About the property
- Apartment473 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay5 nights
Get away from it all to a quiet, idyllic high mountain valley and nature
This self-catering apartment (44m²) on the basement level has natural light and views of the garden. The entrance to the house is shared. We live on the ground floor and rent out another apartment called Edelweiss on the upper floor.
Edelstein apartment has one double bedroom, one twin bedroom (with a curtain instead of doors), one bathroom (with shower) and a comfortable living room with a kitchen area. There is a hob with oven, fridge with freezing compartment, kettle, drip coffee machine, cookware, tableware, etc. Bed sheets and towels are provided. You can also relax in the garden with its charming wooden hut or use the sitting area in front of the house. We named this apartment Edelstein (German word for gemstone - precious stone) after the rock feature in the double bedroom, which was revealed when the house was being built and was left in the wall as an ornamental feature.
Haus Idyll is located at 1023 metres, in the lovely and peaceful village of Bodental (Ferlach, Carinthia) surrounded by mountains. If you don't want to cook at the apartment, there are three restaurants in our village and a small shop selling essentials. The town of Ferlach is 15 minutes' drive down the mountain with its restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, banks, post office, pharmacy, doctor etc.
Within walking distance from Haus Idyll:
- All year round walking and hiking routes
- Meerauge (Sea Eye) beautiful turquoise pond
- Märchenwiese (Fairytale Meadow)
- Family ski field: 2 lifts (1km easy piste; 1km medium piste); 1 toboggan run
- Cross country ski: 6 classic runs; 7 skating courses; 1 high cross-country run
- Large and small swimming lakes, the nearest are 15-20min. drive away.
- Tscheppaschlucht - The gorge impresses each and every visitor with its wild waters and roaring waterfalls. The highlight, however, is without doubt the Tschauko waterfall with the Felsentor (Rock gate) and the Teufelsbrücke (Devil's bridge). 1h walk or 15 min drive away.
- Waldseilpark Tscheppaschlucht - First and biggest family adventure park in Carinthia. 87 attractions and challenges - trees, steel cables, footbridge, bars, suspensions bridges, carabiners.
- Old Loibl Pass, the century-old high mountain pass with stunning views and a small restaurant in a hut at the top.
- Klagenfurt and lake Wörthersee with numerous attractions - the charming old town, museums, Minimundus - miniature world, planetarium, botanic garden, Europapark, beach and boat trips to name the few! Klagenfurt is only 35 minutes away!
- Pyramidenkogel - panoramic tower. Enjoy unique panoramic views of Carinthia and its impressive landscape of lakes from an altitude of 905 m. Modern lift, natural playground for kids, free panoramic tours. About 1h drive away.
- Hochosterwitz Castle, one of Austria's most impressive medieval castles. It is on a 172-metre (564 ft) high Dolomite rock. Only 1h drive from Haus Idyll!
- Dreiländereck (Slovene:Tromeja) where the borders of Austria, Italy and Slovenia meet. About 1h drive. Accessible by car (forest track) or cable cart from Arnoldstein.
- Bled Castle, Slovenia. Romantic castle overlooking the church on the island in the lake. 45 min. drive.
- Ljubljana, the beautiful and green capital of Slovenia - is just a 1h drive from the apartment.
- Lake Bohinj and Slap Savica waterfall in Triglav National Park, Slovenia.
- Tarvisio, Italy. Drive for 1h to taste real Italian food and drink in this charming small town.
The most convenient option is to have your own car. Public transport is a possibility, although connections are very limited. The recommended airport is Ljubljana Airport (LJU) 50 min. drive away, where you can rent a car at a reasonable price. Klagenfurt Airport (KLU) 40 min. drive away may also be an option.
Whilst travelling in Austria between 1 November and 15 April and if roads are covered with ice or snow, it is a legal requirement to use snow tyres. All tyres should have a minimum tread depth of 4mm. You should also carry snow chains. Road signs across Austria indicate when snow chains are compulsory.
Please note that in Austria shops are closed on Sundays (including supermarkets). Some shops at petrol stations might be open.
The nearest hospital with 24h emergency room is in Klagenfurt. In case of emergency dial 112.
Patrycja & Guy, Haus Idyll
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, Polish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
About Patrycja & Guy, Haus Idyll
Hello! We are Patrycja and Guy from Haus Idyll. We like nature, travelling, snow sports and hiking. We'll be happy to tell you all about the many beautiful walking and hiking routes in the area and other things to do and see. Patrycja speaks English and Polish while Guy speaks English and German.
Why Patrycja & Guy, Haus Idyll chose Unterbergen, Rosental
In spring 2016 we decided to live the dream and move to the Austrian Alps. This house was designed and build as a guesthouse by the previous owners and we fell in love with it immediately.
What makes this Apartment unique
Bodental is exceptionally quiet, especially at night. There are few street lamps, so you can see the stars. No light pollution at night, clean air and quietness helps people rest and sleep well. It's a perfect place to get away from it all.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Nice & comforatable apartment in a beautiful area
My friends and I stayed in both apartments at Haus Idyll, Edelstein and Edelweiss in September 2016. Edelweiss apartment is very nice, clean and comfortable with large beds and everything you need (towels, pots, pans, plates, tea & coffee, etc). The hosts are very attentive. The area is just beautiful! Fantastic walking and hiking options! Highly recommended!
The above review is for our other apartment called Edelweiss. Bozena contacted us and said she posted her review of the Edelweiss apartment under the Edelstein apartment by mistake (she booked both apartments at the same time). This is what she meant to post here: "I stayed in both apartments at Haus Idyll, Edelstein and Edelweiss. Edelstein apartment is very nice and cosy with comfortable beds and sofas and everything you need (towels, pots, pans, plates, tea & coffee, etc). The hosts are very attentive. The area is just beautiful! Fantastic walking and hiking options! Highly recommended!"
Thank you, Bozena!