|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Comfortable apartment, 2 sleeping arrangement for 2 persons, television and DVD player, fully equipped kitchen (fridge-freezer, regular electric oven and microwave, dishwasher, electric filter coffee maker and Nespresso, electric kettle, toaster, crockery), wireless internet, washing machine.
Located in a villa with a garden with many trees and a private pool just for you, sun loungers and hammock, sunshade and coffee table around the pool.
Deck in front of the apartment with garden furniture and barbecue for alfresco dinners.
Quiet residential area in a cul-de-sac with parking spaces, 2 min away by foot from an 18 holes golf course and from a park with deer.
Close to the village centre (Saint Gely du Fesc), 10 min away from the tram station and downtown Montpellier (Festivals,museums), in the heart of the Garrigue (hikes, mountain biking), horse back riding schools closeby, swimming in the river (the Gorges de l'Herault and of La Vis) and during summer, canoes can be rented, beaches 30 minutes away.
On a practical note, you will find everything you need on site: small shops and outdoor market (on Thursday and Saturday morning) 5 min away, on foot, from the centre of the village you will find a caterer and a pizza service delivery, restaurants, and let's not forget the shopping centres, 5 or 10 min away by car.
Between the coastline and the hinterlands, Saint Gely du Fesc is nestled in the amazing landscape of the Pic Saint Loup and the Causse de l'Hortus, a pure pleasure: a treat for your eyes with a preserved nature and a rich cultural heritage; pleasure of the senses with a renowned country; and pleasure of the heart with extremely talented craftsmen. A unique land leant to the first foothills of the Cevennes, in the Guarrigue, north of Montpellier, 30 km away from the Mediterranean Coastline, fascinating for those who dare to come!
We spend almost 3 weeks with a very helpful host, in a completely new appartment having all you need for a family of 2 kids.
The pool area is perfect for both kids and adults.
We can highly recommend a visit to St Gely Du fesc
We had a wonderful time at this apartment which is located in a lovely village on the outskirts of Montpellier. We found it to be very comfortable and exactly as described on the website. The owner was friendly and welcoming and provided a folder with local attractions. The surrounding area was peaceful and pleasant. The swimming pool was the main highlight for us and we had exclusive use of it during our stay. The owner has a little dog and while I am not particularly fond of dogs it was a real delight. Reminded us of Eddie in Frasier, pity as the dog is female. We rarely saw or heard the dog, or the family for that matter!
The centre of the village is a ten minute leisurely stroll ( l know that as I walked to get the croissants every morning). The centre of the village has several boulangeries, coffee shops, a fishmonger, pizza takeaway, a couple of restaurants and a bar. The local Cave is about 5 minute walk away and you can get some really nice wines there.
The viilage is also well located for visiting other places. We visited Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, Aigues-Mortes and Sommières. Nimes and Arles are a little further afield but easily reached.
If you are looking for a nice relaxing place to unwind we would fully recommend this apartment.
Clean and well equiped apartments, ok for 2 adults and 2 children. Great pool in nice quiet surroundings 200 m from the Golf Court with a superb Restaurant. Good value for money. We would absolutely stay again
Un accueil chaleureux, un propriétaire soucieux du bien être de ses locataires et de leurs activités dans un village très agréable. Une location tres prope et fonctionnelle dans un quartier calme et retiré. Toutes les conditions sont réunies pour un sejour bien agréable, à l exception " cette année " de la présence de nombreux moustiques dès le coucher du soleil.
Ces 3 semaines ont été fantastiques. Des vacances reposantes, agréables, supers. Véronique est adorable et arrangeante. Nous nous sommes sentis comme des invités avec de charmantes attentions de sa part. La location est parfaite, propre, fonctionnelle. La piscine extra. Babou est adorable nos fils l'ont adorée. Bien évidemment cette adresse est à retenir ! Enfin pas trop parce qu'on veut revenir et qu'il y ait de la place !!
Logement récent et très bien équipé, piscine agréable nichée dans un écrin de verdure..... calme et détente assurés....
nous avons également apprécié les bons conseils de la propriétaire et la présence de cette adorable Babou, dont les enfants parlent encore....
C'est avec grand plaisir que nous reviendrons pour découvrir ce qu'on n'a pas eu le temps de faire : la région est riche de ballades et découvertes en tout genre. Encore merci pour cet accueil.
The apartment is located in Saint Gely du Fesc. While being isolated from mass tourism, the location is ideal to discover the area: whether by foot or cycling (many mountain biking paths, bikes can be rented for adults or children (with trailer for children or children seats if necessary) to go to the beach from Montpellier (velomagg), horseback riding (horse or donkey), canoeing, paddle boat (Salagou Lake), paragliding (Serrane Parapente), gliding (gliding centre of the Pic Saint Loup), many spots for rock-climbing in the back-country of Montpellier. All outdoor activities will allow you to enjoy the climate which is ideal all year long. But you can also relax under the sun, by the pool, under the hackberries, lulled by the song of the cicadas...
This region is also very interesting for many other reasons:
- the land: for all visits, meet the winemakers and go wine tasting...contact the Association of Winemakers of the Pic Saint Loup 04.67.55.97.47 or take the Wine and Flavours Road in Grand Pic Saint-Loup to discover the Caveaux du Terroir as well as the local products like olive oil, honey, goat cheese...
- The festivals (theatre (the Printemps des Comédiens at the Domaine d'O in Montpellier, Molière dans tous ses éclats in Pézenas), dance (Montpellier Danse), music (Festival Radio France, Les Internationales de la Guitare...), cinema (Mediterranean Movie in Montpellier, documentaries in Lasalle...), poetry (Lodeve, Sète)...)
- The museums (Musée Fabre, Prehistoric Museum of the Matelles, Musée des Verriers in Claret (Artistic Glass), Musée Fleury in Lodeve, Carre d'Art in Nimes, Miam in Sete...)
- The heritage: Montpellier (tour of the old town every day at 5.00 pm. During summer: at night every Monday at 9.30 p.m. and during summer, every Friday evening with wine tasting (at the tourist office)), the medieval village of the Matelles, the prehistoric village of Cambous, the church of Saint Martin de Londres, Saint Guilhem le Désert and the Abbey of Gellone, the Pont du Diable, the cathedral of Maguelone, the Canal du Midi, the Pont du Gard, Nimes (Roman city)...
- The nature points of interest: the Pic Saint Loup (stunning panorama at the top: on one side, the Cevennes and on the other side, the sea and the ponds) and the Causse de l'Hortus, the garrigue with parks (the Parc de Coulondres (with deers), Parc Saint Sauveur, Parc du chateau de Restinclières, ParK of the zoo of Lunaret), the Gorges de l'Hérault and of La Vis, the Caves of Demoiselles and Clamousse, The Cirque de Navacelles, the small lakes of the Cres and Ceceles, and further, the Lake of the Salagou, the Cirque de Moureze, the beaches, separated from the coastal ponds (with flamingos) by a narrow barrier beach linking Palavas to Sete, the salt marshes (fortified city of Aigues-Mortes), the Camargue area and its traditions (bullfighting events during the Village Festival (last weekend of August)), the Mont Aigoual via the Footpath of the 4000 steps, at the gates of the Cevennes and the Causses (World Heritage Site for the agropastoralism), ...
Saint Gely du Fesc is 10 minutes from north of Montpellier via a two-lane road. Our village is served by buses from Herault Transport but we do recommend the rental of a car: parking space 20 m away from the apartment (you can park your car in the garden to unload your vehicle) and in Montpellier, you can park at the tram parking (Occitanie Station) (beginning this year (2012), you can go up to the beaches with the tram and you will find a shuttle to drive you to the beach).
Many activities can be found north of Montpellier: the areas with hospitals - Faculties and Euromedecine are very dynamic and if you are looking for a sleeping accommodation on a fixed term basis, a monthly rental is available (please see the conditions on the rate section) (The monthly rate is not applicable during July and August)
Guides are at your disposal (for Festivals, children's activities, hikes, ...), as well as maps... and, we will be happy to share any information that will make your stay one of the most delightful of all...
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Aug 27 2016 - May 26 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
De septembre à mai : location au mois possible . Jour d'arrivée : flexible
450 euro la 1ère semaine, 600 Euro 2 semaines, 700 Euros 3 semaines, 800 Euro / mois + 200 Euro la semaine supplémentaire
juin : 550 euro la semaine
Juillet et août :location du samedi au samedi, loué à la quinzaine
Nettoyage optionnel : 50 euros
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.