Concentrated in the history of France and the architecture of the castles, the castle of Villette is inscribed in its entirety as well as its gardens to the additional inventory of Historic Monuments(ISMH). Built on the banks of the Meuse on medieval cellars, this defense castle was gradually transformed into a pleasure castle (18th and 19th centuries). It was the property of Cardinal Mazarin who took refuge there during the Fronde. Queen Anne of Austria and the young Louis XIV would have joined the cardinal before the latter returned to Paris
. Jean-François de Maucomble, squire and secretary adviser to King Louis XV realized most of the embellishments and the creation of French gardens. Villette also served as a refuge for Monsignor Nicolas Philbert, friend of Abbé Grégoire, during the revolutionary period called Terreur. Villette was also the witness of the capitulation of the Napoleonic armies in 1870 with 83,000 prisoners and 70,000 horses parked on his lands. The castle was also occupied by the German army during the two World Wars.
The castle which has preserved thanks to a faithful restoration, the soul of its origins constitutes a magic place and out of time for exceptional moments.