu, New Mexico (55 miles)
• Taos, New Mexico (92 miles)
• Santa Fe, New Mexico (100 miles)
• Durango, Colorado (105 miles) ***see our Purgatory listing #4155654ha
• Albuquerque, NM (160 miles)