2 bedrooms, large living room with bath and open-kitchen
Lorenzo Caramelli di Clavesana
- english, french, spanish, portuguese, russian, italian, Lithuanian
What makes this Apartment unique
Borgo Zelata Holidays Home Borgo Zelata Holidays Home, with holiday homes for rent, is a converted farmhouse dating from the last century. Careful renovation has maintained the appearance of the buildings and preserved all the typical features of this Lombardy farmhouse: the double pitched roof with pantiles, the covered verandas, and the hay-racks and barn which have been used to create the Osteria dalla Lalla Restaurant. • Palazzo Cavagna Sangiuliani The adjacent Palazzo Cavagna Sangiuliani dates from a previous era. This historic 18th-century residence used to welcome the Milanese poet Antonia Pozzi as a regular summer visitor. It is now a stylish venue for corporate events, parties and weddings. The large grounds of the mansion are planted with sweet-smelling magnolia trees, of great botanical interest and among the oldest in Europe. • The Old Mill, now in disuse, the old village mill is in a good state of conservation: it still has the pestles for husking rice, and wood and metal wheels with median power for grinding the grain. • Cascine Orsine Biodynamic Farm A pleasant walk takes you from Borgo Zelata Holidays Home to Cascine Orsine Biodynamic Farm: a place where, according to the slogan, "The frogs still sing" (just like the bats in the cave, the frogs in the ditches are an indicator of a healthy environment and good farming practice!). <<Founded by Giulia Maria Crespi, honorary president of the FAI, Orsine Cascine is a farm with some unique features. It covers 650 hectares between Bereguardo and the Ticino River, of which 350 are cultivated and the remainder conserved as forest and oxbow lakes, providing refuge for many animal species and hosting one of the largest heronries in Italy >>. Orsine Cascine Farm is a pioneer of biodynamic agriculture, producing excellent milk, cheese, cereals and flour. As well as producing food, the company also sells its products at its own farm shop, and organises and hosts seminars and courses on biodynamic agriculture
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
special, spacious apartment
Nice, with a fully equipped kitchen, apartment. We enjoyed the good bed but could have used some screens to keep the insects out.
thank you for being one of ma favourite guest! Glad to know you enjoyed your stay, the apartment and the whole area.
About the screens, they are available on each window you just have to pull them down. In spring time (and in the country ) small (but not harmful) insects may enter the windows if left open.
Hope to see you again and a warm regards to your whole family.
A pleasent stay
We had a lovely stay here at the beautiful Borgo Zelata in the small town of Zelata. We lived according to the owner in the biggest apartment and it was beautiful. We lacked nothing in importance. Bedroom to fine the adults and our 2 teenagers. Nice bathroom, kitchen and living room. In the kitchen there is gas cooker and some equipment for simple cooking. nice fridge with freezer. There is no oven.
There are tv in the apartment, which we did not light while we were there.
There is Wifi in the apartment. Otherwise there is also 4g.
The park with the pool, as shown in the pictures, is really nice. The pool is lovely and you will find space in both the sun and the shade.
Make sure to establish a good contact with Lorenzo, who owns the place. He is good at English and wants his guests the best. If you are in doubt, he can certainly help you.
On site and in town there are 3 restuarants and a church.
Great opportunities to go for a walk in the area down towards the river.
Nearest shopping options are in Motta Visconte and Berreguardo. Here you will find everything for everyday life. Should you shop, Pavia is an obvious option.
Zelata is a nice starting point for many exciting excursions. Milan, Pavia and Vigevano have a lot to offer and are not far away via good roads.
In Onda Splash you can easily swim and enjoy yourself.
I can definitely recommend Borgo Zelata to anyone who wants to enjoy a holiday in quiet rural surroundings without being too far away from the outside world.
You are far away from the crowded tourist areas of Italy, but close to a lived life in Italy. I think so many will fall sheep.
So take a look at the options offered in the area or enjoy the tranquility of the little manor house. Perhaps you will also feel like the king of Denmark when you step into the park for the first time. I love it ....
it has been a great pleasure hosting you and your beautiful family during this summer. Thank you so much for your time and for the wonderful review you left.
The sharp description of this area with all the activities and lovely places will be much helpful for all the people planning their next holidays.
Thank you for how you managed the apartment, the pool, the park and everything at your disposal.
Abgewohnt und nicht sauber
Abreise nach einer Nacht nötig, auf der Matratze kleine Tiere. Sehr unapetitlich.
Muito bom, tudo limpo e funcionando.
Prima appartement, ruim genoeg voor 3 volwassen. Mooie grote tuin met zwembad waar je gebruik van mag maken. Rustige omgeving maar wel lekker dicht bij Milaan. Al met al een prima vakantie gehad.
Nice clean and cosy appartment with very nice, helpful, kind host!
The beds have good mattrasses, the appartment is stylishly decorated. We loved that it is very quiet in the appartment. We missed an oven and some extra teamugs and glasses would be handy. Bathroom has a good size and there is a nice shower. The host is very helpful and makes you feel welcome! He is easy and very flexible, wants you to have a Nice holiday! Communication was very easy... and even funny. Garden is a little paradise!
• Borgo Zelata near Bereguardo is a historic village only 15 minutes far from Milan. Its main feature is its exceptional location, nestled in a picturesque corner of the Lombardy countryside, protected by the woodlands of Ticino Natural Park.
• The city is nearby and the highway very close, but as you approach the village you are surprised by the complete change in scenery and atmosphere. You will see long rows of poplars, and large arable fields coloured in warm shades in every season and above which herons and egrets circle. Your gaze wanders and relaxes, your breathing slows. Once you reach Bereguardo, a small road through the undergrowth of the Park takes you into the silence of nature and the welcoming calm of Borgo Zelata.
• Set like a precious gem between the Ticino Natural Park and the Lombardy countryside, Borgo Zelata seems a world away from urban life, allowing visitors to unwind, slow down, find inspiration and rediscover themselves in harmony with nature, perhaps enjoying outdoor sports or exploring different routes.
• Borgo Zelata is a popular destination for those who love the slow pace of the countryside; those who want to experience the peace of a parallel world, with all the simplicity and sincerity of rural life: a place where time follows the slow rhythms of nature, passing without haste.
• The unique spirit of this place and a rural identity inherited from the past are safeguarded by the wild natural environment that wraps the village in a protective embrace
PAVIA: The hundred towers, the ancient university and the Ponte Coperto
• A city on a human scale and proponent of the joy of living, Pavia should be explored without haste, wandering through alleys and catching sudden glimpses, surprised by unexpected details that slow your pace and encourage you to rest.
• We advise you to start your visit from the wonderful covered bridge, the setting for several films, and the adjacent Borgo Ticino, the old quarter by the river bank. Cross the bridge and walk to the centre. Now you can admire the beauty of Pavia with its monuments and mediaeval buildings, including the many Romanesque churches and red brick towers, which have earned it the name of the "City of 100 Towers". In addition to the city's history, you will also detect the youthful atmosphere of a university town looking towards the future. In fact, Pavia boasts one of the oldest universities of Italy.
• In short, the city has three emblems: the towers, the ancient university and the covered bridge. The bridge shows visitors the most romantic and picturesque side of Pavia at every time of year; especially in winter, when the mist rises from the river and makes the bridge and its passages even more evocative.
• Download the Borgo Zelata PDF on PAVIA
VIGEVANO Leonardo da Vinci's ideal city and home of the stiletto heel
• Surrounded by the Ticino Natural Park and described as the ideal city by Leonardo da Vinci, Vigevano is a small town where everyday life is peaceful and quiet. Walking through the quiet streets in the centre, you come to the beautiful Piazza Ducale, the main meeting place for the townspeople. It is now hard to believe that in the fifties and sixties this small town was such a busy centre of industry that it became known in Italy and other parts of the world as the capital of shoemaking.
• The footwear industry began to establish itself here in the early twentieth century, receiving a strong boost during World War I and under the fascist government. But the real turning point came at the time of the Italian economic miracle, when Vigevano was able to concentrate the entire production cycle on its territory: from making shoe-boxes to the production of heels and uppers, and also including the mechanical workshops for building machinery for shoe manufacture.