Attractive villa with private pool in Almádena approximately 2 miles from Burgau, 2.5 miles from Praia da luz. Charming traditional village. The villa is in a tranquil setting in the heart of the village. Only minutes by car from Praia da Luz and Burgau and 15 minutes from Lagos. There are several excellent bars and restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance and a village shop for supplies. Very good bus service direct to Lagos, regular local bus service to Burgau and Praia da Luz. House size 154 square metres, overall plot size 350 square metres. There is a lockable gate to pool area if required for small children. Large outside terrace with 7m x 4m spacious pool, with plants and 6 sun beds. There is a dining table and chairs (6/8) on the lower patio. There orange and lemon trees at front of house.
Beautiful spacious lounge, with free WIFI, smart TV wifi enabled with most British freeview channels and DVD player. French windows overlooking gardens at front of house. Separate dining room with dining table seats 8, but has a large comfortable double sofa bed and can be used as a fourth bedroom if required. Well equipped kitchen with small dining table and 4 chairs, dishwasher, microwave, electric cooker. Utility room with washing machine, ironing board, iron etc. Large downstairs beautifully refurbished toilet with vanity unit and shower.
Upstairs 3 double bedrooms with ceiling fans. Master bedroom has double bed room and the other 2 bedrooms with 2 single beds in each. All have french windows with balcony overlooking village or countryside. There are also 2 bathrooms beautifully refurbished, 1 with separate shower, one with bath and shower. Both with vanity unit and large mirrors.
- Almádena village has several bars/resturants/cafes and a shop. For a generous family meal in the village, the must go restaurant is Brodie's
- Praia da Luz is a popular family beach resort with all the facilities you would expect and excellent restuarants.
- Burgau is a pretty but small beach resort with a fishing past, plenty of bars and several good quality restaurants. We love to dine at the Burgau Beach Bar (but make sure you book well in advance).
- Lagos is a charming and vibrant town with excellent tourist facilities, historic buildings, famously scenic beaches (e.g Dona Ana), trendy bars, clubs and is easily accessible by bus. For later evenings out, reaonably priced taxis are easily available from the town's taxi rank for the return trip.
- The village bus stop is 5 minutes walk from the house with a regular, reliable service to Lagos (fare 2 Euros). Burgau and Praia da Luz are also served by local buses from the village. Timetables always available online
- There is more than one waterpark within a drivable distance for the odd family trip. We suggest Slide 'n Splash (20-25 mins drive)
Other things to do include:-
- Visit the historic and attractive Moorish town of Silves
- Visit the world class surfing beaches in Sagres and the west coast (try Praia do Amado) within 30 mins drive.
- Several golf resorts and a few water parks & sports centres within easy reach.
- Wide range of other activities available to holiday makers in the area (boat trips, fishing, dolphin watching, kayaking, horse riding/trekking, scuba diving, tennis etc).
- Lovely spring walks along the coast and in the Algarve hinterlands.