In the heart of Maggie Valley this tastefully decorated cabin is located in a wooded and serene setting. This log sided cabin has an open vaulted great room with a gas log fireplace, wireless internet and cable on a Sony Smart TV with sound bar to enjoy those cozy evenings by the fire.
The dining room table seats four with two additional seats at the bar. The fully equipped kitchen has granite counter tops and like new appliances.
The master bedroom is located on the main floor with and features a king size bed, cable TV, and connects to a full bath. The 2nd floor contains another large bedroom with walk-in closet, TV/DVD player with a full bath. A spacious loft with queen sized sleeper-sofa and a mattress topper available for added comfort.
A phone with free local and long distance service is on the main floor. The porch and deck have rocking chairs, a new 6-person hot tub, deck table with chairs, and a charcoal grill. A fire pit is off the side porch.
The cabin has easy year round access with maintained paved lanes and adequate parking. A collection of DVDs, books, games, and puzzles are available in the cabin. It is located in a park- like area that is good for walking with a nearby stream and a picturesque horse farm down the road.
Hoot Owl is located minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherokee Indian Reservation, Harrah’s Casino, Waynesville, Asheville, and local golf courses. Make Hoot Owl cabin your destination for your trip to the beautiful Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains of North Carolina!
Instructions for Check-In/Check-Out
• You must check-in at our office at 2787 Soco Rd. in Maggie Valley. We are located in Eagles Plaza near Snappy’s Pizza.
• Check in times will begin at 4:00 pm, however, this is not guaranteed. We work very hard to accommodate this check in time, but additional cleaning and inspection may be required for the rental homes, especially during peak and holiday seasons. You are welcome to call the office before your arrival to see if your vacation rental is ready for occupancy.
• During business hours, your check-in packet will be in our office. If you arrive after business hours, your packet will be in the RED drop box located just outside our office door. This packet includes directions to the home, keys, an afterhours emergency number, local trash locations, and directions to various grocery stores.
• Check out is 10:00 am and all keys need to be returned to our office or placed in the locked section of the RED drop box.
Items you will need to bring with you
(owners do not supply these items, however, if they are in the home, you are welcome to use)
• all paper products (toilet paper, napkins, paper plates, paper towels)
• trash bags, tin foil, baggies, coffee filters
• dish soap, laundry soap, hand soap, bath products
• All homes are furnished with bed and bath linens, pots & pans, and dishes. The homes also have washer and dryers for your use.
• Utility outages (power, cable, internet) are out of our control and we will make every effort for a quick resolve. There are no adjustments or refunds due to utility outages.
• NON-DISCLOSURE OF PETS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EVICTION AND NO REFUNDS!
• If you are wanting to have firewood delivered, please call our office at and we will give you a contact person for that.
• Please be aware that weather and road conditions can change drastically in the mountains during the winter, even if there is no snow, roads can still become icy and dangerous (this includes steps and driveways) Please plan accordingly and drive safely.
Thank you for your recent booking and we look forward to seeing you!!