100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Lovely, quiet and peaceful location.
The north transept is a very interesting, high quality conversion. Spotlessly clean, well furnished and very comfortable. The hosts are very accommodating and friendly. If you are looking for a comfortable and peaceful place to stay in the countryside within a few minutes drive of good places to dine out then we have no hesitation in recommending this lovely old church.
Comfortable and well designed
Accommodation was extremely comfortable and well thought out. We stayed for a week and it was very homely. The bed was extremely comfortable and we loved the view from it out of the gothic window. A great location with lots of lovely walks on the Wiltshire Downs nearby and also from the door too. Plenty of interesting attractions to visit without driving far and pubs too.
A 3 night stay - what a wonderful place. Modern, comfortable, quiet.
A wonderful short break in a unique setting! Beautiful property and grounds, extremely clean and comfortable. And very helpful hosts, on hand with useful information if required...thank you!
A heavenly short stay for much needed revival!
Sarah was so welcoming and very helpful in telling us all we needed to know about the area. The North Transept is beautifully done, the kitchen is fully kitted out and the croissants felt for us in the freezer is a lovely touch, comfy bed and sofa, and under-floor heating. We were lucky to have some winter sun and enjoyed it on a swing bench in the garden.. Bliss!
This little jewel was even more breathtaking in real life than it is in the photos. The grounds are absolutely stunning, nestled into a secret valley. We saw lots of pheasants, owls and even a muntjac deer! The transept itself has been beautifully and sympathetically restored. The underfloor heating makes it wonderfully warm. The whole place is immaculately clean. And thoughtful touches like the complimentary croissants and bean-to-cup coffee maker (amazing) were the icing on the cake. I can only imagine how much more beautiful this place must be in the spring, summer and autumn. It's such a gem, you really don't want too many people to know about it! Definitely hope to return one day.
The North Transept is surrounded by fields and with lovely walking from the door. It's also easy to get to places like:
- Market town of Devizes with Wadworth Brewery and the Kennet and Avon Canal with its Caen Hill flight of 29 locks
- National Trust village of Lacock which has Lacock Abbey and has been used as a set for various films and TV programmes
- Bowood House with its Capability Brown gardens
- Market town of Corsham with Corsham Court – also used as TV and film set
- Picturesque village of Castle Combe – also used as TV and film set
- Great Chalfield Manor - National Trust property also used as TV and film set
- Neolithic stone henge monument at Avebury, Silbury Hill, and the West Kennet Long Barrow
- Market town of Marlborough
- Georgian City of Bath
- Bradford On Avon – picturesque and historic town with nice cafés and restaurants
- Cathedral city of Salisbury