About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
3 bedroom renovated farmhouse, rural location, well equipped family home.
Our home is a 200 year old 3 bedroom farmhouse in the far west of Cornwall. It is situated above the traditional fishing villages of Mousehole and Newlyn, with fabulous surf beaches and coastal walks nearby. It is available to rent for a few weeks only, Saturday - Saturday, during the UK school summer holidays.
You will enjoy looking after our friendly cat, Thunder!
It has recently been renovated and extended to combine a cosy Cornish farmhouse with a modern open and sunlit kitchen-dining-living space. It has a large garden (3/4 acre) - you may find it difficult to persuade the kids to play anywhere else! - and for grown-ups there is a BBQ and plenty of garden furniture for lounging & eating in Cornish sunshine.
Our house is finished to a high standard, with bespoke handmade kitchen using oak, and recycled joists and floorboards from the renovation. Stairs to the mezzanine use wood from the historic Newlyn fishing boat Rosebud.
It is ideal for families with kids.
It consists of:
• Three bedrooms upstairs:
- Large double bedroom
- Large child's bedroom with a double bed
- Child's bedroom with two single beds, and a secret passage
• A large well-equipped kitchen opening into a high ceilinged sunny dining & living room, with a mezzanine kids will love as a play area.
• Cosy snug lounge in the centre of the house with an inglenook woodburner, ideal for evenings in.
• Second downstairs snug with DVD projector and screen for home cinema.
• 2 bathrooms. Bath upstairs; shower downstairs.
• A really large garden with swings, trampoline, playhouse, BBQ, wooded area, orchard, & lots of nooks and crannies.
• South facing patio courtyard with raised decking area.
• We have a BBQ and a firebowl that can be used in the courtyard or anywhere in the garden. Lots of garden furniture for al fresco dining.
• Rangemaster cooker with gas hobs and electric oven.
• Washing machine, dishwasher & microwave.
• Centrally heated with underfloor heating and radiators. Heating & hot water by eco-friendly wood pellet boiler, solar thermal panels, & woodburning stoves.
• TV, wireless broadband (rural speeds!), DVD recorder, DVD projector and screen, stereo.
• Plenty of car parking
• Solar PV panels providing sun generated electricity during daylight hours.
Our house is finished to a high standard and is well presented.
It is a family home rather than a commercial let, and we hope that you will enjoy it all the more for that. Please do look after it and let us know if anything is damaged.
It is available in blocks of a week, Saturday - Saturday
You will want a car to get the most out of staying in our house
We live up a farm track which is suitable for any ordinary car. If your car has a very low clearance you will need to take care.
Come and enjoy Cornwall's stunning beaches, hidden coves, picturesque fishing villages, ancient sites, & coastal walks!
All of the house will be available to you except a small study which will be locked.
You will have the run of the garden, including the childrens' playhouse.
There is a shed by the car parking used for storage which will be locked. We may occasionally need to access this during your stay but will not disturb you when we do this.
Interaction with guests
We will be away in Europe whilst you are staying in our house. We will be contactable by phone and email.
We have appointed a local caretaker in case there are any issues or problems during your stay.
Gill's parents live nearby and may also be able to help with any questions that you may have. They will be available to welcome guests.
Other things to note
We have a cat - Thunder - who is very affectionate, and very independent but who does need feeding (food provided).
He sleeps and is fed in the house, but is an outdoor cat, so he does catch mice, rabbits and birds. There is a cat flap which is set so that he can go out, but not come back in. Otherwise he will bring in what he has caught.
In the mornings you will find him waiting at the back door to come in for breakfast.
Please only come and stay if you like cats and will show love and affection to Thunder!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- Jan 25, 2018
Hi. We'd love to welcome you to stay in our beautiful home whilst we are away for the summer school holidays. We are sure you will have a fabulous time. I'm Gill and I work at the Eden Project in Education. My husband Seamus is a local GP (family doctor). We have 2 daughters, aged 10 & 6. You will need to look after our friendly cat, Thunder!
Gill purchased this House in 2000
Why Gill chose Newlyn
Beautiful, spacious 200yr old Cornish farmhouse and large garden, in a tranquil location above Mousehole Recently renovated to a high standard with large, light & airy open plan living area and bespoke kitchen Relax in the garden with courtyard & decking Kids will love the swing, trampoline, playhouse, and climbing trees Tucked away up a bridleway, close to Mousehole, Penzance and stunning beaches such as Sennen Cove
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.